You Will Be Fine

Second Chance

 

Thanks to her dad, Shin Hye didn’t wake up late for school. She felt asleep almost 3am because she kept on thinking about Yong Hwa and their bet.

“Your eyes are quite puffy. Gwaenchanha Shin Hye?”

“I’m fine, Appa. I just slept late because I’m studying.”

“Don’t study too hard dear. You’re already good enough.”

Shin Hye hugged her dad tightly.

“Ara. That’s why you’re my first love Appa. I love you! You’re the best dad ever!”

“Aigoo! This child! I love you more. Now get your breakfast downstairs.” Her Appa said ruffling her hair.

“Yes Sir!”

She had her breakfast and get ready for school in a jiffy. Her father can’t ride her to school because he has to go to work early that day. When she opened the gate, she saw a silver Lexus parked in front of their house. It looked familiar to her. It was the car she rode last night. She was surprised to see someone leaning on their wall.

“Good morning Shin Hye-ya! Let’s go to school together?”

“How did you know I’m going alone?”

“You’re Appa asked me if I could take you with me. Of course I can’t say no.”

“Mianhae for the inconvenience . Gwaenchanha. I’ll just go there myself.”

“Shirro. Let’s go together! It would be my pleasure to do that. That’s what friends do. Gaja!”

“Ara. Let’s go!”

The two walked together happily inside the car. She somehow had forgotten all her worries after having some time with her friend.

“About the kiss last night…” Shin Hye was snapped by Dong Hae.

“It’s fine with me. No matter what happens today Shin Hye-ya, act normal. Don’t worry, I got your back.”

“Ara. Gomawo Dong Hae oppa.”

“We’re still early for school. How about eating ice cream first?”

“Sure. But, I’ll pay for it.”

“Shirro. I’m the guy so I’ll pay.”

“Andwae. Think of it as a token of appreciation… for last night.”

“If that will make you better, then fine.”

They went to the ice cream parlor. Little did she know, they’ll be meeting someone. When they entered the store, they were greeted warmly by the cashier.

“Annyeong! Welcome to Hoi Hoi Ice Cream Shop!”

She was shocked to see who it was.

“Nice place, bro! The ambience is really soothing just like your ice creams.”

“Of course! This is my dream shop with Min Ah! Annyeong Shin Hye! Long time no see!”

“Seung Gi-ssi! Since when did you come back? Does Min Ah know about this? Omo! She will be jumping for joy!”

“Aish! I told you to stop addressing me ssi. Do I look old to you? Call me oppa.”

“Ya! Oppa is already taken by me! You can’t have it Seung Gi-ya!” Dong Hae protested.

“Arasseo. Just address me Seung Gi-ah. Well, I’m planning to go with you to surprise Min Ah! Can you help me?”

The two nodded gleefully.

“Good dogs. Kekeke. Order what you want. It’s free.”

Dong Hae ordered Chocolate Truffles while Shin Hye had her favorite Double Dutch.

“Yehey! Gamsa! Massiseo!” The two said in chorus. It’s as if it’s their first time eating ice cream.

The three headed to the car afterwards. They enjoyed talking with each other. They reached the front of the school. Everyone was looking at the nice car. They knew it’s Dong Hae’s. They were surprised to see Shin Hye went out of the car happily with the two boys. Min Ah was there. She ran as fast as she could to hug her jagiya. They hugged each other tightly as if they aren’t going to be separated anymore.

“I missed you soooooo much!” Min Ah said with tears of joy.

“Same here. You’re still as cheerful as ever!” Seung Gi pinched her cheeks.

“Hey Shin Hye! I guess you are already talking to Dong Hae again!”

“Ne. Just like the old times. I missed the bonding of the four of us!”

“Of course we’re gonna have to talk to each other again since I’m COURTING her from now on… Anyway, time for class now! I’ll take her myself. We’ll go first.”

Min Ah and Seung Gi’s jaws dropped. Shin Hye’s eyes widened. Dong Hae held her hand. She was even more surprised. He just smiled. She didn’t object. They walked together. Everyone stared at them with shock.

“I thought she is with… Yong Hwa. Our fan club will be alarmed for sure.” you said.

“Well, they also look compatible. The campus heartthrob and the sweetheart of the campus are going out together! I guess the rumors before were really true.” One of you ’s classmate said.

Min Ah hesitantly bid goodbye to her jagiya.

“Gwaenchanha. I’ll pick you up later.” Seung Gi reassured her.

Min Ah walked to the room first. Everyone’s eyes widened when they saw Dong Hae with Shin Hye, holding her hands. At first she felt awkward but then she remembered what he said before they went inside the car. She acted coolly by the way he held his hand too. She even swayed them back and forth.

“What shall we do? Dong Hae sunbae is now courting Shin Hye-ya.” you said worriedly with Min Ah.

“The more the merrier! This is going to be fun!” Min Ah replied with a grin.

“See you later, Shin Hye-ya.” Dong Hae planted a soft kiss on the back of her hand. He whispered to her,

“You’ll be fine. Trust me.” He straightened himself up.  “Anyway, I’ll go now. I still have class too. Bye.”

“Walk safely oppa.”

“You’re a player Shin Hye-ya. I thought you and Yong Hwa will end up together.” Min Ah tried to . She just looked at her friend placidly. She suddenly felt the same feeling when he was staring at her at prom. She knew he would notice her closeness with Dong Hae.

Her instincts were true. Yong Hwa is just sitting there, quietly observing her. He was observing her every single move right at the very moment when she went out of Dong Hae’s car. Min Hyuk, Jung Shin and Jong Hyun are intently looking at him.

“He’s jealous.” Jung Shin smirked.

“I feel for him.” Jong Hyun said, understanding how his friend feels.

“It’s our turn to help him. He needs us.” Min Hyuk said as if he is a superhero.

 

Author's Note: Sorry for the late update. I just finished taking my finals exam in my Development Economics subject. I'm doomed. T.T Still have papers due tomorrow and exams for next week. I feel really sad for not updating here everyday because of school matters. T.T

I know this has really became sadder than ever. Of course, it's hard to cope with heartbreaks especially in Shin Hye's case here. Please keep reading this because sooner or later, something special will be revealed... :)

Btw, we have a chingu here who gave me such a wonderful gift. I will share it to you soon. Guess who it's from! :)