Relationship

Freeze The Moment (English Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Two months have passed since Xiaoting announced her relationship with Seungcheol. And it's been almost a month since they moved into their new apartment. Their new apartment is simple but bigger than their previous apartment and according to Yujin's request, their apartment now has 2 bedrooms.

The frequency with which Yujin and Xiaoting meet is getting less and less, Their busy work and college make it difficult for them to spend time together. Not to mention at the end of the week, Xiaoting will spend time with Seungcheol. Even at night they sometimes can't see the faces of their friends, because when one comes home at late night the other is already asleep in her room.

Yujin realized it all, because she herself had a hand in why she and Xiaoting rarely saw each other. Yujin herself deliberately avoided her best friend, she just needed time to organize her heart, she promised herself that she would return to being normal to her best friend. She just needs time .

“I don't understand why you can feel comfortable playing with those numbers? And why don't you take a major that matches your current job?” Seungyeon asked interrupting her daydream.

"These numbers will come in handy in the future." Yujin replied, she then returned to focus on her college assignments.

"That's right, if you open your own studio, maybe these numbers will come in handy."

"Or if I can't continue my career as a photographer, I can apply to any company." Yujin answered.

"No way, you're too good." Seungyeon replied.

Yujin just shrugged her shoulders at her friend's comment.

“Are you not going to just move to my house? It seems you spend more time at my house than in your apartment.” Seungyeon asked, of course with the intention of joking.

"I can't possibly leave Xiaoting alone." yujin answered in a serious tone.

Seungyeon then took a deep breath.

“How long are you going to avoid her?” Seungyeon asked.

“Do you think Xiaoting is aware that I avoided her?” Yujin asked back.

"How do I know, you are the one who live with her." Seungyeon replied.

"Hmm, looks like I've gone too far." Yujin said again. "Starting tomorrow I'll try to act normal."

"Are you ready to move on?" Seungyeon asked.

"Why should I move on?" Yujin replied

"What? Seriously Yujin? You don't intend to move on? You know that's stupid." Seungyeon said.

" I used to live to love her , can't imagine if I have to stop ." she answered in a low voice.

Seungyeon then shook her head.

“What if someone could change it? What if someone could move your stone-like heart?” Seungyeon asked.

“Would Xiaoting be happy if I could move on?” Yujin again answered Seungyeon's question with a question.

"Why does everything have to be about Xiaoting?" Seungyeon said, frustrated with her friend's thoughts.

Yujin then smiled seeing Seungyeon's frustrated face.

"I don't want to torture myself, I'm just remembering the promise I made as a child, I promised to ensure Xiaoting to live a decent and happy life. Don't worry, I will also achieve my own happiness, but I have to make sure that Xiaoting has already achieved her happiness first."

"Lucky girl .." said Seungyeon.

"Who?" Yujin asked.

“Xiaoting, she is lucky to be loved by someone like you” . Seungyeon replied. “Hmm, but to think she wasn't that lucky.” Seungyeon said again.

"Why?" Yujin asked.

"Because she doesn't know" Seungyeon replied.

Yujin was silent, she couldn't answer Seungyeon's words. She then decided to refocus on the numbers on the paper on Seungyeon's dining table.

Seungyeon also gave her friend time to continue her college assignments.

After a while, Yujin then put down her ballpoint .

"Ahh… I finally finished my assignment.." she said as she stretched her arms. Seungyeon, who was playing games on her cellphone, turned her gaze to her friend.

"finished? Then come on! I've been wanting to try ice cream at that new Cafe.” Seungyeon said excitedly.

Yujin nodded, she immediately packed all her college equipment.

"Come on!" said Yujin no less excited, she also can't wait to try ice cream which is currently hype among young people.

***

"Ahh, thank God the queue wasn't as long as I thought." Seungcheol said.

"I don't understand the hype, it feels normal to me." Xiaoting said while eating her ice cream.

They then heard the whispers of the person next to them.

"Isn't that Seungyeon? Wow daebak..." someone said.

Xiaoting and Seungcheol's attention immediately shifted to the two girls who had just entered the Café.

"Isn't that Yujin?" Seungcheol asked. Xiaoting just nodded.

"She's getting closer to Seungyeon, I was surprised why suddenly Seungyeon's agency asked Yujin to be her personal photographer, but it seems they have been close before." Seungcheol said . Again, Xiaoting just nodded.

Yujin and Seungyeon who had ordered their ice cream then looked at Seungcheol and Xiaoting.

"Yujin! Here!" said Seungcheol inviting them to sit in his place and Xiaoting.

Yujin was accompanied by Seungyeon then approached them.

They sat on the chairs in front of Xiaoting and Seungcheol.

"Look like you guys are also curious about this ice cream." Seungcheol said.

"I saw my friends post it on their SNS, I got curious." Seungyeon replied.

"Oh Seungcheol, my Appa seems to have just met your father, is he seriously going to invest in my agency?" Seungyeon asked again.

"Oh I don't know, I haven't talked to Appa in a long time." Seungcheol replied.

Seungyeon just nodded hearing Seungcheol's answer.

"Is there a photoshoot today?" Seungcheol asked.

"Nope." Seungyeon replied.

“Then why did you two go together.” Seungcheol asked again.

"Why not? We're friends after all. I just accompanied This Miss Choi doing her college assignment." Seungyeon replied.

"Wow, I didn't expect you to be this close." Seungcheol's comment. "How do you two know each other?" Seungcheol asked curiously.

Seungyeon then shifted her gaze to the girl next to her,she then smiled remembering their first meeting.

"Long story, what is clear on that day, My little Choi here was my hero." Seungyeon replied, her gaze returned to Yujin who was now smiling at her. Unaware of the eyes that had been watching them, Xiaoting never asked Yujin when she first met Seungyeon, not because she forgot to ask, she just didn't want to hear Yujin's story with other women, for some reason.

"Okay, then I don't have to worry about our parents trying to match us up." Seungcheol said. Hearing Seungcheol's words, Yujin and Xiaoting's attention shifted to the only man among them, their eyes wide open when they heard the information they just heard.

"Wow, calm down." Seungcheol then grabbed Xiaoting's hand. "It's Ok Babe, Seungyeon and I never paid attention to their plan and they never discussed it again .." Seungcheol said. "Besides, I already have you and Seungyeon seems to already have her little Choi." said Seungcheol while teasing his friends.

Xiaoting doesn't understand what she is feeling now, whether she is worried about the news that Seungcheol's parents are planning to set him up with another woman or because Seungyeon claims her Yujin Eonnie as hers. 'My little Choi? What the F**k?' she thought.

"We're just friends." Yujin said.

"We'll never know, Yujin." Seungcheol said.

Seungyeon then brought herself closer to Yujin's body, she then ruffled her friend's hair.

"My Little Choi is currently focusing on her final year of college, but Seungcheol is right, who knows in the middle of the way you  will fall in love with me." Seungyeon said teasing her friend. Yujin could only shake her head at her friend's behavior.

"Ha ha ha. It's great to see you two interact, I pray for the best for you two." Said Seungcheol still laughing.

"Amen." Seungyeon said.

Yujin didn't comment, she knew her friend was just teasing her.

Her gaze then turned to the girl in front of her, Xiaoting now looked intently into her eyes, Yujin who didn't understand the meaning of Xiaoting's gaze then raised her eyebrows, as if asking her friend in front of her. Xiaoting who understood then shook her head,she then lowered her head, avoiding the eyes of Yujin who was still looking at her.

"Umm Xiaoting looks like we have to go, I have to go back to the studio after dropping you off." Seungcheol said.

"Okay Oppa." Xiaoting said. "Eonnie, do you want to come home with us?" Xiaoting asked Yujin, she hoped that her best friend would come with them, that way she could spend some time alone with Yujin in their apartment, she really missed her Eonnie who recently seemed very busy.

“Yujin and I will go elsewhere after this.” Seungyeon answered representing Yujin.

"Umm I'm sorry Xiaoting, I'll be home later." Yujin said.

"Okay." Xiaoting replied briefly, she immediately left Yujin without looking back at all.

"Bye, See You guys." Seungcheol said then followed his girlfriend who had walked in front of him.

Yujin watched her best friend leave from she was still walking in the Café, until she got into Seungcheol's car.

"Hopeless." Seungyeon's comments after she saw her friend's behavior.

Yujin didn't say anything.

***

Yujin had just entered her apartment when she heard the sound of the TV.

"Xiaoting?" Call her.

She then walked to the sofa, her best friend was fast asleep on the sofa they had just bought.

Seeing that sight Yujin could only shake her head.

"She hasn't even turned off the TV yet." she said. Yujin then lowered her body so that she was level with Xiaoting who was lying down. She smiled at her best friend's innocent face, Xiaoting's no-makeup face was the best. 'Even when you sleep like this you are very beautiful, it's not fair' she thoug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter