Chapter 13

Strung Apart by Fate

"Let's go to Busan~!" Exclaimed Kai as he stood, the chair falling to the floor behind him.

"What?" Asked Beomgyu as he looked at Kai in surprise.

"I think Soobin would like that trip, and you get a chance to get closer to him!" Explained Kai.

Beomgyu sighed, shaking his head in exasperation. "I'm up for it, but are the others?" He asked.

"I know Taehyun and Heeseung are, I would have to ask Seongmin to see if he's able," mumbled Kai as he looked thoughtful, turning and picking up his chair before sitting back down in it.

"Soobin's happy to finally get released from the hospital," hummed Beomgyu as he nodded in thought.

"Exactly, so a trip to Busan will lift his spirits even more!" Kai explained, nodding along to the plan.

 

~



"Busan huh? I'm down," responded Taehyun as he nodded after Beomgyu talked to him about it during a small break in one of their classes. "If I'm down, and Soobin's down then I'm sure Heeseung wouldn't mind coming along," he added.

"Cool, I'll let Kai plan this out then," hummed Beomgyu. "I'm sure he wants Soobin to have as much fun as possible anyway," he added.

"Do you think Yeonjun will come along too?" Asked Taehyun as he texted Heeseung asking if he wanted to go to Busan.

"Ivan needed him for something," hummed Beomgyu. "His roommates updated the group chat I was in," he added.

"You're in a different group chat with him?" Asked Taehyun. "I didn't think he was in any others, he seems to be on his own a lot," he remarked, shaking his head.

"Yeonjun's got very few friends left," mumbled Beomgyu as his tablet pinged, causing him to look at it. "After being with Ivan for so long, there's so few people he actually considers a friend," he explained as he typed out a reply.

"What happened?" Asked Taehyun.

"You know how Ivan had a terrible reputation," mumbled Beomgyu. "He was in a time of constant warfare though," he explained. "It took losing his soulmate for the first time before he finally mellowed out and went out of power," he added.

"He has yet to find his soulmate again huh?" Asked Taehyun as he took in the information he was told.

Beomgyu nodded, letting out a soft sigh. "Yeonjun is the only person to ever stick with Ivan even after everything," he explained. "It alienated him from everyone, myself and Dann included," he added. "But now Dann and Ivan are good friends, and Yeonjun and I talk to on a daily basis about anything and everything," he explained, typing up another reply after his tablet pinged again.

Their conversation was cut short when the professor called for everyone's attention, Taehyun and Beomgyu turning to the teacher and not speaking again until the end of class.

"Don't worry," called Beomgyu as Taehyun started walking away, heading one direction while Beomgyu got ready to head back to the dorms for the day. "Yeonjun considers you guys his closest friends, so you won't have to worry about him pushing you guys away," he explained, waving Taehyun off before he rushed off back to the dorms.

Taehyun paused to look at Beomgyu, shaking his head in exasperation before turning and walking away, heading out of the building and going home. He felt relieved though, that Beomgyu had reassured him. Yeonjun seemed to be closing himself off from them again, but he understood why now.

 

~



"You guys are going to Busan? Man, I wish I was going," commented Jake as Beomgyu packed up his bag before Soobin came to pick him and Heeseung up in his car.

"You're from Australia aren't you? Maybe you'd be able to visit them sometime," retorted Beomgyu as he turned to Jake.

"Not at the moment, no," sighed Jake. "I'd love to go, but I'll have to go during summer break, where it's winter there," he explained.

"Maybe next time I'll come with you?" Asked Beomgyu as Heeseung appeared in the doorway with his bag on his shoulder ready to go. "Sure, I'd like that," Jake said with a grin, earning a smile in return from Beomgyu.

"Come on, they're waiting on us," Heeseung said, waving a goodbye to Jake as Beomgyu left with him, heading out the door.

 

~



Beomgyu sat in the passenger seat with Soobin who was driving. They had borrowed a van from Soobin's parents who had a rental company and Soobin had been the one to insist on driving. Beomgyu took his place beside Soobin, as Taehyun sat with Heeseung and Kai sat with Seongmin. It had been lively for the first bit, but everyone had settled in their seats and it was now as quiet as it ever would be.

"I think we should visit Jay after the school year is over," Soobin said suddenly, startling Beomgyu who turned to look at Soobin. "It's just a thought," he added, shrugging as he kept focus on the road in front of him.

"I'd be down," agreed Beomgyu. "But let's focus on this vacation," he added.

"Where are we going anyway?" Asked Soobin. "Kai only told me that we'd be going to Busan," he explained.

"We're going to be staying at a friend's house," responded Beomgyu as he shifted in his seat, leaning back as he slid forward slightly. "His name is Seoho, he was one of the people who works for another king I know," he explained. "This king I didn't work for however, but I got a lot of my sword fighting skills from him and Seoho," he added.

"You know how to swordfight?" Asked Soobin as he blinked in surprise.

"It's my specialty actually," explained Beomgyu. "I haven't had a good spar in a while, but Seoho and I used to spar to a draw every time we did," he added.

"Which king is this?" Asked Soobin as he slowed down the van, seeing traffic start going to a standstill up ahead.

"His name is Jahan," replied Beomgyu. "I think he's from India," he added. "I don't know though, I met him after he went out of power," he explained. "Hm," hummed Soobin.

"You know a lot of kings," piped up Seongmin from the back seat. "Is there anyone who you'd go back to if you didn't have Dann?" He asked, stretching in his seat and leaning forward to get involved with the conversation going on.

"Probably King Arthur?" Asked Beomgyu. "He and Dann are like the best of friends," he explained. "They're the complete opposite of each other, but I do not mind him," he added.

"What happened to Jahan's soulmate?" Asked Soobin, afraid of the answer.

"Ah, I don't think they've met yet," replied Beomgyu. "Jahan's got the same thing as Yeonjun, along with Seoho," he explained.

 

~



When they finally pulled up to the house Seoho was standing on the front landing of the stairs leading up to the house, waving at Beomgyu who was the first to leave the car, Beomgyu waving back at him before he closed the door.

"Wow, this is a big house," commented Kai as he got out of the van after the others, staring up at the house.

"It's right on the water too," remarked Taehyun as he looked around the area they were in.

Seoho walked over with his hands in his pockets, his stance relaxed and friendly. Soobin, being the ever observant one noticed that despite the relaxed stance Seoho seemed to be on edge, something Soobin figured had to do with being under a king like Beomgyu.

"Welcome to Jahan's summer house," greeted Seoho. "You have the first floor to yourselves, it's big enough for everyone, two to a room," he explained. "The only rules I have is to make sure you clean up after yourselves, and when you leave, make sure to leave the area the way it was when you arrived," he added.

"We'll keep it clean," reassured Soobin. "I don't think we'll be spending much of our time inside anyway," he added. The others nod in agreement.

"Enjoy your stay then," Seoho stated with a nod, bowing before turning and heading back to the house, entering it. Everyone followed after him, Beomgyu taking the lead.