2022

Touch My Heart

Karina walked closely to Winter. Nagpaalam siya sa Headmaster na uuwi na. Mamaya na lang siya tatawag ng grab or papara ng taxi sa paa ng bundok. 

Hindi naman makakaakyat ang mga sasakyan sa tinutuluyan nilang part dahil sobrang taas na rin. 

"You know, I want to be a Doctor." Sabi ni Karina habang nasa likod ni Winter.

"I am aware." Karina pouted at the cold response. 

"Do you wanna know why?" She asked again. Winter took a quick look at her before nodding her head.

The tall girl smiled to herself. At least, there's progress.

"I really like to flaunt my coat. Clout chasing lang naman ang reason," natatawang sabi nj Karina. Winter took a glance at her and sighed. 

"Right. How about helping other people?" Tanong ni Winter. 

Karina snorted. Ang cold naman ng crush niya. Parang hindi siya namiss.

"Syempre yun yung reason ko! I'm just trying to make the mood lighter. Eh ikaw ba? Do you always know that you're going pro?" Tanong ni Karina. Kanina pa siya hinihingal sa paglalakad. Kaya ayaw niya rin nang nagsasalita habang naglalakad e. Nadodoble ang pagod niya. Wala pa naman siyang dalang tubig. 

But who is she to complain about it? Si Winter naman ang kasama niya. 

"Tennis is a hobby, but after I got diagnosed with haphephobia, I decided to just go pro. WBesides, I'm a good player, Wala masyadong contact with other people" Sabi ni Winter at nagshrug. 

"Are you for real? You're more than good, Win! You rock the tennis world! You're like the Taylor Swift of tennis." Sabi ni Karina at ngumisi. 

Winter is a great player. The best in the country, and even the whole world. 

"It's just hours of practice that put me on top. I am not really that good, Rina." Tumigil sa paglalakad si Winter at tumingin nang mabuti kay Karina. 

The taller girl looked at her with the same intensity.

Karina believes she is the best, which makes her believe she really is. 

"Walk, Winter. Baka gabihin tayo." Nakangiting sabi ni Karina. Winter sighed and walked.

"You know, my love language is physical touch. Pero recently, I realized that act of service is also my love language. Ikaw ba, Winter? Ano ba love language mo?" Karina asked. 

"I don't know." Karina frowned.

"Bakit naman?" Winter hummed.

"Because I have haphephobia, Karina. People like me, or at least in my situation, I decided to just swswearff love and people in general." Nalungkot si Karina sa narinig. Because why would a person choose to be alone for the rest of their life? 

"If you don't mind me asking, why do you have this phobia?" Tanong ni Karina. 

Napatigil saglit sa paglalakad si Winter bago naglakad nang mabilis. She's avoiding Karina, and the question. 

"Hey, wait for me! You don't need to answer it," sabi ni Karina at naunang maglakad kay Winter. 

"Sorry." Winter mumbled. She wanted to tell Karina. Tell the girl everything, all of the hardships, all of the traumas, everything. 

But she's too scared. Too scared to even admit everything that has happened. 

"It's okay, babe. Take your time. If you'll always be here if you want to talk about it

Maybe they were both distracted, but no one reacted with Karina's babe thingy. 

"I miss our daughter." Biglang sabi ni Karina. Winter nodded her head kahit na hindi naman siya makikita ng dalaga. 

"Did she look for me?" Tanong ni Winter at nilaro ang fingers niya. 

"She did! So I showed her your games. Gusto nga niyang maging katulad mo e." Winter chuckled.

"Oh dear Lord! Huwag naman sana. I did terrible things," she joked. Karina looked at her for a brief moment. 

"You're a wonderful person, she is too. Tsaka that was in the past. Ang mahalaga, you are aware, and did something to be better," Karina said. 

Maybe, Winter finally knows her love language. Maybe, it's words of affirmation, or maybe, it's all the things that Karina does. 

"I'm glad that you think so, Karina." Ngumiti si Winter at humawak sa mga puno na malapit sakanya. Masyadong madulas ang daan. 

"Nahirapan ka bang palakihin siya mag-isa?" Akala mo naman mag-asawang nagdivorce na may anak. 

"Not really. She's a good kid. A lot like you, in fairness. Nagiging kamukha mo na nga raw e." Sabi ni Karina. Winter raised a brow, her lips finally smiling. Fi

"Be careful ha? It's a bit slippery," paalala ni Karina. She walked carefully, but then, Winter suddenly yelled. A loud scream.

Napalingon agad si Karina at nakita na nadulas si Winter. She was wobbling while trying to balance herself. 

But a girl can only do so much. Karina strode forward to her.

And before anyone knew it, a hand touched Winter's porcelain skin. It was warm and gentle. 

But a girl with haphephobia can only take so much. 


 

 

 

[it's going down for real~~~]