A Long Journey

Freeze The Moment (English Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What's wrong Ting, why have you been looking outside?" Mashiro asked

"I don't know, I feel like someone is watching me."

"Are you sure?" Mashiro asked again. Xiaoting nodded.

Mashiro then looked at the window, but she didn't see anyone.

"I didn't see anything." she said.

"Never mind, maybe I saw it wrong.".

"Ting, how was your study?"

"Every day there are more and more tasks, it seems I have to reduce my shooting schedule. Hmm even if that means I'll lose the chance to earn more money.” Xiaoting replied.

"It's okay, I think Yujin Eonnie would be happier if you focused more on your studies."

Xiaoting then sighed when she heard her Eonnie’s name being mentioned.

"What is it?" Mashiro asked seeing her friend's reaction.

"Shiro, I'm in big trouble."

"Huh, what do you mean?"

Xiaoting then shook her head, unsure whether she should tell the truth to her best friend.

"What is it?" Mashiro asked again.

"I asked for a break from my relationship with Seungcheol Oppa."

“Huh, are you two fighting? What is the problem?" Mashiro asked.

"That's the thing, we're not having any issues and we're not fighting."

"Then what's the problem?" Mashiro was even more confused by her friend's answer.

"Shiro, I love someone else."

"What? How could that be? You are in a relationship with Seungcheol Oppa but you love someone else? did Seungcheol Oppa not take enough time for you that you turned away from him? Is that person your college friend?” Now Mashiro was bombarding her with questions.

"Shiro, from the start I never turned away from him, how could it be if it turned out that my heart already belonged to someone else even before Seungcheol Oppa came into my life."

"Xiaoting don't tell me..." Mashiro did not continue her words.

Xiaoting sighed again.

"Yujin Eonnie?" Mashiro asked.

Xiaoting nodded weakly.

“Oh My God, I shouldn't be surprised anymore, but I was still. Xiaoting seriously? Then why did you accept Seungcheol Oppa at that time?”

"Because I haven't realized my feelings, and at that time I was carried away by all the good deeds done by him." Xiaoting then covered her face with her palms. "What should I do now, Shiro?" she asked in a desperate tone.

"Honest. You have to be honest, Ting. To yourself, to Seungcheol Oppa, and most importantly to Yujin Eonnie, she deserves to know."

"Isn't it too late? Eonnie is already with someone else."

"Xiaoting, we never know, aren't you curious about eonnie's feelings for you?"

Xiaoting then looked into her best friend's eyes.

"Shiro, is there a chance that Eonnie has the same feelings as me?"

"Like I said, Ting, we'll never know if we don't ask. You've known your Yujin Eonnie for a long time, you must know how your Eonnie is really good at keeping her feelings for herself."

Xiaoting nodded at her friend's words.

"But what if it turns out that Eonnie doesn't have the same feelings, won't our relationship be awkward? I don't want Shiro, I don't want to lose Yujin Eonnie. Let it be like this, I will do anything as long as I don't lose her, even if it means I have to love her silently.”

Now it was Mashiro's turn to take a deep breath.

"Don't be stubborn, you're both adults, if one doesn't have the same feelings you just have to talk about it nicely, it might be awkward at first but it's better than you guessing and torturing yourself.” Mashiro said , she then drank out her drink.

"Thinking of your relationship makes me thirsty."

Xiaoting thought about what Mashiro said, is she ready to be honest with Yujin? Then what about Seungcheol? How about Seungyeon?

"Shiro, today I'm staying at your house."

"What? Xiaoting I told you to talk to Yujin Eonnie instead of avoiding her." Mashiro said while shaking her head.

"It's not like that Shiro, I'm just not ready, I need a day to think, pleaseee..." Xiaoting said pleadingly.

"Okay, but only one night, after that you have to talk to Eonnie."

Xiaoting nodded,

"Thank you Shiro."

"You're welcome, by the way, why hasn't our food arrived yet huh? I'm hungry.."

“Patience, the Café is full, maybe they are a little overwhelmed…”

Xiaoting then looked out the window again, she again saw a man who she thought had been watching her. 'who is he? why does his face look familiar?' she thought.

 

***

" Jinnie, can we meet ?"

" Are you still angry ?"

" Don't be angry, pleaseee .."

" I've scolded my friends .."

" Jinnie ..."

" Where are you ?"

" Please reply to my message ?"

" Why didn’t you pick up my call?"

“ Hon, pleaseee …”

Yujin has not replied to all messages sent by Seungyeon. If she count maybe hundreds of messages have been sent by her girlfriend since last night, it was guilt that made her like that.

Finally feeling bad with her girlfriend, she then decided to reply to her message.

" Seungyeon, I'm not angry "

" I'm sorry, I need some time alone, just a moment."

“ Don't worry ”

She typed her reply quickly.

Yujin is now in the car at one of the rest stops in the Geumsan area, don't know what was on her mind when she suddenly rented a car for 3 days. Her desire to run away from people seemed to be too great that subconsciously that desire brought her here, Yujin had no destination, she just wanted to run for a while.

Her cellphone beeped again, still a message from Seungyeon.

" Okay then, I'll give you some time "

" Don't eat late ."

" I love you ."

Reading Seungyeon's last message made her heart ache. Seungyeon is a very good girl, Seungyeon is the second most important person in her life right now. Every day Seungyeon always made sure to say those three words to her not demanding her to reply. 'What do you see in me?' she thought. If Yujin could manage her own heart, she would set it to be able to repay Seungyeon's love, everything would be easier, everything would go according to its place. She didn't want to hurt Seungyeon but she couldn't love her.

Her cell phone beeped again. Message from Xiaoting.

" Eonnie, tonight I will stay at Mashiro's house ."

Xiaoting…

The first person who is most important to her in this world, the person who makes her unable to love others, the person who already has her heart before she even understands what it means to love. Her decision to go spontaneously like this could not be separated from what happened last night. For the first time she felt her lips touch the lips of the girl she loves, She didn't know what Xiaoting's motive was for secretly kissing her, was her best friend just curious? Yujin actually wanted to be angry with Xioting because she kissed her without her permission, but whatever the reason she was angry that Xiaoting had once again broken her defenses down. At that time, her feelings for her best friend grew stronger, her hard work all this time to hold back her desire to have Xiaoting seemed to disappear instantly, maybe if she couldn't hold herself that night she would return Xiaoting's kiss, for God's sake, that night Yujin with all her might resisted her desire to return the kiss of the girl she loved so much.

The was this morning, when she woke up from her sleep, not once or twice she and Xiaoting slept in the same bed, but somehow when she opened her eyes and saw the girl beside her who was still asleep there was a strange feeling that rose within her, she felt the desire to have Xiaoting completely, she felt the lust she had never felt. Realizing what she was feeling at that moment, Yujin hurriedly got up, afraid of what she might do. She then rushed to take a shower and left without waiting for the girl she loved to wake up.

Her hope is that with this 3 day trip she can reorganize her heart and mind.

Her focus returned to her cellphone, there was a new message from Xiaoting.

" Eonnie is it okay? Or do you want me to just go home ?”

She then typed her reply.

" It's okay, take care, give my regards to mashiro."

After sending the message, Yujin then put her cell phone in her bag. She then started the car engine, continued her journey.

 

***

"Xiaoting, instead of you staring at your phone, you better go home." Mashiro said.

"do you  want to kicked me out?" Xiaoting asked as she pursed her lips.

"Eonnie didn't reply to your message?"

"She replied, it's just..."

"Just what?"

“I don't know, something kinda off”

Mashiro just shook her head at Xiaoting's answer.

"Shall I just go home?" Xiaoting asked again.

“Ehh, I was just joking, it's already 11 o'clock at night. You better go to sleep, if you miss your Yujin Eonnie so much you better go to bed early so you can meet her early tomorrow morning."

"I'm not that desperate." Xiaoting replied, pursing her lips again.

"Really?" Shiro asked while raising her eyebrows.

"Hmm, I'll sleep first, I'll go to the room first, okay?" Xiaoting then left Shiro in the TV room.

"Tskckck.. you are that desperate, Ting.." Mashiro shouted at her best friend.

 

***

“Shiro… Shiro…”

"Hmm.."

"I'm going home..."

"hah?" Shiro who was still half-conscious then got up from her bed, her hands searching for the whereabouts of her cellphone on the table next to her bed. While rubbing her sleepy eyes she then looked at the clock on her cellphone screen.

"Xiaoting, it's still 5 in the morning." She said in a surprised tone especially after seeing her friend was already neatly preparing to leave.

"I know, but don't worry, I already ordered a taxi."

“Did something happen, why are you in such a hurry?”

"You're right Shiro, I'm that desperate, I suddenly really miss my Yujin Eonnie.."

“Oh…. Kay, but  can you wait a few more hours? At least until the sky is clearer?”

"Nope. That's it, I'm going Shiro. Byee.." she said before leaving Shiro's room

"Oh my god. it turns out that falling in love is very scary .” Mashiro said while shaking her head. "Ahh I don’t care, I want to sleep again."  

 

***

Xiaoting was confused when she found Yujin's door slightly ajar, because usually her Eonnie would close her bedroom door tightly when she slept. Xiaoting then rushed into Yujin's room, but the room was empty and the bed was still neatly arranged.

"Eonnie didn't come home last night?"

Xiaoting's mind is now going wild, thinking about all the possible existence of the girl she loves.

"Does Eonnie sleep at eonnie's Seungyeon's house?"

Thinking of that possibility made Xiaoting feel uncomfortable, thinking of her Eonnie and her girlfriend sleeping in the same bed. 'Of course they are lovers, isn't that natural?' Xiaoting thought who was now biting her lower lip.

She then walked over to the sofa. She was now sitting wiggling her legs, she was contemplating whether she should call Yujin or not.

"But what if the one who picks up the phone is Seungyeon eonnie? Am I ready?”

Xiaoting now closed her eyes still thinking. "Ahh I don't care, I have to make sure eonnie is okay."

She then took her cellphone, she then dialed Yujin's number.

The first call went unanswered, making Xiaoting even more worried. She tried again to make the call a second time.

“ Hello. ." Her Eonnie's hoarse voice came from the other side.

"Eonnie" Xiaoting replied.

" Xiaoting ? "Yujin's voice is clearer now

"Eonnie where are you? Why haven't you come home yet?”

" Aren't you staying at Mashiro's house ?"

"I'm home"

" Huh? Isn't it still early ?"

“Eonnie, you haven't answered my question, where are you? And why aren't you home yet?

“ Umm Xiaoting, I'm not in Seoul. ”

"What? Where are you? Is eonnie with  Seungyeon?" Xiaoting asked, she trying to prepare her heart to hear Yujin's answer.

" I'm alone ." Yujin replied.

Although her heart was relieved to hear that Yujin wasn't with her girlfriend, Xiaoting now felt anxious.

"Where are you, Eonnie?" Xiaoting repeated her question again.

" Right now I'm at an inn in Daegu ."

“Daegu? And you went alone?”

" Yes Xiaoting, I'm sorry I didn't update you, I have too many things on my mind ."

“Eonnie, please share your location.”

" For what ?"

"I will follow you."

" No need Xiaoting, I'm a big girl,. ”

"I don't care, I'll still follow you eonnie. Didn't you ask me yesterday to run away? Why did you run away by yourself?”

" Xiaoting, you know I wasn't serious yesterday ?"

"And now you're really gone eonnie..."

" It won't be long, the day after tomorrow I will return to Seoul ."

"Eonnie please, I'm worried if you're alone..." Now Xiaoting's tone is a little pleading

" Xiaoting ..."

"Please, I won't bother you, I'll make room for you if you need it, but at least I have to make sure you're okay Eonnie."

" I'm fine.. "

"Eonnie, please.."

Xiaoting could hear Yujin sigh from the other side.

" What are you going to come here with ?"

"I will take the bus, I will find the earliest schedule."

“ Alright, I'll send my location. ” Xiaoting smiled in relief at Yujin's answer.

"Thank you, Unnie."

“ Stubborn. " said Yujin.

"I Know you Love me.." And then silence.

Xiaoting didn't realize what she was saying, in th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter