2022

Touch My Heart

Nakahiga si Winter sa tabi ni Darcy at Karina. Just like old times. Gusto kasi silang katabi ni Darcy, so they obliged. 

"Karina?" She called. Nakatingin lang siya sa ceiling ng kwarto ni Darcy. Karina hummed sleepily.

"What is it?" She asked. 

"Can we talk? I want to tell you something." Tanong ni Winter at dahan-dahang umupo sa kama. She looked over and saw Karina looking at her. 

Winter wanted to tell Karina everything. She is her girlfriend, and possibly her future wife. Besides, Karina is always there for her. So, sharing a part of her is the least she could do for the older girl. 

"Sure. Sa veranda na lang tayo," she said and stood up. Binuksan niya ang sliding door at lumabas. She hugged herself when she felt the cold air. 

"You know, I wanna hug you, so we could be warm together. Pero you know, I can't." Winter chuckled and shook her head. Iniabot niya kay Karina ang blanket na hawak niya at umupo sa may chair. Buti na lamang at nakasuot siya ng favorite niyang Lakers jacket. She looked at the sky filled with stars. 

"Well, your presence alone makes me warm." Natawa naman si Winter sa sinabi ni Karina.

"Alam mo, ang corny mo na ha. Kay Ningning mo ba natutunan yan?" She asked. Karina rolled her eyes and pouted. 

"Yep. Sabi niya women love things like that e," umiling na lamang si Winter. Kung ano-ano talaga ang tinuturo ni Ningning. Ito namang si Karina, palaging naniniwala. Ang ganda nga ng friendship dynamics nila e. Mahilig mang-uto at mabilis mauto. 

"Sus. Naniwala ka naman sa babaeng yun." Winter scoffed. Karina sat in front of her and smiled. 

"Hindi ba totoo? You always blush when I tell you things," she said. Winter hummed and tilted her head. Inilagay niya pa ang index at thumb niya sa baba ng chin niya. 

"I am so in love with you that I blush whenever you blurt nonsensical things." Sagot niya. Karina blushed. Look who's blushing now. Parehas lang naman pala silang head over heels sa isa't isa. 

"So? What do you want to talk about, my love?" Winter blushed at the endearment. Karina knows how to keep her heartbeat racing like crazy. 

"I am not always like this. I did enjoy the physical contact, I am a fan. But when I was 14, something terrible happenned. Everything is engrave in me. Yung arms ng father ko na ginagamit niya para yakapin ako, ginagamit niya rin para saktan ang nanay ko. It was ing traumatizing, Karina." Sabi ni Winter. Nakatingin lang siya sa langit. Everything still plays in her mind like it happened yesterday.

"I'm listening." Karina smiled at her. She is a good listener. Hindi man siya magaling sa advice, at least she knows how to listen. And only God knows what plays in Karina's mind. She wanted Winter's father dead. She wanted the younger's father to rot in jail, die, die, die. It might not show on her face, but all she could think about is killing Winter's father.

"He didn't know that I know. He does not. It pains me to act like I don't know. It ing hurts to just watch, I am hopeless. We never really bonded after my mother died." Winter smiled sadly. Her mother is a liar. 

"Ho-how did she pass away? Okay lang ba malaman?" Tanong ni Karina. She wanted to hug the girl, to hold her hand. But she can't.

"She killed herself. Never really told anyone about my father's acts. And the worst part is, I believed her. Naniwala ako noong sinabi niya na ayos lang siya. Na walang nangyayari. I believed her," may tumulong luha sa mga mata ni Winter. A part of her is finally free. Parang lumuwag ang paghinga niya. Nawala na rin ang bigat na nararamdaman niya.

"And then when I met you, that's when I realized that I am afraid of touching. And never really went to see a shrink until later," sabi ni Winter at ngumiwi. She remembered every embarrassing way she did just to avoid holding anyone, lalo na kay Karina. 

"Where's your father?" Galit na tanong ni Karina. Winter looked at her with teary eyes. She chuckled humorlessly. 

"Why? Wala naman tayong makukuha kung sasaktan din natin siya. My mom's dead, and he's almost dead." Natatawang sabi ni Winter. She looked at Karina again. Her eyes are more serious than ever.

"But seriously, Rina. Don't do anything irrational. He's a very dangerous man, and I don't want to lose another part of me because of him." Karina sighed. Her hands are still clenched tightly. men like him.

"Fine. Thank you for sharing that side of yours, Win. And I promise to protect you and our daughter, always." Sabi ni Karina. Winter grinned. 

"I know you will." Tumayo si Winter at lumapit kay Karina. She planted a small kiss on the taller girl's lips before entering Darcy's room again. 


 

 

 

[what if angst?]