2022

Touch My Heart

"Teach your girlfriend some manners, Winter. You're very disappointing," sabi ni Adam. 

Nakaupo sila sa loob ng limousine ni Adam. After kasi suntukin ni Karina si Adam ay umakyat na ang babae sa kwarto ni Darcy. 

"She's upset about the intrusion, Father." Sabi ni Winter. She didn't apologize. Because her father deserves the punch and more.

"But it is my house."

"No. It belongs to me. Bakit ba tayo nandito, Dad?" Tanong ni Winter. Medyo tumaas na rin ang tono ng boses niya. 

"I received your email about the family business. I just want to personally welcome you." Adam smiled. Winter sighed and nodded her head. 

"That's all, Dad? Because I have a family waiting for me." Winter said.

"I know about your haphephobia. And a piece of advice, darling, women like to be touched." Nakangising sabi ni Adam. 

Winter clenched her fist. ing ert. 

"I better get going, Dad." Lumabas ng sasakyan si Winter at pumasok sa bahay niya. She locked the gate. 

Tumakbo siya papunta sa kwarto ni Darcy. Malaki na ang tatay niya, kaya na niyang umalis mag-isa. She knocked before entering the room.

She saw Darcy sleeping while hugging Karina tightly. She smiled. This is her home. And it belongs to her. Not her father, not anyone. 

"Are you tired?" Winter asked. She leaned in and kissed the taller girl's forehead.

"Hmm, not really, no. Sorry for embarrassing you, but I want you to know that I am not sorry for what I have done," sabi niya at tumingin nang deretso sa mata ni Winter. 

The younger girl shrugged. She knows. 

"He deserved it. So, why did the sweet girl Karina lose her cool?" Humiga si Winter sa tabi nila at tumiingin kay Karina. She did try to hold the older girl but she still can't. Hindi niya alam kung bakit kaya niya para kay Darcy, pero hindi kay Karina. 

"Because your father is an . He left you alone on your graduation day, but he acts as if he owned you. Like he raised you, which I  know he did not." Sabi ni Karina at umiling. Winter chuckled. 

"Well, thank you for standing up for me. I love you, Rina." Sabi ni Winter. Karina chuckled. 

"I love you more, Win. Tell me, why did you hug Darcy? I mean, you're afraid of touching people, what makes our daughter special?" Karina asked. Winter shrugged and sighed deeply. 

"I was 14 when my mother died in my arms. I called the ambulance, but Mom's dead before they even arrived. Then Dad came. He cried, hindi ko lang alam kung totoo. After my mother's burial, I am basically alone. Dad left for business, and never came back when he doesn't want to." Winter paused. She looked over and saw Karina looking at her intently. 

She never really wanted her girlfriend to be her rant buddy or anything. Sure, she wants to share everything with Karina, but she doesn't want to dampen the mood. And everything is just about her. Hindi man niya naitatanong kay Karina kung may mga trauma rin ba siya.

"Looking at Darcy kanina, I remembered the young me. And I don't want her to feel alone, because she is not. She has me and you." Sabi ni Winter at ngumiti. 

Bakit parang ang bilis na ang bagal ng love story nila? May crush siya kay Karina pero it took 7 years before the confession and the girlfriend part. Nauna pa nga ang anak nila. 

"Winter," tawag ni Karina. The younger girl hummed. Hearing her name rolled out of Karina's tonngue send shivers down her spine. Ang lambing kasi nang pagkakatawag. 

"Can you try hugging me? I know this is so insensitive of me, but I miss your warmth," biglang Sabi ni Karina. 

Winter looked at her with a sad smile. Maybe, her father is right. But not with ill-intention touchings. Maybe, all people really want to have a physical relationship.

"I would try, but just thinking about it makes me anxious," sabi ni Winter at umiwas ng tingin. She is back to zero again.

Nag-ooverthink na naman siya. What if Karina leaves them because she cannot give her the hugs or hand holding that she always wanted? 

What if Karina regretted her choice? 

Paano kung hindi magkaka-peace of mind si Winter dahil sa kakulangan niya?

She promised herself not to enter a relationship because it always gets physical. 

"Winter? Okay ka lang ba?" Tanong ni Karina. 

"U-uhm, ye-yes. Of course, I am." Winter smiled. She tried her best to push the ideas to the very back of her mind. 

She's already in this relationship. And she's more afraid of losing Karina than anything in this world. 

"I love you, Karina." 

"And as I said, I love you more, Winter." Karina chuckled before planting a small kiss on the tip of Winter's nose. 

There is a nagging feeling inside Karina. Why does she feel that this will be their last time together?