A Shoulder to Cry On

Second Chance

 

Yong Hwa’s POV

I’m not really sure but I think I heard sobs after Shin Hye went away. Was it from her? I was walking on my way home when my phone suddenly rang.

“Yeoboseo?”

“It’s me. Min Hyuk.”

“Wae? Is there something wrong? You sound nervous. Are you in trouble?”

“WE are in trouble, hyung.”

“MWO? We? Wae?”

“Shin Hye already knew about the bet. She heard us talking about it earlier before she went to see you.”

I didn’t answer for a while. I just let out a sigh.

“I know. It’s just the four of us who knew about it. We’ve talked about it already.”

“What did she say? Is she mad at us?”

“Surprisingly, she isn’t. She just told me not to do it again.”

“MWO? She is not angry? Phew! But… How could that be?”

“I don’t know. But I feel something not good is gonna happen.”

“Oh c’mon hyung! She already told you she’s not mad so rest assured. Anyway, I have to go. See you tomorrow.”

“Bye.”

End of POV

 

Shin Hye’s POV

I lied. Harabeoji is doing fine. He even does exercise every morning. Besides, he is staying in Seoul with Aunt Mi Ja. Just as when I was sure enough I was far from where we met, I ran as fast as I could. I wanted to run… forever. When my legs became tired, I saw myself sitting on the bleachers of our football stadium. I’ve never stayed there before. There was no one in the place but me. I poured my heart out.

“How could you do this to me, Yong Hwa? You could've gotten me there. I was really this close to tell you that I've fallen for you. Good thing I didn't tell you. I would be the laughing stock of your friends if that happened! I feel so alone right now. It’s only me who can comfort myself.”

I kept on crying and crying. I couldn’t stop myself. Suddenly, I heard footsteps coming towards my direction. At first I was kind of scared that it might be Yong but I can tell that he is not that guy. I didn’t care if he went to check me out because I was too busy crying. He hugged me and let me cry on his shoulder. I did.

“I’m here Shin Hye-ya. Don’t cry anymore.” He rubbed my back gently.

My sobbing suddenly calmed down finally when I turned to look at him. My eyes couldn’t believe what they just saw.

“Oppa?... How long have you been here?”

End of POV

 

Dong Hae’s POV

I always stay in the stadium after class. I don’t know why. I just felt relaxed sitting there. It has always been my ritual. There are times that I went home late because you can see the stars clearer here. This is my comfort zone. Everytime I wanna be alone, all I have to do is just come here and sit. But tonight, I guess I’m not. I heard a familiar voice, shouting her heart out. I can tell she hurt her heart so bad. Without having second thoughts, I went to her and offered my shoulder. It was Shin Hye.

“I uhmm… I just came here.” Nah. I’m such a bad liar. She just looked at me and then hugged me back.

“Good thing you’re here. I feel so lonely.”

“Don’t worry. I’ll accompany you for tonight.”

Finally, she stopped crying. Her eyes are puffy red. But, she’s still cute.

“I know you heard me Oppa… Can you keep this as our secret?”

“Even to Min Ah? But… She’s your best friend…”

“That is why I don’t want her to know. She will just create a bigger fuss about it and I’m too tired to have any more complications. I’ve had enough.” She tries not to cry again. She only managed to have silent tears falling from her face. I wiped it with my fingers.

“Ara. You’re right. Knowing Min Ah, she will not let anyone get their way out of this easily. But to me… as your friend… I also feel sad for you.”

I tapped her shoulder, trying my best way to comfort her. Suddenly, something unexpected happened.

We KISSED. I didn’t know how it happened. After we broke it, we just sat there silently.

We stayed there for two more hours. Since it’s been a while when we last talked, we have shared about lots of things. It was a good thing. Somehow, I know I lessened the pain a bit. But I know she’s still hurting, she was hurt so bad.

“Gomawo Dong Hae oppa, for staying with me. You’ve been a great friend to me despite the issues between us before.”

“It’s nothing. Let’s go now. It’s getting dark. I’ll take you home. I already called my driver to pick us up.”

“Ara. Gomawo.” She said timidly.

End of POV

 

The next day, Yong Hwa woke up early for school. While he was on his way, he still kept on thinking of Shin Hye.

“I really hope she’s ok. Though I really have a strong feeling that she’s not.” He said to himself.

He walked passed a guy wearing a shirt printed with,

“If a girl tells you she’s ok, it means she’s definitely not. STUPID.”

“Yeah right. I’m stupid. I’m really stupid. Yong Hwa babo!” He kept on cursing himself.