All's Well that Ends Well

Second Chance

 

“Aish! Why’d you have to go Dong Hae-ya?” Min Ah said in a slightly scolding tone.

“I just came back and now it’s your turn to leave. Tsk.” Seung Gi was really disappointed that he and Dong Hae didn’t have much time to catch up with each other.

“Eomma needs me to handle some things in the US. Don’t be worry. I’ll still keep in touch as often as I can.”

“Oppa! We’ll miss you.” Shin Hye handed Dong Hae the sweater she personally knitted.

He pulled her hand so that she will land in his chest.

“I’ll miss you more Shin Hye-ya.”

 He hugged her tight and kissed her forehead.

“Ya! You’re going overboard Dong Hae-ya! Isn’t your flight already there? Ppali ppali! You might miss it! Go now! Shoo!” Yong Hwa protested as he snatched her back on his side and made a ‘shoo’ hand signal.

They all laughed.

“If I know that you will make her cry again, I’ll…”

“That won’t happen again. There’s no way I’m gonna waste this second chance that she has given me.”

Before Dong Hae could continue, he already answered back. Yong Hwa put his arm on Shin Hye’s shoulder. Dong Hae just smirked. She elbowed her jagiya on the chest and gave him a ‘wanna die’ look. She shifted her attention back to Dong Hae and smiled.

“Have a safe trip oppa.”

They had a group hug. Dong Hae got his things and prepared for his flight. As he was walking to the departure area, they were all waving at him before he handed out his passport to be checked.

“Shin Hye, Yong Hwa, we’ll go first. We still have a movie to catch. If you want, you can come with us. It can be a double date.” Min Ah said.

“Gwaenchanha.” The two said in chorus. Seung Gi and Min Ah laughed at their cuteness.

“Don’t mind us. It’s your date and we don’t want to ruin it.” Yong Hwa smiled.

“Ok. Then, we’ll leave now. Take care.” Min Ah winked at them and hurriedly walked with her jagiya.

“So… what are we gonna do now?” Shin Hye asked Yong Hwa timidly.

“Just come with me. Don’t worry. I’ll take you home before the sun goes down.” He reassured her.

Yong Hwa grabbed her hand and smirked at her. Shin Hye followed his steps…awkwardly. She’s not yet used to his sweet gestures in public because he was her first boyfriend. She has never done it with anyone before except for her parents while they were strolling at the park or in malls.

“Waeyo?”

“Don’t you think we’re too sweet in front of many people?”

“Andwae. It’s normal for lovers. You should get used to this, my jagiya.” He pinched her cheelk. She just smiled back and they continued walking.

***

They sat down on one of the benches. They wanted their feet to take a rest after a long walk.

“I’m gonna miss him.” She let out a sigh when she remembered Dong Hae’s departure. Yong Hwa knew she was talking about him.

“You’re with your boyfriend and you’re thinking of another guy?” Yong Hwa frowned and crossed his arms.

“Mianhae Yong…”

“Andwae Shin Hye-ya! You’re intentionally making me jealous! You even made a coat for him! Shin Hye-ya, accept your punishment.” He snatched a kiss on her cheek.

“Ya! Give it back!”

She held his face. Instead of kissing him back in his cheek, she kissed him on his lips. He was shocked when she did that but then he easily regained himself and reciprocated her kiss sweetly. He put his hands on her waist so he can feel her more.

After the kiss, they both giggled.

“You’re naughtier Shin Hye-ya! Oops! Mianhae.” He made an apologetic look.

“For what?”

“For accusing you of being naughty… I guess you should punish me, right?”

He closed his eyes and leaned closer expecting for another kiss. She gave a slight pinch on his lips.

“Ya! Stop fooling around. I’ll let you through this time. Kekeke.”

She held his hand and they continued strolling around.

She again remembered something. She got out a piece of paper folded into half.

“What’s that?”

“Well, I really don’t have any plans of giving this to you but… since you felt really jealous on Dong Hae’s sweater while you haven’t received a present from me… then I thought that this can make up for that. Here. I hope you liked it.” Shin Hye handed him the paper.

 

Still in Love

I led a pretty easy and simple life,

I’m quite content although once in a while I do sigh,

There are too many distractions around.

And most of all, lots of silly boys asking me out all year round.

 

I have never said yes to any!

I am just trying to keep my sanity.

Sometimes, I wish to show up in disguise.

In truth, no one has yet caught my eye.

 

Then one day I bumped into someone.

I was instantly captured and mesmerized.

He really had quite expressive eyes.

And my heartbeat changed its tune, I realized.

 

In no time we got closer and closer.

My crazy feelings I had to think and ponder.

It’s just so sudden and came with a blast.

I keep wondering if these feelings will ever last.

 

I didn’t know something was amiss.

I was blinded by new emotions and new feelings.

Yes, maybe what I did was just dismiss.

The nagging awful intuition I was having.

 

Unintentionally, I heard of the truth.

I was so numb and speechless that I couldn’t move.

I didn’t realize my tears started falling.

I thought I felt my heart slowly breaking.

 

Our next encounter was not so easy for me.

I couldn’t look in your eyes but I could still see

You haven’t changed much and when you kissed me

I couldn’t stop myself from wanting thee.

 

After only a few days, I already felt troubled and burdened

Everytime I see your distressed and gloomy face.

Somehow, I thought my resolve would harden.

But it seems that my heart has already chosen.

 

My heart tells me to go to you but my brain seems to refrain.

I am quite sure I still love you even you have caused me pain.

I have to give us a second chance and hope all is not in vain.          

For I cannot defy my heart’s desire; I hope you feel the same.

 

It was a poem she made the night she finally admitted to herself she still loves him and she’s ready to forgive him. Yong Hwa was really touched. He couldn’t help but hug him tightly.

“Saranghae, Shin Hye.”

“Saranghae, Yong.”

 

 

Author’s Note: Thank you to all those who subscribed, commented and read this fic! I hope you liked the ending!  :) Again, special thanks to bluein-chingu for the poem, Still in Love.  :)

Btw, I already posted my third yongshin fanfic, “Better Late than Never.” Here you go! 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/165246

Hope you will support it again! See you there chingus!  :)