Chapter 12

Strung Apart by Fate

Beomgyu let out an exasperated sigh as he tried to focus on his work for his classes. It was close to midterms and Beomgyu had to reluctantly leave the hospital so that he could finish studying for the tests he had to take, hating tests when Soobin still wasn't out of the hospital yet.

"How's the studying coming along?" Asked Jake as he walked over, standing behind Beomgyu and looking down at the book he was reading.

"It's annoying," whined Beomgyu as he put his head in his hands in defeat. "I didn't think it'd be this much stuff I'd have to study for either," he complained.

"Well, at least after this it's winter break?" Asked Jake. "Winter break then it's back to studying and hoping Soobin realizes I'm his soulmate," sighed Beomgyu.

"I don't think he ever will," remarked Jake as he shook his head, moving away from Beomgyu. "This is Soobin we're talking about," he added.

"You do have a point," grumbled Beomgyu as he looked down at his book, muttering about having to study.

 

~



Taehyun waited on Heeseung, the both of them heading out to the hospital to see Soobin while Yeonjun was keeping an eye on him. Beomgyu was busy studying for his exams, though both Taehyun and Heeseung were happy to keep Soobin company since the bond they shared was deep.

"I will never understand the bond you three share, but I hope that one day, Soobin and I would be able to share that sort of bond with someone," commented Beomgyu as he stood at the door, taking a break from studying to see them off.

"Heeseung owes Soobin a lot of things," responded Taehyun as he shrugged. "I owe him for saving Heeseung's life," he added. "Yeah, that makes sense," hummed Beomgyu.

Heeseung walked over after a few minutes, nodding to Beomgyu before smiling at Taehyun. "Ready?" Asked Taehyun as he raised an eyebrow. "Sure," hummed Heeseung. "Have fun," Beomgyu said in goodbye as he waved them off. Taehyun and Heeseung nodded before they headed out to Soobin's car, taking it to the hospital.

 

~



Soobin was talking with Yeonjun, catching up with each other as Yeonjun talked about his recent travels with Ivan. Unlike Beomgyu, who still served under Dann, Yeonjun served under Ivan, and that had been the reason he hadn't been around since the end of high school.

"I heard Ivan was a strict kind of king," remarked Soobin as Yeonjun checked his tablet for news. "Nah, he's only like that around people he doesn't know, or when he's doing king things," responded Yeonjun as he shook his head. "Besides, Dann was the same way, until he went out of power of course," he added. "Hm," hummed Soobin.

"Did you serve under Dann too?" Asked Soobin. "I was one of his top generals, Beomgyu was the only person to serve directly under Dann," replied Yeonjun as he shrugged.

"You were one of the best generals I have ever come to have serve under me though," came a new voice as the door opened, revealing someone new. "Your majesty," Yeonjun exclaimed, standing and bowing. "None of that, I haven't been a king for centuries now," dismissed the new person as he waved off Yeonjun who immediately sat back down in his chair.

"Um?" Asked Soobin as he looked awed and confused at the same time. "Ah, my apologies, I was once King Dangun, but everyone calls me Dann," Dann said in introduction. "Oh!" Exclaimed Soobin as his mouth dropped open in surprise.

"Where is Beomgyu?" Asked Dann. "He's currently studying for his midterms, so I'm keeping Soobin company," replied Yeonjun as he nodded. "He's actually learning something? Wow," scoffed Dann, who got an amused snort from Yeonjun.

"Beomgyu wasn't the scholarly type, you know this," commented Yeonjun as he typed up a message to send to Beomgyu.

Soobin got over the shock at actually meeting a king as he shook his head. "I wasn't expecting a visit from loyalty," he remarked with a shaky laugh. "The royal family still exists you know," commented Dann as he shrugged. "I haven't kept up with my family in so long though," he added.

"What brings you around?" Asked Yeonjun. "Came to see Beomgyu, but I ran into you instead," replied Dann as he shrugged.

"Why do I have a feeling that is not all?" Asked Yeonjun as he tilted his head to the side. "It's not, but I'll explain it later, when your friends get here," responded Dann as he shrugged, shaking his head.

 

~



When Taehyun and Heeseung arrived Dann was keeping Soobin company while Yeonjun was getting food from the cafeteria.

"Well, look who finally decided to show up," commented Soobin as he turned to Taehyun and Heeseung as they entered the room with bags of food in their hands. "Traffic was annoying," grumbled Taehyun as he walked over to the table and dropped the bag he was holding on it.

"Yeah, traffic can get rather annoying," remarked Dann as he got up, making sure he had everything as he patted his pockets. "You're going already?" Asked Soobin as he turned to Dann. "I have to meet up with Beomgyu, I'm sure he's waiting on me," responded Dann as he shrugged. "I'll be back to visit soon, maybe Ivan will come along too," he added.

"I'd like that, I do wanna see what he's like when he's not doing... King things," hummed Soobin, earning a chuckle from Dann. "I'll see you later kid," Dann said in farewell before leaving the room.

"Who was that?" Asked Taehyun. "That was Dann, we know him as King Dangun," replied Soobin as he turned to Taehyun who blinked in surprise at the information. "Huh," hummed Heeseung as he shook his head.

 

~



Beomgyu took time out of his busy studying time to visit Dann down at the cafe, his tablet under his arm as he entered the cafe. He waved at Jungwon and Sunghoon, who were both working with Kai's soulmate, Seongmin if he remembered correctly.

"Two coffees please," Beomgyu muttered, walking up to the counter to pay. "Two?" Asked Seongmin. Beomgyu nodded. "Okay," hummed Seongmin as he rung up the order, Beomgyu swiping his card to pay for it. Seongmin nodded, taking the cups needed and passing them down to Sunghoon who went to make the coffee. Beomgyu nodded and went to wait on his drinks. After he got his drinks Beomgyu went to sit down and wait on Dann.

 

~



When Dann showed up Beomgyu waved him over, Dann going to sit down in front of Beomgyu who passed over his coffee.

"It's been a while Beomgyu," commented Dann as he took a sip of his coffee. "Mhm," responded Beomgyu as he drank some more of his coffee.

"I met the Soobin of this life," stated Dann as he studied Beomgyu who tilted his head to the side. "And?" Asked Beomgyu. "I think I will take him in, after your plans are done," responded Dann as he nodded. "Good," hummed Beomgyu. "Take care of him okay?" He asked. Dann nodded. "I will do my best," he reassured.