What Kind of Love

Freeze The Moment (English Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thank you, Eonnie .." said the girl who had just received a gift from Xiaoting.

"After this, you promise to study harder, okay?" Xiaoting ordered the child.

"Okay, Eonnie." Said the child then gave Xiaoting her sweet smile, she then ran to her other friends.

"That's the last one, right?" Yujin already standing beside her. She then handed her a bottle of mineral water.

"Yes, That's the last one." Xiaoting replied, "Thank you, Eonnie." Xiaoting said when she received a drink from Yujin.

Xiaoting and Yujin took the initiative to give gifts to their little friends at the orphanage, they wanted to share some of the blessings they got from their new job.

"Where are we going  after this?" Xiaoting asked.

" Where do you want to go?"

“Hmm…” Xiaoting was thinking when suddenly her cell phone rang.

"Oppa?" She said when she saw the name that appeared on the screen of her cellphone.

“ Xiaoting! What are you doing ?" Seungcheol asked on the other side.

"I was at the orphanage with Eonnie .." Xiaoting replied.


" are you going to be there long?" Seungcheol asked.

"Actually, our business is done here." Xiaoting replied again.

" Then I want to take you to lunch, can you ?" Seungcheol asked again.

"Hmm, wait a minute Oppa.." Xiaoting then put away her cell phone. "Eonnie, Oppa invites us to have lunch together." Yujin just nodded at that. Xiaoting then started to bring her phone closer.

" Okay Oppa”. Xiaoting replied.

"Yesss! do you want me to pick you up?” Seungcheol asked again.

" No need Oppa, the location of the orphanage is quite far on the outskirts of Seoul, we can just meet at the location, how about it ?" Xiaoting asked.

"Okay, I'll send the location of the restaurant later. See You, Xiaoting." Seungcheol said before hanging up the phone.

Not long after,  Xiaoting's cell phone rang, Seungcheol had already sent the address of the restaurant.

"Come on Eonnie, Oppa has sent the location of the restaurant." Xiaoting said.

"Okay, umm Xiaoting, I'll take you to the subway station near the restaurant, okay? I just remembered I have an appointment with someone.” Yujin said.

"Why all of a sudden?" Xiaoting asked.

"Yeah, I totally forgot, I just remembered." Yujin replied.

"Eonnie, you promised to clear your schedule, since I started studying and working we rarely spend time together." Xiaoting said a little angry.

“I'm sorry, how about tomorrow?“ Yujin asked feeling a little guilty.

"Tomorrow I have a photo shoot, I told you this morning!" Hearing Xiaoting's tone, Yujin knew her best friend was angry with her.

"Don't be angry, OK, how about we go to the cinema tonight? It seems like we haven't watched a movie in a long time." Yujin asked hoping it would calm her best friend's anger.

"Promise me? Don't suddenly forget or suddenly have other plans." Xiaoting said.

"Okay, I promise." Yujin replied giving Xiaoting a faint smile.

 

***

Yujin lied, she didn't have an appointment with anyone that day. Yujin just couldn't bear to watch Xiaoting and Seungcheol together. Now she is at a convenience store near the restaurant where Xiaoting and Seungcheol had lunch, watching a music show on Youtube while eating her cup noodles.

" Jinnieee ..." suddenly a notification appeared on her cellphone screen. Message from Seungyeon.

"Jinnie?" She texted back her new friend.

“ Cute isn't it?  from now on I will call you Jinnie :) ”

"It's up to you, by the way what is it?" Ask Yujin

" nothing, I was just having fun ." Reply to Seungyeon

“ ???? “ Type Yujin.

" Hahaha.. where are you ?"

"Why ask?"

" Let's meet !"

"If I don't want to?"

" You have to! I want to show you something !”

"What?"

" We have to meet first then you will know "

" Okay.. "

" Want me to pick you up ?" Seungyeon asked.

"Yes, I will share my location." Yujin replied, she was tired enough to travel by bus or subway.

“ Okay! See you Jinnie !”

"See You."

 

***

"Wow," Yujin said in amazement.

"I know you'll like it." Seungyeon said.

“Since when did you collect all of this?” Yujin's eyes still couldn't let go of the artwork in the form of sculptures made of wood that resembled various objects. "This is crazy, this sculpture is so beautiful, where did you buy all this from?" Yujin asked again.

Seungyeon shook her head.

"My Appa made all of this."

“Oh wow! Your appa is amazing." Yujin said while giving her smile.

“Would you like to take a picture of me against the backdrop of these sculptures?” Seungyeon asked.

"Okay, but just this once, the next one isn't free." Yujin replied.

"Hahaha okay.." replied Seungyeon.

Yujin then started taking pictures of Seungyeon from various angles. As expected, Seungyeon is very flexible in posing in front of the camera, she is proving that she is one of the top celebrities in Korea.

After Yujin finished seeing the photos she took, she smiled with satisfaction after seeing the the result.

" I want to see." Said Seungyeon who was standing beside her.

Yujin then put the camera away.

"Nope, I'll show it when I'm done editing." Yujin said.

"Hmm, very stingy, but Ok, just watch out if the results are not good." Seungyeon said again.

"Let's see later." Yujin replied.

“Ummm, you must be tired. I'll bring you a drink." Seungyeon left the room. yujin is back enjoying the artwork made by seungyeon's father. Since childhood Yujin's interest is in art.

"Here, drink first." Said Seungyeon offering orange juice to Yujin, Yujin who had been thirsty for a long time immediately gulped down her drink.

"Thank you." she said.

"What for?" Seungyeon asked again.

“For the drinks and thanks for letting me see this. Please tell your Appa that he is amazing." Yujin said.

" I'll definitely tell him."

***

After lunch, Seungcheol took Xiaoting for a walk by the Han river.

“Xiaoting, for tomorrow's photo shoot, we will go hiking to Mount Bukhansan, our clients are not satisfied if we continue to use CGI,It’s okay right?" Seungcheol asked.

"It's okay, Oppa. I haven't hiked in a long time after all." Xiaoting replied.

"You enjoy hiking?" Seungcheol asked.

Xiaoting nodded. "I even joined the hiking club at school." Xiaoting replied.

"Wow, you're really cool, does Yujin like to go hiking with you too?" Seungcheol asked.

"Eonnie? I took her once and not even a quarter of the way she wanted to go home, I never asked her again after that.” Xiaoting replied as she shook her head.

"Hahaha.. I can imagine." Seungcheol's comment.

They were then silent, Xiaoting was busy watching the two girls who were playing catch up. Suddenly she remembered her childhood with Yujin, she remembered how her Yujin Eonnie always lost in every game they played, her Eonnie was a little clumsy, making Xiaoting always want to protect her even though she was younger than her. Suddenly her smile broke when she remembered all that she had been through with her Yujin Eonnie, ' Come to think of it we protect each other in different aspects .' Xiaoting thought.

"What are you thinking about? Why do you suddenly smile like that?." Seungcheol's question brought Xiaoting back to the present.

Xiaoting shook her head." I just remembered something.” Her answer is short.

"Xiaoting.." Seungcheol called.

"Yes Oppa?" Xiaoting replied.

Seungcheol then turned his body towards Xiaoting.

Xiaoting reflexively turned her body to face Seungcheol too.

"You're beautiful." Seungcheol said suddenly.

“Umm, I know and it seems like Oppa has said that too before.” Xiaoting replied a little confused.

Seungcheol smiled at Xiaoting's answer.

“I will never tire of saying that, because you really are beautiful. Inside and outside.” Seungcheol said in a soft tone.

Xiaoting who was still confused just nodded slowly.

“Xiaoting..” Seungcheol was silent for a while, suddenly he looked nervous.

"I know it's too soon, but I want to get to know you better, I like you, will you give me a chance for us to get to know each other better?" Seungcheol asked again.

Xiaoting didn't answer right away. Seungcheol is a good man, he is a hero to her and her Yujin Eonnie so their lives can be better now, but all this time she never thought that he actually liked her.

"Oppa.." Xiaoting called. "I don't know what to say. You're a nice guy, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to start a relationship.” She continued.

Seungcheol then nodded, he seemed to have predicted Xiaoting's answer. He then grabbed Xiaoting's hand.

"It's okay Xiaoting, it doesn't have to be now. But allow me to wait and try.” Seungcheol said.

"Opaa, what if I still can't." Xiaoting asked.

"It's okay ,the important thing is to you allow me to try." Seungcheol replied, his eyes looking at Xiaoting as if to give a message that he meant it.

Xiaoting just nodded, she didn't know what would happen in the future.

"Okay, but Oppa I don't promise anything." The answer.

Seungcheol nodded while giving Xiaoting a smile.

“It's fair enough.” Seungcheol said.

Xiaoting then looked off into the distance, wondering if her decision was right, could she one day give her heart to Seungcheol?

***

"Why are you silent?" Yujin asked her best friend. Now Yujin and Xiaoting were walking towards the Subway station after they finished watching the movie.

"Hmm?" Xiaoting asked as if she didn't hear Yujin's question.

Yujin just shook her head.

"Are you okay?" Yujin asked again.

"I'm fine." Xiaoting's answer was short.

"You're not fine." Yujin said. "You didn't even focus on watching the movie even though it was the movie you've been waiting for a long time." Yujin continued again.

Xiaoting then stopped her steps.

"Eonnie.." she said.

"Yes?" Yujin replied.

“Seungcheol Oppa said that he likes me.” Xiaoting decided to be honest with Yujin.

Yujin didn't know what to say, she knew Seungcheol liked Xiaoting, but she didn't expect that Seungcheol would confess his feelings so quickly.

"Eonnie."

"Hmm?"

“Why are you silent? Does Eonnie disagree? Just tell me if Eonnie doesn't agree, I'll ask Seungcheol to stop if you don't agree." Xiaoting said.

"What do You mean?" Yujin asked not understanding.

"I didn't answer Eonnie, but Seungcheol Oppa said that he would keep trying until I could accept him." Xiaoting replied. "Tell me Eonnie, if you don't agree, I'll call him and tell him to stop trying."

Yujin then shook her head.

"He is a good man Xiaoting, of all people, men and women who approach you I think he is the best. Let him keep trying." Yujin replied.

For some reason, Xiaoting's heart felt disappointed when she heard Yujin's answer. She then nodded weakly.

"Okay Eonnie, you know I always listen to you." She said in a weak tone.

"Xiaoting..."

"Hmm?"

"I love you."

"I know, I love you too, Eonnie."

***

The climb to Mount Bukhansan went well at first, but to Seungcheol and his team's surprise, it suddenly started raining in the middle of the trip.

"It seems we have to rest here, fortunately there is a small cave for us to take shelter." Seungcheol said to Xiaoting and his team. They all agreed.

"It's strange even though the weather forecast didn't mention that it would rain today." Seungcheol said to Xiaoting.

"Sometimes the weather forecast can be wrong, Oppa." Xiaoting replied.

"You're right." Seungcheol replied.

They also rested in cave for a while while waiting for the rain to stop. At that time Seungcheol took the opportunity to chat more with Xiaoting, quite successful because now Xiaoting knows Seungcheol better.

“Hyung, looks like the rain has stopped. Shall we continue our journey?” Ask one of the staff.

Seungcheol then looked outside. "You're right. Come on, let's keep going!" Seungcheol said excitedly.

Seungcheol, Xiaoting, and the staff then continued their journey, they had to be very careful because the track they were on was a little slippery because it had been raining.

It wasn't long before they walked, Xiaoting sensed that something was wrong, she seemed to hear something from the top of the mountain. Her gaze then turned towards the cliff above her. Her eyes then widened when she saw a fairly large rock that was moving ready to fall towards her. Xiaoting who was shocked seemed to be frozen on the spot preparing to accept her fate.

“Xiaoting Watch out!” Seungcheol's voice was the last sound she heard before she fell because someone pushed her aside

“Seungcheol!!!” she then heard the panicked voices of the staff calling Seungcheol's name, she then opened her eyes wide, in front of her, Seungcheol with his head full of blood seemed unconscious.

***

Her cell phone kept ringing waking Yujin from her nap.

“Oh My God, just once I want to sleep in peace.” she muttered. That day Yujin did not have a photo shoot schedule and she had finished all her college assignments, she expected her Sunday

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter