Lovestruck

Freeze The Moment (English Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Xiaoting had been sitting in front of her drawing table for hours, she was very serious about what she was doing. Her hands danced on the paper, connecting one line to another. After a long time she then put down her mechanical pencil, Xiaoting smiled at the 2D drawing she had just finished, Her above-average intelligence allowed her to create technical drawings that were too perfect for a sophomore like her.

A building with two floors she made with so detail in every part. A house of her  dreams, a house she hopes to live in with her Yujin Eonnie. She is serious about her promise to make the best house for Yujin.

Her attention then turned to her cellphone wallpaper, her Selca photo with Yujin when she graduated, she hadn't changed it since the first time she set it as wallpaper.

"Looks like you're not as skinny here, Eonnie." Xiaoting spoke to the photo of her Eonnie, a small smile appeared on her lips when she saw the cute face of her Eonnie. “Here even you look 10 years younger than me, like an elementary school student.” Xiaoting said again. She was still paying attention to her cellphone wallpaper when there was a notification on her cellphone screen, a message from her boyfriend who had been out of town for 2 days.

" Babe, what are you doing ?" The first message that Seungcheol sent.

"I'm drawing." Xiaoting replied.

" Your Assignment?" Seungcheol asked again.

"Yes." Xiaoting replied, this time she was lying, what she drew was not for her college assignment.

" Oh I see, have you eaten ?"

"Not yet, Oppa."

" Why haven't you eaten yet? Now get up from your seat and look for food in the kitchen! If you don't have one, you order directly, or do you want me to order?” Seungcheol said with long typing. Xiaoting then smiled reading a message from Seungcheol, her boyfriend was always attentive to her.

"No need Oppa, there's still food in the kitchen, I cooked this afternoon." Xiaoting replied.

" Okay then, don't be late to eat again okay ." Seungcheol replied.

"Okay." Type Xiaoting briefly.

" I still have work to do, I'll call you before going to bed, I love you. ”

"Okay Oppa" Xiaoting replied.

Xiaoting has been dating Seungcheol for a few months but she still can't say the 3 letters . Xiaoting loves her boyfriend, Seungcheol is always good to her and most importantly he is also good to her Yujin Eonnie, She knows that he is a perfect boyfriend for her , but Xiaoting just can't say the words yet.

Her attention then returned to her cellphone screen, the time was already 10 pm, but Yujin had not returned to the apartment. Yujin had told her that she would be home late because she had to accompany Seungyeon to look for something at the mall.

"Shouldn't the Mall be closed, why haven't you gone home until now." Again Xaoting spoke to the photo of Yujin on the screen of her cell phone.

Xiaoting then looked back at her 2D drawing. When she drew this, in her image there were only her and Yujin, she didn't even think about how their living arrangement would be in the future with Seungcheol and Seungyeon in the picture.

“Should I redraw?” she said. Xiaoting then shook her head. "Just leave it like this."

She then rolled up the drawing paper and stored it in her drafting tube.

Xiaoting then grabbed her phone again.

"Eonnie, don't come home too late, I will heat the food in case you don't have time to eat, I will sleep first. Please be careful." She Typed her message.

Xiaoting then went to the kitchen to heat up her food, not long after that her cell phone rang.

" Ok Ting, I've eaten but I'm still hungry so please spare your cooking. Thank you. I'll be home soonJ “ The contents of the message from Yujin.

Xiaoting smiled broadly reading the contents of the message from her best friend.

"She eats a lot but stays skinny like that."

Xiaoting, who initially only intended to heat up her cooking last afternoon, then decided to cook Yujin's favorite omelette, wanting her Eonnie to eat her food which was still fresh. She cooks with a smile still on her lips.

***


"Finally we can get together again , I didn't expect being a student to be this busy." Said Dayeon who was already leaning her head on Chaehyun's shoulder.

"This is just the beginning, in the future it will be even busier, not to mention if we are already working, we will find it increasingly difficult to get together." Mashiro said.

"By the way, your apartment is comfortable." Mashiro continued again.

"Hmm, a bit of an upgrade from our old apartment although Eonnie and I have to work hard to pay the rent." Xiaoting replied.

"You all are amazing." Now Chaehyun also commented. "Colleges alone is exhausting enough, you still have to work." She continued.

"I'm trying to enjoy it." Xiaoting replied again.

"Hey, here's your juices, take it yourself.." Yujin said from the kitchen.

"Okay, Unnie." Mashiro replied, "Let me  .." she said to her friends, Mashiro then stood up to Yujin to the kitchen.

"Xiaoting.." Daeyeon whispered.

"Hmm" Xiaoting replied.

"I heard rumors of your Eonnie's relationship with a top artist." Dayeon said again still whispering.

Xiaoting's eyes immediately widened at that. "Where did you hear that from?" she was afraid this would have a bad effect on her Eonnie, she was a little horrified by the way the media worked.

“Blind items.” Chaehyun answered representing her best friend.

“Since when did you read such a thing, and how did you know it was Yujin Eonnie? She's not even a celebrity." Xiaoting asked.

"There is a photo, in the forum it clearly shows the face of Seungyeon and a woman, although her face is not visible I really know Eonnie's posture and the jacket she is wearing in the photo, it is the jacket I gave her for her birthday." Said Dayeon again.

"But why hasn't it been reported in the media?" Xiaoting asked again.

"I don't know, maybe there was her agency interference." Dayeon replied while shrugging her shoulders.

"Why are you guys whispering." Yujin, who had been preparing small dishes for her friends, had returned from the kitchen. Followed by Mashiro who brought drinks for her friends.

"Eonnie you should know." Said Xiaoting decided to tell Yujin.

"What is it?" Yujin asked while keeping the food she had prepared on the table. She then sat down beside Xiaoting.

"Your photo with Seungyeon has already spread on one of the forums." Xiaoting replied.

"Is that true?" Yujin said in a surprised tone.

Dayeon then took her cellphone, she then searched the forum that contained photos of Yujin and Seungyeon.

"This is Eonnie, see for yourself." Dayeon then gave her phone to Yujin.

Yujin's eyes widened even more. In the photo, she and Seungyeon are hugging, she remembers at that time Seungyeon was stressed with work and asked Yujin to hug her. The photo was taken from the side so that only Seungyeon's face was visible. Xiaoting, who was sitting next to her, also looked at the photos on the forum.

"But actually it's not that strong, Seungyeon can easily deny it, she can just says that the woman she hugs is her friend." Xiaoting said.

Yujin nodded. "Xiaoting is right, you don't have to worry," she said.

"Eonnie, but do you and Seungyeon have a special relationship?" Chaehyun asked.

Yujin nodded. “We are in the process of getting to know each other.” Yujin replied.

"Wow daebak! I didn't expect my friend to have a celebrity girlfriend." Dayeon said. "Uhm but Eonnie, you have to be more careful, that photo is just the beginning, we all know how the paparazzi work." Said Dayeon again.

Yujin nodded. "Thank you for reminding." she said.

"I don't like conditions like this." Now Xiaoting also commented.

"Why?" Yujin asked.

"Our lives are getting more complicated. We get a better life but our life is getting more and more complicated.” she said.

"That's called  life,Xiaoting" said Yujin.

"Eonnie's right. Ting. Oh well I haven't congratulated you eonnie, despite everything I'm happy now that Eonnie has a girlfriend." Mashiro said. Yujin just smiled slightly at Mashiro's congratulations.

"Don't forget our other friend, Xiaoting hasn't bought us a meal yet even though she's been dating for a long time with the son of a rich businessman." Said Chaehyun.

"What are you talking about? It's not an achievement, I'm not dating my boyfriend because he's the son of a rich man." Xiaoting said with a sour face, not happy with her friend's comment.

“Okay okay, why are you sensitive like that anyway? I was just joking" Chaehyun said again.

Xiaoting knew her friend didn't mean anything bad, her mood just suddenly ruined.

"Okay, why are we bringing this up, how about we just start watching?" Mashiro said trying to fixed the atmosphere. Her friends agreed.

They then started watching the hype series in Korea and even the whole world.

As usual Yujin automatically rested her head on Xiaoting's shoulder.

During the screening of the series, Mashiro's voice filled the room, she really didn't really like the horror genre like this. Moreover, Dayeon and Chaehyun who sat flanking her on the sofa always by scaring her.

Sitting on the floor, two friends who focus on watching series, the horror genre is their favorite. Although sometimes there are scenes that make Yujin feel scared, but she has her shield, when she can't stand a scene she will hide behind Xiaoting's shoulders.

“I hate Gwinam so much.” She whispered in Xiaoting's ear, still hiding on her best friend's shoulder, she was most afraid every time a scene of the main evil character in the series appeared.

“The writer is really smart, with zombies that don't have any sense, the audience is already scared now, plus the evil zombies who don't lose their sense. It's make this series scarier.” Xiaoting said.

"Mmmh, tonight I will sleep in your room." Yujin said.

Xiaoting smiled, she then turned to the side so she could see the frightened face of her Eonnie. Their eyes met, Xiaoting then smiled at Yujin.

"Okay, I'll protect you from the zombies." she whispered.

Yujin then pursed her lips, "You love to tease me." Hearing that Xiaoting smiled again, she then turned her focus back to the TV.

Not long after, Yujin's cell phone vibrated, she then saw a notification on her cellphone screen, there was a message that came from a number she didn't recognize.

“ Yujin, this is Imo, Seungcheol's Eomma, can we meet tomorrow at my house? I want to meet you and if possible you can take Xiaoting too. Good night, Yujin ."

Yujin smiled reading the message from Mrs. Choi, she immediately touched Xiaoting's shoulder asking for her attention, Xiaoting turned back to her. She then showed the message from Seungcheol's mother to Xiaoting.

“Can you ? and is it okay?” Yujin whispered.

Xiaoting then nodded. "As long as you are there, it should be fine, Eonnie." Xiaoting replied. Yujin smiled at Xiaoting's answer, she then returned to her cellphone, typing her answer.

" Okay Imo, tomorrow Xiaoting and I will go to your house. Good night too Imo J”

Her gaze returned to the TV. Again, Gwinam appeared on the TV screen, Yujin again took cover behind her shield.

***

"I'm glad you came." Said Mrs. Choi warmly.

"Thank you Imo, I was very happy when yesterday I received your message." Yujin replied.

"Thank you Imo." Xiaoting said, Mrs. Choi asked her to also call Imo.

“I’m the one who feel thankful being visited by amazing girls like you.” Mrs. Choi had already heard the story about Yujin and Xiaoting's life from Seungcheol. Mrs. Choi who already had a strong impression of Yujin was even more impressed with her, there was an unknown fond she felt for her .

" And Xiaoting thank you, thanks to you my son has been super cheerful lately." Mrs. Choi said while smiling warmly at Xiaoting.

"You're welcome Imo, your son is a good man." Xiaoting replied.

"I'm glad to hear that, at least I can raise my only son well." she said. She then took a deep breath.

"What's wrong Imo?"

"I remember my late daughter, if she was still alive she would probably be your age Yujin."

“ I'm sorry to hear that , Imo.” Yujin said.

"It's ok, after all it happened a long time ago. Even though my wounds haven't healed yet." Said Mrs. Choi in a sad tone. She then shook her head.

"Oh, what's wrong with me? anyway you should come here often, I'm glad to have you, I feel like I got my daughter back." she said.

“Okay Imo, we will come often.” Yujin replied.

"Thank you." Madam Choi replied then grabbed Yujin's hand.

"Xiaoting." Then her attention shifted to the girl next

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter