Panlabing-anim na Sandali

Paboritong Sandali
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Aren't we good friends, Min?

 

How stupid of me.

 

Bakit ko pa tinanong. Maybe I was assuming things.

 

Jimin, you will be the death of me.

 

"Hey... Please wake up."

 

I heard a muffled voice. All I see is dark and I hear footsteps, they the lightswitch. I scratched my eye and smelled a familiar strong scent. I opened my eyes again and saw a long haired woman.

 

I was dreaming?

 

"Anong oras na..?" 

 

"It is 5:30 PM, miss." she answered. Pumwesto siya sa tabi ko at inayos ang mga nakakakalat na gamit, pati na rin ang bag ko. "Nakatulog ka..."

 

Obviously.

 

"Yes, sorry. Is Aeri still here?"

 

"Hinihintay ka sa baba." I fixed myself and stood up after hearing that information, I thanked her and fetched my bag. "You'll still drive?"

 

"Oo? I'm okay, Ji."

 

"Sure ka?"

 

Ang kulit naman.

 

I went outside the room and she quickly followed me downstairs. Nakita ko sina Aeri, Yeji, at Ning. They were talking to a middle-aged woman, I believe this is Yeji's mother.

 

"Jimin! Who is this pretty lady?" I heard the Mom said, I saw them chuckle so it was kind of embarrasssing.

 

"Tita, si Winter po--"

 

"Please call me Min, ma'am." I cutted her off. Kitang-kita ko naman si Aeri na natawa at inuulit pa ang Winter.

 

"No need to call me that, dear. Anyway, kailangan niyo na atang umuwi? Baka traffic at gabi na."

 

"Yes po. Thank you for the invite, Yeji." I said and smiled at her.

 

"No worries! Sa susunod ulit."

 

We bid goodbyes. Ning said she will stay, mapilit daw kasi si Yeji at pagod raw siya. I thanked the family and went outside with Aeri.

 

"I can drive for you." I heard a whisper from my right ear. Kasama ko nga pala si Jimin bumaba.

 

"No, you cannot." I whispered back.

 

"Yes, I can.

 

"Hindi nga."

 

"Pagod ka."

 

"Ako din pagod, pagod na kayong makita!" Aeri butted in, we both looked at her seriously and she laughed. "Please babies, let's go home na."

 

"Oo, and I will drive." I rolled my eyes and was about to get my keys, I saw Jimin waving it like a magic wand in her hand. 

 

"Abogado ba talaga gusto mo? Or maging magnanakaw?" I tried to reach my keys but okay-- She's taller than me.

 

"Alam mo gusto ko?" She whispered.

 

"Ano?"

 

Don't even try to make a joke.

 

"I want you... home safely." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sa huli, ako ang nagwagi. Kidding, Aeri talked to Jimin and now, I'm curious on what they talked about. Baka ako pala pinag-uusapan diba? Lol.

 

I saw Jimin and she waved goodbye, I just nodded and went to my parked car outside. Aeri's calling someone, probably her parents since it is already late.

 

"Let's go?"

 

"Pasok na." I said and opened the door for her. I went to the driver's seat and before going in, I looked at the front gate and she's there again.

 

Hay.

 

"Babe, let's go." I saw her waved again. Baka hindi siya nakuntento kanina sa ginawa ko kaya kinawayan ko na lang din ito.

 

I heard Aeri's light chuckle so I went inside. 

 

"Why?"

 

"What's with the stare and wave?" I rolled my eyes and didn't answer. I inserted my keys and started the engine. "Ganda niya 'no?"

 

"Sino?" 

 

"Sus." Hindi ko na tinanong pa kung ano iyon at baka pagsisihan ko ang maisasagot ko. 

 

Good thing that I remember the way out of this village, and Yeji's house is near the exit too so that's a relief for me. I asked Aeri to connect her phone so she could play some music, ang tahimik kasi at baka makatulog nanaman ako.

 

"Ay, this song fits you." The song played and I can see Aeri mocking me and mouthing some of the lyrics.

 

So, honey, hold my hand, you like making me wait for it.

 

"I feel like you would die walking up to her room..." Inirapan ko siya dahil tinuro pa ako at ang lakas naman ng tawa niya. What's with the lyric change?

 

Late night, watching television

 

But how'd we get in this position?

 

"It's way too soon, I know this isn't love..." I sang along, remembering the lyrics. Old but gold.

 

"But you need to tell her something, Minjeong."

 

I really, really, really, really, really, really like you.

 

And I want you, do you want me, do you want me, too?

 

"Aeri." Masyado siyang gumagalaw at baka matamaan ako ng kamay niya. She was vibing too much to the song without forgetting to tease me. 

 

"Why? You like this song kaya!"

 

"No! Fake friend." Ako naman ang nang-asar at as usual, nagbangayan lang kami. Red light kasi at ang tagal umusad ng mga kotse sa harap.

 

"Okay next song, fake friend." She said, I just laughed and started driving again as the green light came.

 

"Aeri, sabi ko pampagising, puro love songs naman 'yan." 

 

"Exactly! Para magising ka raw sa katotohanan." She sarcastically replied.

 

Said all I want from you is to see you tomorrow,

 

And every tomorrow maybe you'll let me borrow your heart.

 

"And is it too much to ask for every Sunday-- oh Sunday daw, volleyball kayo--"

 

"Aeri, shut up!" She's lucky we're near her house. Grabeng pang-aasar ito, buti na lang kilala ko itong kasama ko.

 

She stopped for awhile and the red light came again. Pinatay niya na rin muna ang bluetooth at naging tahimik nanaman ang atmosphere. 

 

"Why are you so dense, oh my God-- ay baka yung isa pala ang manhid?"

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

"Sus, what am I talking about..." I can't seem to read what's on her mind, and ayoko namang pangunahan ito.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter