2022

Touch My Heart

Karina fixed her clothes. She smiled proudly when she finally looks presentable. She doesn't know why she looks even more beautiful.

Don't get her wrong. She always looks gorgeous and presentable. But after the confession, and the kiss,  something inside her just clicked. Like she should impress Winter more and more. 

Kinuha niya ang flowers sa tables niya. Day 1 since the confession, and she's nervous as hell. Paano kung hindi gusto ni Winter ang napili niyang bulaklak? Paano kung ayaw ni Winter sa bulaklak in general?

Naglakad siya papunta sa tennis courts. May training pa sila Winter hanggang 5 pm. Buti na lamang at dismissal na ng mga bata, and she's not obliged to stay longer sa infirmary. Si Darcy naman, sinundo na ng driver at bodyguard na hinire ni Winter. 

She hummed as she walked. Napangiti siya nang maalala ang kiss nila ni Winter. It was hard to not touch the girl. She clenched her fist tightly, para hindi niya mahawakan ang batok ni Winter. 

But it was worth it. After kasi ng kiss, Winter kissed her again. And again. Kung hindi lang si Winter ang nasa harapan ni Karina, iisipin niya na nainis na sakanya ang babae dahil sa pagputol na ginawa 
niya sa tuwing magsasalita siya. But it's Winter. Hindi naman ganoon si Winter, hindi ba? And if Winter really did feel annoyed, she is sorry. She's just too nervous. And too scared of rejection. At least, she did it.

"Miss Jang, where's Winter?" Tanong ni Karina kay Wonyoung. The Team Captain looked at her and smiled politely. 

"She's in Court D, Nurse Yu," sabi niya at itinuro ang court na nasa kanan niya.

"Well, thank you, Miss Jang." Sabi ni Karina at ngumiti. 

Naglakad si Karina papunta sa direksyon na itinuro ni Wonyoung. 

"No, no, no! Yujin you should think of your next moves carefully. Hit a lob, maybe a smash, surprise the competitor!" Rinig ni Karina na sigaw ni Winter. Looks like she's found the love of her life. She entered the court and sat beside Winter. 

"Hey wifey," she greeted. Winter looked at her and smiled. Bakit pa ba nila kailangan ng araw kung ngiti pa lang ni Winter, sobrang liwanag na?

"Hi, baby. What brings you here?" Tanong ni Winter at tumingin kay Karina. She noticed the bouquet the taller girl is holding. 

"I told you, I'll court you every day. So, here. I hope you like it, Win," nakangiting sabi ni Karina. Winter mirrored the same expression. Well, it's still too early to say that Karina would keep the promise. But a girl can only dream, right? 

"Thank you, Rina. I like the flowers. But I like you more." 

Now that the feelings are already out, Winter changed. She has become more confident. More flirty. More open about her feelings for the slightly older girl. And who is Karina to complain? Sobrang kinikilig pa nga siya  tuwing ganito sakanya si Winter. 

"Pero mahal kita. So, I won, right?" Pang-aasar ni Karina. Winter raised a brow. Ang competitive talaga. 

"Pero mahal din kita. So, I guess we both won." Karina smiled. 

"Nasaan na kiss ko?" She asked and pouted. Winter rolled her eyes before leaning to peck the taller girl's lips. 

"Ganon ba, Coach?! Nakita mo ba yun?!" Bigla silang naghiwalay at tumingin sa court. Nakatingin sakanila si Yujin habang nakangiti. Winter cleared and blushed. Nakalimutan niyang nasa school pa rin sila ni Karina. 

"Hindi nakita ni Coach for sure. Busy sila ni Nurse Yu magharutan e." Eunchae said and smirked. 

"Just play, kids! I'm watching you two." Sabi na lang ni Winter at lumayo nang kaunti kay Karina. 

"I miss watching you play, Win. May balak ka bang bumalik sa pro scene?" Tanong bigla ni Karina. Nanonood na rin siya sa practice match nila Yujin at Eunchae. Winter shrugged. 

"At the moment, wala. I'm planning to take over the family business. In that way, I can take care of your and Darcy's needs." Sabi ni Winter at ngumiti. Napakunot naman ang noo ni Karina. 

"You're willing to give up your dream and passion for us?" Nagtatakang tanong ni Karina. She never thought that Winter would do something so selfless. She knew how much Winter loves the family, but to give up everything? Karina earns enough money for them. Sure, galing siya sa mayaman na pamilya, but that's her parents' money. 

"Tennis is not my dream, Karina. And if it is, you know, my dream, then I have accomplished enough." Winter said and smiled. Karina looked at her, her head tilted to the right. 

"What's your dream, Winter?" She asked curiously. Winter looked at her too. Her eyes are happier than ever. Her whole aura is happier. Is it because of Karina? 

"To finally feel normal again. And I got to feel it with you and Darcy. So, no, Karina. I am not giving up on my dream. I am chasing it."

 

 

 

 

[sorry ngayon lng mga beh, di ako ghoster, nagka-writer's block malala lng tlg]