Sign Number One

Second Chance

 

“Yong Hwa-ya! The four of us are complete!” Min Hyuk couldn’t hide his happiness.

“Ya! You’re so disrespectful. I’m right here, Min Hyuk ya!” The teacher said firmly.

Yong Hwa just bowed his head. He noticed there wasn’t an empty seat beside Min Hyuk, Jong Hyun or Jung Shin. He immediately saw Shin Hye on the second row and a blank seat on her left side. He smiled then winked at her. He sat to the blank seat beside her. Min Ah looked at him then at her friend with surprise. She noticed something. She gave her a wide grin.

“Shin Hye-ya! I saw that! Sign number 1! He should be able to make you blush.” She whispered to her.

“Ya! I didn’t.” Shin Hye was trying to cover for herself. Too bad. Her best friend knew her so well.

She keeps on teasing her until Yong Hwa talked to Shin Hye.

“Bangapsumnida. We meet again, Shin Hye-ya!”

Min Ah couldn’t help but in.

“Mwo? You too knew each other?!”

“Ah, ne. I bumped into him after you told me something about life and death matters!”

She didn’t mind him talking to her in banmal because of Min Ah. Yong Hwa smiled to both of them.

“Annyeong! Jung Yong Hwa-imnida! Pleased to meet you, Miss-?”

“Annyeong! Shin Min Ah-imnida.”

***

The class went on smoothly. Yong Hwa was intently listening to the lesson. Shin Hye tried to do so but she can’t help but glance from time to time at Yong Hwa. Luckily, Min Ah wasn’t able to notice it because she was called to answer the math problem on the board which took her a couple of minutes. Finally, she answered the problem correctly. Trying to impress him, Shin Hye raised her hand on the next number. She was shocked when Yong Hwa raised his hand too. They were the only ones raising their hand. It was a very hard math problem.

“I want someone new. Go to the board and answer number 2 Yong Hwa.” Sonssaengnim chose Yong Hwa because he wanted to know his abilities. He already knew Shin Hye could answer it in a jiffy.

Everyone was amazed by him. He was able to answer it in just two minutes.

“It looks like you found your match!” Min Ah whispered to her.

“But I’m not insinuating a competition.” Shin Hye is trying to defend her side.

“Not that one. I meant someone matched for you! I know you too well Shin Hye-ya! You’ve been acting strange after seeing him.”

Shin Hye knew Min Ah will not let her off the hook so she decided to give up.

“Ara. He’s handsome. That’s all.” Shin Hye confessed then bit her lip.

“We’ll see.” Min Ah just smirked.