Episode 12

Love Trigger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaewon Sammiel Klier’s pov.

 

Days had passed since Karina’s appointed as the student council’s president. Since that day my mom never stops bothering me. I know that appointing her doesn’t make sense at all but… I just need it for a while. I also need her to be close as possible to make sure she’s safe. I don’t know what to do if something bad happens to her. I need to make sure that nothing will happen to the people around me. I want them as close to me as possible I can.

 

I need to prepare for the worst. Any day from now my grandfather will announce his heir, and I know for sure that things will get messy when that day comes. As much as I don’t want to be involved in this family, especially in his wealth, I don’t have a choice. I need the power to protect those people that I treasure the most, I need it in order to do things what I need to do.

 

I took a deep breath as I closed my eyes. I need something cold. Feels like my head will burst anytime sa kakaisip. Stand up from the couch and stretch my body. I don’t have classes today and I’ve decided to just stay at home.

 

When I got in front of the refrigerator to get something, my reflection caught my attention. Out of a sudden, my lips formed a smile when I recognize that I’m wearing the white t-shirt with a bear print. ‘I supposed to wear it when she’ll be able to see me.’

 

I unconsciously took my phone and looked for her name in the contacts. A few scrolls down and the smile on my face faded away as I realized that I didn’t have her number. ‘What the hell I’m thinking right now?’ I immediately hid my phone away and took some soda from the fridge. Why bother if she doesn’t see me wearing it? I don’t really care about those things. But… why it’s bothering me??

 

I shook my head and took a sip from the can of soda. I should not think of it right now, there’s too much on my plate at the moment. I should not be distracted by the things that’s not important. ‘Is it not important?’ Bakit ba nag dududa pa ‘ko??

 

Ewan ko, nababaliw na siguro ako. I should arrange Karina’s to do, pero hindi ako makapag simula. Something’s itching me to do other things. I don’t know what it is but it’s draining me more than anything. Bakit ba hindi ako mapakali?

 

I stand up again to get my laptop in my room. As I remember I put it on top og my bedside table, I walk beside it and then there's the itching feeling again when I saw my reflection in the mini mirror inside my room. I look down slowly just to see again the bear printed on this shirt. Damn, what’s wrong with me? I immediately took it off and wore a new one. Hoping that the indescribable feelings will vanish.

 

I sigh before taking the papers on my study table. I really need to arrange Karina’s schedule or the both of us will be in trouble.

 

I scanned the papers in front of me and started typing on my laptop the details. After for I don’t know minutes had passed, I finished the document. I stretch my back and take a sip from the soda can.

 

I’m wishing that things will not go wrong. Sana umayon lahat sa plano ko. I might not admit it pero kinakabahan din ako. Once my grandfather announces it, I will be exposed and I’m sure that the people around me too. Kaya naman, as much as I can lessen the people that I’m interacting with, gagawin ko. H’wag lang mas marami pang madamay sa gulo na ‘to.

 

I parked my car after a minute of driving. Thank God traffic’s not that heavy. I took the document that I printed before going to school. I was going to send it to Karina last night but there are things that I need to discuss with her, so I printed it out.

 

I got outside of my car and locked it. I walk to the elevator since I’m in the parking area. When I’m getting closer, I saw a familiar figure waiting beside the elevator door. My body is fast to react, and my feet carry me to a different direction when she looks to the spot where I am.

 

‘What the hell am I doing? Bakit ba ‘ko umiiwas??’ I asked myself while hiding behind someone’s car. I look to where she is and it looks like she’s waiting for someone? ‘Right. Bakit ba ako nag tatago eh ‘di ko nga alam kung ako ba pakay niya?’ What’s wrong with my body. It keeps on reacting in a weird way.

 

I cleared my throat, fixed my shirt, and composed myself. I walked directly to the elevator not minding her. Hindi na rin ako tumingin, baka may inaabangan siyang iba tapos umaarte ako rito.

 

When I’m near the elevator I saw her turn to where I am. I pretended that I didn’t notice her and just continued walking not until she raised her hand looking at me. I look down to avoid her and…

 

“Chaewon?!” Minju shouts while waving her hand at me, smiling fully.

 

‘Eto na nga ba sinasabi ko. Hindi naman sa nag assumes ako but I kinda feel it that she’s waiting for me. It’s because Hyewon told me that they got bump into each other, and she asked for me. It’s not that I don’t want her company, I’m just being cautious. Like I said I’m limiting myself to interacting with others. I don’t want her to get involved in me.

 

“Chaewon!” She called again, still waving her hand.

 

I slowly look up to see her properly. Seeing her bright smile somehow makes me feel happy for I don’t know reason. Her left hand’s waving at me while her other hand is holding something, I think it’s a drink.

 

I reciprocate the smile and sigh before going to where she is. I don’t really know why I’m entertaining her, it’s not common for me to entertain someone I barely know but her presence calms me in some way. Honestly speaking, I don’t know a single thing about her other than she has an ex-boyfriend.

 

“Hi.” I timidly said.

 

“Long time no see, super busy ka raw sabi ni Hyewon”

 

I’m amazed how she talks to me so casually like we know each other for a long time. We only saw each other like three times??

 

“Y…yes. Are you really waiting for me?”

 

Minju shook her head as her answer, her smile still there and I’m slowly drowning in.

 

“I asked, Hyewon. Kung kelan ka maaga papasok para maabangan k-“
 

“Why?” I interrupted her.

 

She pursed her lips together and looked down. Do I sound so aggressive?

 

“Oh… sorry if it’s sounded too aggressive, I don’t really mind, I’m just casually asking why…”
 

“It’s not. Sorry if I acted that we’re close to each other. Gusto ko lang bigyan ka ng something, feeling ko kasi ‘di enough yung pambawi ko sayo.”
 

“It’s more than enough.”
 

“Right. I’m sorry to bother you.” She said and looked down.

 

I feel like I did something wrong, and I can’t be forgiven. Her… her smile disappear!!!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter