2015

Touch My Heart

Naghuhugas ng plato si Karina nang biglang yakapin ni Darcy ang binti niya.

"Mama Rina," tawag niya kay Karina. The latter hummed and looked down at her fake daughter. 

"Yes, baby Darce? What is it?" She asked. Ipinunas niya sa may likod ng pajamas niya ang kamay niya at nagsquat para pumantay sa height ni Darcy. She hugged her back while humming Darcy's favorite song. 

"Can I hug you po?" Tanong ni Darcy. It was a random request. 

"You're already hugging me, though." Nakangiting sabi ni Karina. Darcy rested her head on her fake mother's shoulder. 

"Mama, can I tell you something?" Karina nodded her head. 

"I really want to hug Mommy too. But she said po kanina na she cannot hug me or touch me po. Do you know why po?" Karina pats her daughter's back. Because they feel the same way. 

Karina wants to feel the shorter girl's warmth against her skin. She wants to feel Winter's hug. How would her skin feel against hers? 

"Your Mommy Win wants to hug you too, for sure. This is hard for her too, baby. Let's just respect Mommy's wishes and hope for the best, okay?" Tanong ni Karina. Binuhat niya si Darcy at naglakad papunta sa kwarto ni Winter. 

Bukas na lang niya itutuloy ang paghuhugas ng mga plato. Kung ang iba may bebe time, siya may family time with her crush. Speaking of her crush, kanina niya pa hindi nakikita si Winter. Usually naman ay nauuna siya sa kwarto para mag-good night kay Darcy. She sleeps in a different room because of something. She doesn't really know. 

"Are you sleepy, Darce?" Tanong ni Karina at pumasok na sa kwato ni Winter. Ibinaba niya si Darcy sa kama at inayos ang pagkakahiga ng bata. 

"Where's Mommy? I want to sleep beside her too, Mama." Karina smiled and kissed her daughter's forehead. 

"I'll tell her. Dito ka lang, okay? But first, what did I say about touching other people's things?" 

"Magpapaalam po muna sa may-ari before touching and borrowing the thing po." Sagot naman ni Darcy. For their other classmates, they spoiled their pretend children to make them give them high grades. 

But Winter and Karina talked about the parenting thing. They decided that if they're gonna be a pretend family, then they should act like a real one. Kaya intead of just spoiling Darcy, they instill things like responsibility and kindness in her. Magiging pamilya na rin naman sila ng isang linggo, bakit hindi pa nila gawing maayos at tama?

"Good. I'll talk to your Mommy lang para we can sleep beside her, okay?" Darcy nodded and tucked herself in. Karina smiled to herself when she saw what Darcy did. Three years old and already this responsible. 

"Winter! Where are you?" She yelled. Ang laki kasi ng bahay nila Winter, and to think na she lives here alone. Malungkot kaya si Winter habang nakatira dito? Sasabihan na lang niya siguro na pagtapos ng project na ito, kapag binalik na nila si Darcy, pwede siyang bumisita dito para hindi malungkot si Winter.

"Tennis court po!" Sigaw rin ni Winter. Karina looked at her watch. It's half an hour after 8, and she's still training? 

"Bakit hindi ka pa nagwawash up? Darcy wanted you to sleep beside us," tanong ni Karina at umupo sa may bench malapit sa court. She crossed her legs and watched Winter hit the tennis balls from the machine. Muntik na niyang malimutan na manager siya nila Winter. 

"I need to hit a thousand balls a day, Rina. That's my secret," natatawang sabi ni Winter. She hits the balls too easily.

"But it's already nighttime, Win. So, please? Wash up and go to bed with me? Hinihintay ka na ng anak mo sa taas." Sabi ni Karina. Winter grunted when she nearly missed the ball. 

"Uhm, susunod ako, okay?" Lumingon saglit kay Karina si Winter. She saw the taller girl looking at her intently. 

Karina hummed and stood up.

"As the team's manager, I think it's enough." Naglakad siya papunta sa machine para patayin. Winter huffed and sat in the middle of the court. 

"Why'd you do that?" Hinihingal niyang tanong. She's breathless from all the hitting. 

Karina raised a brow. She crossed her arms. 

"Because it's nighttime, Win. And ano ang rule natin kapag gabi na?" Tanong ni Karina. They made rules the first night they got Darcy. 

"To spend time with the family, and not work or play. Family time po," sabi ni Winter. She massaged her nape before standing up.

"Sorry, Rina." Sabi niya. Karina smiled softly. There's a resemblance between Darcy and Winter. They act the same, somehow. 

"Hey, we can just be better, right? So, come, Darcy is waiting for us." 

They walked together to the house. 

"Hindi ba malungkot tumira mag-isa dito?" Karina suddenly asked. Pinunasan ni Winter ang mukha niya bago tumingin kay Karina. She smiled sadly. 

"It's sad, pero wala naman akong magagawa. Mom died last last year. And you know Father's away for work." Karina hummed. Hindi niya alam na namatay na pala ang nanay ni Winter. 

"I'm sorry, Winter." 

The shorter girl raised a brow before shrugging. 

"It's okay. At least I have you and Darcy now." 

 

 

 

[kaya pala English yung language na mas ginagamit ni Darcy dahil diba she was a shy kid sa orphanage, so instead of playing with others, supposed na she reads books, kaya she's already in G7/first year kahit 10 pa lang siya - mentioned this doon sa play eme na chapter 2022 (nalimutan ko sagutin to jnsjdsndsd]