When She Loved Me

Freeze The Moment (English Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three years have passed since the most important person in her life disappeared from her life. She doesn't know how long she will hold on to her belief that this person will come back to her. But it couldn't be helped, it was this belief that made Xiaoting still able to stand tall and keep moving forward.

It has been several months since Xiaoting has worked in one of the best architectural firms in Korea, of course it is easy for Shen Xiaoting who is the best graduate in her university. Her days are spent working and working, an ethos that her superiors really like but not a few who are jealous of all the achievements she has achieved in a short time. Xiaoting doesn't care, every day she just wants to give her best for her work and then go home lying on her bed looking at the old pictures of the person who once said that she was her soulmate. She was grateful that of the many items Yujin had left behind, her camera was one of them. The shots of the beautiful photographer seemed to be proof that a Choi Yujin was real, not just a dream that was present in her life.

There are too many portraits of herself in the memory of that old camera, but what she does every day is not to look at her face but to remember the story in every portrait taken by the person she still loves very much. More than 1000 days but the routine is never absent she does before going to bed, people who live in memories, maybe the nickname is very fitting for her. Frreze the Moment, Xiaoting's memories returned to the past.

Flash back

"Whether it's because of the snow or it's because you are very beautiful, the results are really good, magical .." Yujin said still looking at the photo of Xiaoting that she took.

"Didn't you indirectly praise yourself, eonni? Because you were the one who took the pictures.” Reply Xiaoting

"Ahh you’re right! it's because of the photographer.." said Yujin while letting out a laugh.

"Tsk..." Xiaoting shook her head.

"Mmm.. Xiaoting are you happy?"

Xiaoting nodded her head. "Thank you Eonnie for the gift, but you have to spend your savings to come here.."

"its ok, I still have a lot of savings. When else can we play  like this? Even though I've kind of forgotten how to play the snowboard.."

"Relax I will teach you again .." said Xiaoting trying to convince her Eonnie.

Yujin just nodded her head.

“Eonnie, if you were given a superpower, what superpower would you like to have?”

"Why all of sudden?" Yujin asked.

"Just answer.."

"Umm.. I already have super powers." Yujin replied while shrugging her shoulders.

"Oh really? What's that?" Challenge Xiaoting.

“Freeze the moment.” Yujin replied.

“Freeze the moment?”

“With my camera I can freeze time, I can freeze a memory, a moment. If you miss our present moment, you just have to look at my shots."

Xiaoting smiled at Yujin's answer.

“I hope I will never miss this moment.” Xiaoting replied.

"Oh? Why?"

"Because I want us to keep making new moments that we don't have to come back to this moment." Xiaoting replied.

"It's okay to look back every now and then." Yujin replied. "If everyone thinks like you, my photography services won't sell anymore," she continued.

“Hahaha… you're right. Then there, take as many photos as possible, freeze as many moments as possible, who knows I suddenly want to revisit this moment."

Yujin is back in action with her camera.

End of Flashback

 

"It seems I was wrong, I shouldn't have asked you to take a lot of photos. Now I live from your frozen moments.”

Xiaoting sighed, she then put Yujin's camera back in its place.

Her eyes then fell on the lit screen of her cell phone. An incoming message from one of her new friends she met at work. Rina.

" Xiaoting, can you accompany me to find a book tomorrow?"

Her new friend was very kind to her, in fact you could say that she is too kind. Mashiro, who also knows Rina, has even said that there is a possibility that Rina likes her. Xiaoting doesn't want to bother, she likes Rina as a friend.

"Okay, if I take Mashiro with me is it okay?"

“ It's okay. See you tomorrow Xiaoting .."

Xiaoting then put her cell phone on the table. She lay down again.

 

"Goodnight Eonnie.." she said before closing her eyes.

***

 

“Relax a bit, Ting. It's Saturday, why so serious?." Mashiro could only shake her head.

"This Monday I was invited to meet our new client, I have to study the proposal first." Xiaoting replied still with a serious face.

"But there's still tomorrow, I thought you invited me here to chat but it turns out you're busy alone, if I  know I won't accompany you .." Mashiro said while pursing her lips.

Feeling guilty about Mashiro's words, Xiaoting then put her tablet into her bag.

"I'm sorry, suddenly my boss sent me this proposal, I'm curious. Ok, I already put the tablet, so you don't have to be angry."

Again, Mashiro could only shake her head.

"By the way  where is Rina, why is she taking so long?" Mashiro asked.

"She sent a message earlier, she said she had business first."

Mashiro then nodded her head.

"She likes you, Ting.." she said.

“Sshh, don't talk nonsense.” Xiaoting replied.

"I just feel sorry for her,she  likes someone whose hearts have frozen."

"Shiro, you know I'm still waiting..."

"I know.. I know.." Mashiro cut Xiaoting's words. " But for how long? Are you sure Yujin Eonnie will come back? What if she never comes back? Or what if by the time she returns she already has a partner? Or even worse already have children?”

Xiaoting looked at Mashiro in horror.

“ What the… Shiro!!! "

"Hey, but that's all possible. Xiaoting, I just want you to move on. Your life is just work and work….” Mashiro sighed “…and Rina is a good girl.”

"So now you're opening a matchmaking agency?"

"It is not like that. Ahh never mind, you really are like a rock.” Now Mashiro crossed her arms.

The atmosphere was silent for a moment, Xiaoting took a sip of her orange juice.

“Shiro, Eonnie will definitely come back. I'm sure she'll be back." Her tone was serious as she spoke.

"I hope you're right. I don't want to see you get hurt."

“I'm used to it..”

"Hey, don't talk like that. No human has the right to keep getting hurt..." Mashiro sighed for the umpteenth time. "Xiaoting, I still think that you need to move on.." Mashiro closed her eyes for a moment “This is going to sound cruel, but I need you to wake up. Xiaoting, how long has Eonnie been gone? 3 years! During that time did she ever contact you? If indeed you are still in the same boat, Eonnie will definitely contact you when she recovers 3 years ago or even she will immediately fly back to Korea, Eonnie is an adult who can make her own decisions. Then where is she now? "

Xiaoting is silent hearing all the words that come out of Mashiro's mouth, it's not that she never thought about it, every day she wonders why Yujin has never tried to contact her, but she lives in denial.

" Hey..sorry I'm late ."

Xiaoting was grateful that Rina had come at the right time, her friend had just saved her from a topic of conversation that she had always avoided.

"It's okay.." Xiaoting replied with a smile.

Rina sat on the chair next to Xiaoting.

“Can I order something to eat before we go looking for a book? I'm so hungry.."

"Of course.."

Rina then called the waitress to order her food. After she finished her attention then turned to the girl beside her.

"Are you done eating?"

Xiaoting nodded her head. "Sorry I ate first, when I got here I was suddenly hungry."

"It's okay, I'm the one who apologizes for being late." Rina replied while giving her a sweet smile.

"Ehm.." came a voice across the table.

“Shiro, have you finished eating too?” Rina asked again.

Mashiro nodded her head. "Umm Rina, do you still remember Chaehyun and Dayeon?"

"Of course, how could I forget such jolly girls like them, what's the matter?"

"Next month they will get married." Mashiro replied.

"Oh really? They must really really love each other if they decide to marry at such young age.”

Mashiro nodded her head.

"Do you want to accompany my friend who is next to you. I'm going with Oppa, so I can't bear to see Xiaoting having to go alone…”

Hearing her name called, Xiaoting then widening her eyes, she then looked at Shiro trying to give a disapproving signal, but her friend she had known for a long time decided to ignore it..

"If Xiaoting doesn't mind..." Rina replied.

Xiaoting who really didn't like having to reject the girl next to her then nodded her head.

"I don't mind, we'll go together, soon Chaehyun and Dayeon will definitely send you an invitation."

Hearing that, Rina smiled, how could it not be, the girl she had liked since she set foot in her new office asked her to go together to an event, without realizing that her cheeks were turning red.

"Your cheeks are so red, Rina.." Mashiro tried to .

She then looked to her side, Xiaoting seemed to have shifted her focus to her cellphone, she seemed to be typing something with a serious face. It was really hard to read  Xiaoting, but that was also what attracted her, the mysterious side of a Shen Xiaoting. But what she didn't know was that a girl named Xiaoting was typing a message to a friend in front of her.

 

“ Shiro, don't say anything weird ><”

" If it's not like this you will never move on, I don't care if you are angry with me.. " Shiro typed.

"I hate you.."

“This is for your own good, Ting. And I love you.."

“><”

 

Xiaoting knew that she could never be angry with her best friend, she knew Mashiro only wanted the best for her. But still, her heart still wants Yujin, her heart still screams her lover's name. Well, Xiaoting still thinks Yujin is her lover, she doesn't care, she will continue to think Yujin is her lover, she will stop if Yujin herself comes to her and breaks their relationship. but if that time still hasn't come, she will still believe that she and Yujin are still in the same boat.

 

***

Monday came.

Xiaoting who was already dressed neatly in her white shirt combined with her slim fit navy trousers. The glasses she wore made her appearance look very intellectual. No wonder her boss is very happy to take her to important meetings like now. Because apart from her brilliant ideas, the way she dresses and her beautiful face seems to add value to the company.

“Xiaoting, you will present our proposal later. After all, many of your ideas were contained in the proposal.”

Xiaoting nodded her head.

"Okay sir." She answered confidently.

Few moment later, someone entered the room, a tall, beautiful woman with a stunning appearance.

Mr. Baek who is Xiaoting's boss then stood up followed by his men, he then stretched out his hand.

“Miss Choi, thank you for inviting us.”

The girl smiled slightly stiffly. "I'm not Miss Choi, I'm her secretary, Jung Herra .." Herra then looked at the door.

“Ahh she came… Miss Choi…”

Xiaoting doesn't know what movie was playing in front of her, with her own eyes she saw a Choi Yujin standing in front of the door, Xiaoting couldn't hide her surprise, she opened wide, she wanted to scream the name of the girl she loved so much but for some reason she seems to have lost her voice.

Choi Yujin then looked at her, their eyes met, but not even a second had passed, Yujin then averted her gaze, she seemed not to know her, she was like a stranger to her. Choi Yujin then walked to the very end of the chair in the middle of the meeting table, the seat with the highest backrest in the room. Her charisma seemed to make the people in the room freeze and mute.

"Please sit." She said as she sat down in her chair.

“I don't have much time, so I hope you guys can be efficient in presenting your proposals. The new office we plan to build in this city has a crucial role  for the company, so I only wish for the best. So if what you are presenting later seems plain to me, I won't waste my time, I will immediately look for another company." She said matter-of-factly, her eyes were straight and she didn't even look at Xiaoting.

"Okay, Miss Choi Yujin.."

That name, the name that Mr. Baek spoke was the name of her girlfriend, so it's true that the person sitting in the CEO's chair was her girlfriend, but why did she seem to not know her, why were her eyes so cold, unlike her Yujin Eonnie who had the warmest gaze in this world. What happened? Eonnie what's wrong with you?

“Xiaoting, let's start presenting our proposal.” Mr. Baek said.

She nodded, Xiaoting then stood up, trying to calm herself down, trying to be her always confident self in front of her clients. Xiaoting then explained her proposal, while occasionally glancing at the screen where their proposal was being displayed. Several times her eyes met Yujin's eyes, when their eyes met again Yujin's eyes looked blank, she seemed to only focus on the presentation material she brought, without caring about her, no light in her eyes, no warmth in them. When she finished her presentation, Yujin just nodded, no praise or applause.

Xiaoting then returned to her seat. Arriving at her seat, she could only lower her head, unable to look into her Eonnie's cold eyes.

Her boss and other co-workers looked nervous to see Yujin who was still silent.

After a while a sigh was heard from the other end of the table.

“Mr. Baek, what was presented earlier was not the best, but I like its uniqueness a bit more than others. So I expect the revision of your proposal earlier to be on my desk two weeks from now, then I will decide whether or not to give your company a chance.” She said before standing up to leave the room.

She doesn't know where her courage

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter