Battle of Hearts and Brains

Second Chance

 

Author's Note: I updated because I'm afraid I'm actually losing the interest of my readers. Maybe the story is quite sloooow. Sorry for that. I'm actually experiencing a writer's block right every now and then. Jeongmal mianhae. 

Btw, about Shin Hye and Dong Hae's kiss, I insert that because usually, Shin Hye's leading men in YAB and HS have kissed other girls before her. Hwang Tae Kyung to Yoo He Yi then Lee Shin to Prof. Yoon Soo. I want Shin Hye for her to have her sweet revenge, at least in my fanfic.

Hope you are still reading this! Mianhae for not updating always. :(

 

Shin Hye’s POV

I sat down on my usual seat… next to him. I’m really trying my best not to act awkward and it seems that I’m successful. I greeted him with a cheerful voice.

“Annyeong Yong Hwa-ya.” I smiled at him. Just as his mouth was about to utter something, I looked away and put out my book pretending to earnestly reading something.

I admit. It still hurts. It didn’t lessen a bit. We love therefore we are ready to get hurt. Why does it always have to be the case? Besides, I don’t think I have already fallen in love with him… or Have I? Almost, maybe. There’s only one thing certain. I’m hurting inside. And it goes deeper everytime I think of him and my memories with him… the moment we bumped onto each other, to the day he carried me to the clinic, the prom… and the bet. It all comes down to tears at the end of the day.

I just forget the pain whenever I’m with Dong Hae-oppa. I don’t know if he’s serious when he said he is courting me. I don’t want to use him to forget Yong Hwa. But it seems that he’s the only one I can turn to, right now. I don’t want to hurt his feelings. I’ve already been hurt that’s why I know how it feels. It’s just too… unbearable. But I trust him. I have to.

Pain and confusion is all I can feel right now, as if my heart and my mind is getting tired.

End of POV

 

Yong Hwa’s POV

I knew it. I definitely hurt her. ‘Challenge Accepted’. Yeah, right. The worst decision I made in my entire life. EVER. It was perfect until I messed up. And now, I’m doomed. How am I supposed to win her back? Plus the fact that her long time crush is now courting her. My chances are getting slimmer as days, hours, minutes, and even seconds passed by. Even worse, I might not really have a chance anymore after all. If only I could turn back time… but I know I couldn’t.

Fate has really taken its toll on me. Just as when I successfully get to avenge my friends, to break a girl’s heart, the girl that I have come to like and maybe… love, I felt that it’s actually the other way around. She seems to be fine. She looks fine, at least physically. Seeing her hanging around with Dong Hae-ssi, it’s as if my heart is breaking into pieces, and I wish she was the one who will help me pick it up. She’s the only who can. I know.

I just sat there on my seat and started seeing myself getting a piece of paper, writing something, about a girl who had been hurting inside.

End of POV

 

Time for their Math class. Yoon-sonsaengnim gave them a very hard math question to make their brains bleed as usual. Again, Yong Hwa and Shin Hye were the only ones who raised their hands. Shin Hye looked at him indifferently for a second then looked away. Yong Hwa was about to put his hand down when the teacher called the both of them to write their answers on the board. After writing their final answers, the two had arrived with different numbers.

“You got it right, Shin Hye. Explain your answer to the board.” Yoon-sonsaengnim said.

Instead of explaining her answer, she started to pointing out mistakes in Yong Hwa’s work.

“Actually Yong Hwa could’ve gotten the same answer with me if only he didn’t forget to take the square root here. And he also add this one to this which in fact, should be subtracted. Anyway, I think it’s just a careless move.”

The class and the teacher kept on nodding. Shin Hye acted coolly and looked at him with a poker face.

“She’s right Yong Hwa. But still, thanks for trying.” Yoon-sonsaengnim smiled at him.

Yong Hwa had his head bowed down while walking to his seat. Shin Hye followed and tapped his back.

“Don’t worry. You can do better next time.” She said coolly.

Even though, he still managed to smile at her sheepishly.

 

Yong Hwa’s POV

It’s really embarrassing. She’s right. I was so careless. I was careless in everything—especially when I agreed to that stupid bet. By the way she treated me, I know everything has changed between us. Starting today, everything will be different, for the worse.

Whether she intentionally tried to embarrass me earlier or not, I understand. Even if she’s going to humiliate me from head to foot right in front of the class, I understand. It’s my fault. It’s me who broke her heart. I deserve it. If that would make her feeling better, I will wholeheartedly accept it. I even hoped she just did that instead of showing me she’s fine. Even if she doesn’t tell me, I can tell she’s been badly hurt by me… which hurts me more because I know my presence is making it harder for her to be at ease. I’m getting more worried… for her.

End of POV