Pang-anim na Sandali

Paboritong Sandali
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nakakainis! I should really block her by now, she’s bugging me, my mind! While I was driving my way to school, I can’t focus on the road that much because I keep thinking about that picture, that damn picture.

 

Wala akong mahampas sa tabi ko dahil nasa ibang klase ako at hindi ko pa blockmate si Aeri. Good thing I was seated at the back, I just hope I won’t be called by our professor who’s speaking in front of us about our final requirements on this elective subject I chose.

 

I love art, guys. I really do.

 

“…so I am expecting your work in my desk in the next two weeks— Ms. Kim Minjeong!” I came back to my senses when our prof called me, napatingin din sa’kin ang ibang blockmates ko.

 

“Can you recall everything I said?” he said with a demanding tone. I stood up slowly from my seat, feeling anxious because of their gazes.

 

“We are waiting, Ms. Kim.”

 

“We need to pass our plates on your desk in the next two weeks.” I said, he look like he’s not pleased with my answer. Lutang ako, Sir!

 

“What should be your project about?”

 

“Uh... Business, Sir?” I earned soft chuckles from my blockmates kaya natawa na din ako but our prof immediately shushed us.

 

“Sit down, Kim.” he said and I did. Umiling siya at napahawak sa sentido, tumingin ulit siya sa’min kaya napaayos ng upo ang iba,

 

“You all know why art is important in business right?” we all nodded, someone shouted a big yes ngunit hindi niya ito pinansin.

 

“You’ll gain more knowledge, insights, be more relaxed. You can impress your employers in the future.” he said and slapped his table with his palm, some flinched, some did not bother including me. “You all will be more creative, more innovative!”

 

“And of course, be more focused! Focused, class!” I looked down as he emphasized the word ‘focused’, I just feel like he’s looking at me. , this is so embarrassing.

 

“One week! Isang linggo na lang ibibigay ko.” everybody groaned and I still can’t look in front, narinig ko din ang mga reklamo nila.

 

“No more buts. Dismissed!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Oh my God! Tell me more about this embarrassing moment of yours!” Aeri said, still laughing and smacking my arm, annoying!

 

"My mind was not in class and I think he saw me and decided to embarrass me."

 

"You're the one who embarrassed yourself! Ano ba kasi yang iniisip mo? Or baka naman 'sino' pala?" she said and looked somewhere, Aeri really knows me well but I can't expose myself!

 

She waved her hand at may nakita akong lalaking papalapit sa aming direksyon. When the guy stood up in front of us, I looked at Aeri and gave her a questioning look. Who is this guy?

 

"Minjeong, this is Mark pala. Mark, this is Minjeong, my bestfriend." his hand reached mine so I grabbed it to not be rude kahit hindi ko pa ito gaano kilala, may itsura naman ito kahit papaano.

 

"Hello, blockmate ako ni Aeri sa isang class." I nodded and removed my hand on his, he just smiled and stared at my bestfriend

 

"Since we're all here, how about we get lunch sa SM? We all have cars, right?" Aeri suggested and I faced her with my eyebrows raised, you're literally riding with me.

 

"Yes but you guys okay with driving? Instead of walking..." he asked, his hands in his pocket.

 

He must be thinking about exercise.

 

"I don't want to leave my car here." I said with finality.

 

"Okay... I'm craving for Popeyes, open na ata sa SM Manila yun." he said and chuckled nervously, the two were looking at me for my response so I just gave them a nod.

 

"Kay Minjeong ako sasabay, do you have a car Mark?" she asked while looking at me, I know what she's thinking and I don't want him to sit in my car yet. No boys! Napailing ako kay Aeri at mukhang nakita ito ni Mark

 

"It's fine, I have a car and I don't want to walk, ang init kasi." he answered. That was definitely a lie.

 

"So let's see each other at Popeyes na lang?" he said and Aeri nodded, we all went to our parked cars.

 

"Ayaw mo talaga iwan at pasakayin dito sa Sedan mo 'no?" she chuckled while fixing her seatbelt, I started my engine. "He looks beaten nung umiling ka, the boy clearly has a thing for you!"

 

"Gi, you know I'm not interested and for your information, he's staring at you. Are you blind or what?" I said, my left hand on the steering wheel and the other at the gear stick. I my long hair back and looked at Aeri again.

 

"Was he?" she said and looked at the window, I saw at my peripheral vision that she's smiling. "So what was bugging your mind earlier?" she asked

 

"You remember that Rina?" I started, we're now on a red light. "She's Yu Jimin, but don't tell anyone-"

 

"Oh my God ka bakla! Ay sorry, tuloy babe!" she said and smiled, her hand in my arm. I rolled my eyes at her

 

"As I was saying, she's Yu Jimin and we've been talking..." I said while looking at her reaction, "She's initiating the conversation though." 

 

I focused on the road again as I saw the green light. Aside from my Dad, Aeri's opinion matters to me. If I'm comfortable with something she's involved, she should feel the same as well.

 

This time, I know Aeri think of Yu Jimin as a player, not literally, so I want to know what she thinks about me talking to the girl. I don't even know why I'm thinking this like me and Karina are a thing--

 

"I know what you're thinking, babe." she said and reached for my hand in the gear.

 

"Basta, she won't hurt you or I will release my inner demons." she chuckled and looked at her phone to take a selfie.

 

"But was he really staring kanina? Gosh!" she punched my arm and took a picture again. I smiled, still looking at front.

 

My soulmate.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey sorry, Aeri took long fixing herself." I said and put my phone at the table, unti lang ang tao sa loob ng Popeyes. I looked at Mark who stood up, "You should have ordered for yourself na."

 

"No, it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter