Friends Will Always Be Friends

Second Chance

 

The class just ended. The three rejected guys still felt sad and embarassed.

“What a very gloomy day. Aish! Math really .” Min Hyuk said.

“But being heartbroken more.” Jung Shin can’t get over the fact that they were all rejected.

“What is it that we do not have? Looks? Definitely not. Wits? Well, I think that one.”

Yong Hwa approached the three of them. He already perceived they look really down. He tried his best to cheer them up.

“You look so sad guys! Aren’t you happy to see me?”

Min Hyuk sadly turned to him.

“We are happy, really. It’s just that… we were rejected by Shin Hye-ya. We really like her so much. It just really hurts here.” He pointed his chest.

“I guess you already knew the academic goddess of our school. I saw the two of you greeted each other cheerfully earlier. You even sat beside her instead of sitting at the back.” Jong Hyun is really the observant type.

“I bumped into her before getting here. She’s really beautiful. No wonder why you fell for her charms. But… I seated beside her because I’m afraid I won’t be able to hear the lesson clearly at the back.”

“Why so defensive, Yong? Hyung just told you he saw you talking. Period.”

Jung Shin is younger than Jong Hyun but they are both in the same grade because Jong Hyun waited for his namdongssaeng to be on the right age to study. Jung Shin was the one who insisted to study together with his elder brother.

“I’m not. I just ah… Forget it.” Yong Hwa was defeated.

“I want to feel angry towards her because she turned me down but I can’t. I don’t wanna hurt her. I really like her so much. She’s like, the girl of my dreams.” Min Hyuk said with a sigh.

“I agree with you, Min Hyuk.” Jong Hyun also said with a sigh, but deeper than Min Hyuk.

“Cheer up, dude! It’s only a girl. There are lots of fish in the sea! I wish I can do anything to lessen the pain that you feel.”

Suddenly, an idea came on Jung Shin’s head.

***

Min Ah walked together linking arms with Shin Hye while they went home.

“Shin Hye-ya! I think he likes you too.”

Min Ah is trying to deceive her friend.

“Ya! I didn’t say I like him, I just said he’s handsome.”

“Don’t lie to me, Shin Hye-ya! I’m your best friend, remember? You can trust me on this one. I won’t let anyone know. Promise.”

She swore with her left hand. Shin Hye just laughed at her. She’s partly right. They are the best of friends that’s why she also knew her too well.

“Really? Then tell me about the math homework due today you borrowed to me, then shared it with our other classmates.”

Min Ah wasn’t able to speak for a while. She apologized.

“Mianhae, Shin Hye. I just did that because we are the only ones who knew how to solve the homework…”

Shin Hye raised her eyebrows. Her look was instigating something.

“Ara. It’s only YOU. I just felt that I need to share my influence.”

She just gave her a weak smile.

“So you just used me?! How could you?”

Shin Hye is just faking it. Min Ah looked really pale.

“It’s not like that Shin Hye. I really treat you as my friend, my twin sister, and even my mother at times. Mianhae, Shin Hye-ya. Jeongmal Mianhae.”

She kept silent with a disappointed look. Then blurt out a laugh.

“You could’ve looked at yourself in the mirror! It’s as if you committed a heavy crime. Hahahaha. Gwaenchanha. I’m just kidding. I’m not angry at all.”

Finally, Min Ah was able to breath normally.

“Aish Shin Hye! You got me there. Phew! I thought you’re really mad. Gomawo!”

She hugged her friend tightly. Shin Hye patted her back. Min Ah broke the hug.

“Fine. I get it. I’ll let you off… for now.”

Then she ran fast to the gate of their house which was only a few steps away. Before entering, she stuck her tongue out to Shin Hye.