2022

Touch My Heart

Winter woke up because of the smell of pancakes. She loves pancakes. Kung pwede nga lang ay pancake na lang ang kakainin niya sa buong araw. 

Napaupo sa kama si Winter. 

Karina left last night. So who would cook inside her kitchen? She stood up and started walking. 

Napatigil siya nang makita ang master bedrooom. She looked at the floor, at the door, and the ceiling. Her body trembled in fear. She's standing in the same spot 9 years ago. The same spot where she helplessly watch her mother got abused by her father. 

"Mommy? Are you okay po?" Napayuko si Winter nang marinig ang boses ni Darcy. A smile finally crept into her face, and the shaking finally stops. 

"Baby! Mommy missed you so much." Sabi ni Winter at ngumiti. She wanted to hug Darcy, which made her feel what she said, but she can't. It's eating her. 

"I know po! Mama told me that you're tired, kaya she cooked for us po." Darcy said while smiling at Winter. The woman wanted to lift her child. To hold her hand while they're walking. It's frustrating. 

"Oh? So you don't miss Mommy?" Tanong ni Winter. She walked with Darcy to their living room. Nagluluto pa lang si Karina, kaya dapat nasa living room sila at nanonood lang ng cartoons. Pero high school na pala si Darcy, so anong panonoorin nila ngayon?

"I miss you so much po kaya!" Darcy said and crossed her arms. Ang defensive, parang siya nga lang din. Natawa naman si Winter at umiling. 

"I know baby. Niloloko lang naman kita." She said and made a face. Parang bata lang. 

"Mom! Teach me how to play tennis, please?" Darcy looked at her mother with puppy dog eyes. Napakamot naman sa kilay si Winter. 

"Eh, I am not a great player, anak. Tsaka patay tay sa Mama mo kapag hindi muna tayo nagbreakfast." Bulong ni Winter. Darcy chuckled innocently.

"I saw you on TV po. Ang galing nyo po, Mommy! Ang high niyo po tumalon despite of your height po! You're the best player, Mommy! Tsaka why don't you teach me and Mama na lang po kaya? Family bonding!" Darcy clapped her hands together. She's excited to spend time with her mothers. Winter cannot believe her ears. Did Darcy just call her short? 

"Sinasabi mo bang maliit ako, anak?" Tanong ni Winter. Darcy shook her head. 

"Ginugulo mo ba ang Mommy mo, Darcy?" Tanong ni Karina nang makita ang dalawa na kauupo lang sa may couch sa living room. Binuksan ni Winter ang TV at inabot sa anak niya ang remote. Hindi naman siya mahilig manood kaya hindi niya rin alam kung anong usong drama ngayon. 

"Hindi po! Siya po yung nagbobother sakin!" Tumaas ang kilay ni Winter. She hummed and shook her head disappointedly. 

"What did we tell you about lying?" Winter asked sternly. She loves the kid so much, but she won't tolerate lying and throwing other people under the bus. She wants to have the nicest and most open family relationship with Darcy. And hopefully, with the kid's Mama, Karina. 

"It's bawal po since it's bad. Sorry Mommy, nakakakaba lang po kasi si Mama," nakapout na sabi ni Darcy. Kung marupok si Winter at Karina sa isa't isa, mas marupok sila kay Darcy. 

"I know, right? But don't lie to us again, baby." Winter smiled and winked at her daughter. Hindi lang pala siya ang kinakabahan kay Karina.

"Kain na kayo!" Sigaw ni Karina mula sa kitchen. 

"Race you to the kitchen, Mommy Win!" Sigaw ni Darcy habang tumatakbo. Winter scoffed and did the same. Nauto na naman siya ng anak niya. 

Winter smiled to herself. At least, the thoughts and memories stopped invading her mind. 

"Anong gusto niyong gawin after breakfast?" Karina asked and sipped on her coffee. 

"Ano bang gusto niyong gawin?" Winter asked quietly. 

"Gusto ko po matuto kay Mommy ng tennis. Yung swish swish po ng racket!" Darcy said excitedly. 

"Okay lang ba, Mommy Win?" Karina wiggled her eyebrows at the shorter girl. Winter sighed and shrugged.

"Oo na nga. Basta kasali si Mama Rina," ngumisi si Winter. Two can play the game, Karina Yu. 

Winter took a sip of the hot chocolate that Karina made her. Buti na lang at she kept her promise. She was really here before Winter woke up. This might have become her favorite way to wake up. Considering that she doesn't like waking up at all. 

"Mommy, do you like Mama?" Biglang tanong ni Darcy kay Winter. The latter choked.

"Darcy!" Suway ni Karina. Darcy raised a brow innocently. Ang hirap naman magalit o maasar sa batang ito. Sobrang inosente. 

"But you like Mommy. And I think she likes you too, Mama," the kid blurted out. 

"Hu-huh?" Napafacepalm na lang si Karina. Bida-bida naman ng anak nila. Uunahan pa siyang umamin kay Winter. Inunahan na pala siya. Parang kailangan niyang gawin na rule ang no snitching. 

"I overheard Mama talking to Tita Gi and Tita Ning po kasi. She said she loves you and she'll make ligaw raw po." 


 

 

[it didn't sit well with me to end the night with  the  last chapter, kaya i2 na fluff na, wag nio ko huntingin pleek HAAHAHAAND]