2022

Touch My Heart

Socializing is never Winter's strongest suit. She played with her fingers as she stood in front of one of the organizers. 

She's from the Academy too, but Winter does not know her.

Namumuo na ang pawis sa bandang noo niya. She never really went around advertising her disease or phobia. 

"Can I not join the activities with physical contact?" She asked. The organizer looked at her with a judging look. 

Winter does not like that look. that look. And everyone who cannot understand her. 

"I'm sorry? Hindi ba nandito tayo para ibuild ang connection? Hindi maiiwasan ang physical contact, Coach Kim." Sabi ng organizer habang nakakunot ang noo. 

"I'm a germophobe, Miss," Winter said. She always uses the word germophobe, not her actual phobia. She's scared.

"Ipaliwanag mo nga sakin bakit hindi ka makakasali dahil germophobe ka?" Tanong ng organizer. Winter chuckled awkwardly. 

"Germophobe means afraid of germs." She says in a matter-of-fact tone. Tumango naman ang organizer at nagcross arms. 

"And? Ano naman?" 

"I cannot hold another person's hand or body, or they the same to me." Napakunot ng noo si Winter. Hindi pa rin ba magets ng organizer ang problema niya? 

"Hindi naman totoo ang mga germophobe na yan. Maarte ka lang talaga. Sorry Coach, pero everything is mandatory." Napapikit si Winter sa inis. Why would she even think that anyone would understand?

Karina understands her, doesn't mean everyone could. 

And Winter wanted to just give up this conversation. Hindi siya marunong makipagtalo. She's just too used to taking in insults. 

"Hey, what's happening here?" Tanong ni Karina at tumingin sa organizer na nasa harapan ni Winter. She heard Winter's voice while walking, and naturally, she looks for the shorter girl. 

"Coach Kim refused to join the activities because she's a germophobe. And I told her no." Karina raised a brow. She stepped in. Finding out that Winter is a germophobe this way does not feel good. But her feelings for that will be for later, for now, it's Winter.

"Why? You don't have the right to invalidate a person's phobia if you don't even know half a thing about it." Sabi ni Karina habang nakakunot ang noo. 

"Look, Nurse Yu, mandatory ang sumali sa mga activities. Sana hindi na lang siya sumama sa retreat na ito kung mag-aarte lang siya." Winter sighed. At this point, she has given up. She can't force people understand. But Karina is different. She is offended by the organizer. 

"We're here to build a connection with each other, right? So how can this make her connect with these people if they cannot understand her situation? So if you really want this retreat to work, I say she should sit this one out. Kung ayaw mo pumayag, we'll go directly to the Headmaster." Karina frowned. The organizer shrugged and walked out on them. Lumingon si Karina kay Winter at ngumiti. 

Winter shook her head. Naglakad siya paalis, pero sinundan siya ni Karina. The taller girl frowned. Did she do something wrong? Gusto niya lang naman tumulong. She can't bear to see someone invalidate her future wife's feelings. 

"Win! Wait! May nagawa ba ako? Hey." Tanong ni Karina. Hindi siya pinansin ni Winter at nagpatuloy lang sa paglalakad papunta sa tent nila. 

"Winter! Talk to me." Pumasok si Winter sa tent. She sighed and started packing her things.

Karina stopped her and sighed. 

"What's  the problem, Win? Did I upset you?" Tanong ulit ni Karina. Kung mayroon sigurong Most Patient Award, sakanya na mapupunta. 

"Karina, you don't have to fight my battles for me."

"But she's kind of insulting you, Winter. I just helped." Karina explained. She sat in front of Winter and hugged her knees to her chest. 

"And I don't need your help, Karina. I am perfectly fine! This is not even the first time this happens. It happened over and over that people just paint me as rude and maarte, and ewan, madami naman silang sinasabi." Sabi ni Winter at hinigit ang gamit niya kay Karina. 

"But you shouldn't adjust for them, Winter." Sabi ni Karina at umiling. Inagaw nya ulit ang gamit ni Winter. 

Kung hindi lang sila nagtatalo, siguro kikiligin na si Karina kasi mukha silang mag-asawang nag-aaway. 

"I am not a germophobe, Karina. Ang kalat nga ng kwarto ko e. But I have haphephobia. I have a fear of touching, pysical contact." Winter explained. Inagaw nya ulit kay Karina ang mga gamit niya, this time, inilayo na niya sa reach ni Karina para hindi na siya maagawan pa. 

Karina took a minute to process the information. Bakit naman naging physical touch pa ang love language niya? 

"And Karina? You cannot tell me how to act when you don't even know how hard it is for me." Tumayo si Winter dala ang bag niya. She appreciated what Karina has done, but no, she was embarrassed. 

"Winter Kim! I'll come with you." Mabilis na kinuha ni Karina ang gamit ang hinabol si Winter. 

It will take time for her to understand where she went wrong. That does not mean she would let the love of her life go home alone. 


 

 

 

[eto na nga, fluff lang tau, wag nio q awayin]