No One Else

Freeze The Moment (English Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey .. " said someone who just came.

"Hey" Yujin replied

“What’s wrong? I can see you from the outside. Hmm I see your drink is still intact." Seungyeon said, she then sitting next to Yujin.

Yujin just shook her head.

"Babe, you can tell me everything." Seungyeon said while taking her lover’s hand.

"It's about Xiaoting." Yujin answered, she then saw Seungyeon's facial expression changed after hearing her best friend's name.

"Forget it." Yujin said again when she saw the change in Seungyeon's expression.

“Hey, it's ok…” Seungyeon replied, trying to normalize her facial expression. "Tell me, what's wrong with Xiaoting?" Seungyeon asked again.

"She's been acting weird lately, she's been avoiding me." Yujin replied. "I'm so confused, do I have something wrong?" she continued.

"Have you spoken to her?" Seungyeon asked.

"No, I don't know where to start, I'm afraid this is just my mind." Yujin replied.

"It's better if you talk to her immediately." Seungyeon said again.

Yujin then nodded.

"Jinnie, come with me tomorrow, okay?"

"Where to?"

"My friend's birthday, they asked me to bring my partner." Seungyeon replied.

"Is it okay? I mean, your friends are mostly celebrities, aren't you ashamed to take me?" Yujin said.

"What are you talking about? I will show off to my friends that I have a beautiful and amazing girlfriend.” Seungyeon replied.

Yujin smiled slightly at the compliment from her girlfriend.

"Okay."

"Then after this we go shopping, I want to buy you a dress for tomorrow's event."

"I do not want. Every time there is an event, you must buy me new clothes." Yujin said.

"You're my girlfriend so that's only natural, Yujin." Seungyeon replied.

Yujin shook her head.

"For tomorrow I will wear my own dress and from now on you don't have to buy me anything else, ok?"

Seungyeon didn't answer her girlfriend's request, she then crossed her arms.

"Hey, don't be angry .." Yujin coaxed her girlfriend.

"I don't like it, I want to buy you anything, I did it because I wanted to." Seungyeon replied.

"Okay, you can buy me something BUT only if there is a certain occasion, for example my birthday or our anniversary, how about it?" Yujin offered to her girlfriend.

"Okay, even though I still don't like it, but if that's what you want, I can't do anything .." Seungyeon answered resignedly.

"Thank you."

 

 

***

It was late at night when Yujin entered her apartment, as usual it was dark in the living room which meant Xiaoting was already sleeping in her room. Yujin, who was very curious about what was going on with her best friend, decided to walk towards the door of Xiaoting's room. She then knocked on her friend's door.

"Come in, Eonnie." Xiaoting replied in her hoarse voice. Yujin then opened the bedroom door.

"Hey" she greeted as she walked towards Xiaoting's bed.

Xiaoting who was lying down then sat leaning her body on the back of her bed. Yujin then sat down next to her.

"Sorry to disturb your sleep." Yujin said.

"It's ok Eonnie, I haven't really slept yet." Xiaoting replied.

Yujin then looked at her best friend's face, long enough to make Xiaoting uncomfortable.

“Ehm, why are you looking at me like that?” Xiaoting asked.

"I'm remembering your face, I'm afraid to forget your face because it seems I've only seen you once this week." Yujin replied.

"You're too much, Eonnie." Xiaoting replied.

"But I'm not wrong, right? ' Yujin said again.

"You are busy, I am busy, that's why." Xiaoting replied.

"But it looks like you're busier this week than ever."

" I'm very busy with my studies and work." Xiaoting replied.

Yujin just nodded at Xiaoting's answer, then lowered her head like she was thinking about something.

"What's wrong, Eonnie?" Xiaoting asked suddenly worried about her friend who suddenly fell silent.

"I miss you." Yujin said in a low voice.

'Heart, please, why do you have to beat so fast now.' Xiaoting tried to neutralize the expression on her face.

Xiaoting then exhaled slowly.

"Eonnie.."

"Hmm.."

"Looks like you have to get used to this kind of condition, in the future I will be even more busy." Xiaoting said. "Eonnie I'm sleepy, we'll continue the conversation tomorrow, okay?"

“Xiaoting, do you hate me?” Yujin asked suddenly.

Xiaoting was surprised to hear Yujin's question.

"What did Eonnie say? How could I hate you."

"I don't know, seeing how you treat me, like you are allergic to me, you can't even stand to stay in the same room with me for long." Yujin said.

"I'm sorry Eonnie, I'm just sleepy, I was tired all day in college."

Yujin just nodded at Xiaoting's answer. She then stood up to leave Xiaoting's room, Xiaoting's hand then swiftly grabbed her best friend's hand, holding her to not leave.

“Eonnie, please don't ever say something like that again. I will never hate you.” Xiaoting said.

"Then tomorrow afternoon, do you want to go with me?" Yujin asked.

Xiaoting then removed her hand from Yujin's hand.

"Eonnie, sorry but tomorrow I have an appointment with Seungcheol Oppa." Xiaoting replied as she lowered her head.

"Okay." Yujin said briefly.

She then walked out of Xiaoting's room,

Xiaoting then took a deep breath,

"I miss you too.." she whispered.

"This is hard .." .

 

***

"The food isn't good, is it?" Seungcheol asked the girl who was just playing with her pasta.

"Hmm?" Xiaoting, who had been busy with her own thoughts, didn't hear Seungcheol's question.

"I asked if the food wasn't good?" Seungcheol asked again.

"Oh it's delicious.. sorry I was daydreaming."

"What are you thinking? you've been daydreaming a lot lately." Seungcheol asked.

"It's okay Oppa, I'm just thinking about my college assignment."

Seungcheol then held Xiaoting's hand.

"Is there anything I can help?"

"It's ok Oppa." Xiaoting said as she slowly released her hand from Seungcheol's grip.

Seeing that made Seungcheol even more confused by his girlfriend's behavior. As if wanting to make sure that their relationship is fine, Seungcheol then brought his face closer to Xiaoting's, but when he was about to kiss his girlfriend's lips, Xiaoting then turned her face away.

Seungcheol then closed his eyes, trying to contain his emotions.

“Xiaoting, what's wrong?” Seungcheol asked. "It's been a week since you didn't allow me to kiss you, Did I do something wrong?” he asked again in a desperate tone.

Hearing that made Xiaoting feel guilty, ever since she realized her feelings for Yujin subconsciously she avoided all forms of skinship with her boyfriend, everything felt wrong to her.

“Oppa… I think we need a break.” Xiaoting's words certainly made Seungcheol shocked.

" What do You mean? Why all of a sudden?”

"I'm feeling confused with my own feelings, I'm sorry Oppa, I have to be honest with you, it would be unfair if I pretended nothing happened." Now Xiaoting started shedding tears.

"Have I not succeeded? Haven't you been able to love me until now?" Seungcheol asked still in a desperate tone.

"Forgive me." .

"Is there anyone else?" Seungcheol asked again in his low voice.

Xiaoting doesn't know whether she should be honest with Seungcheol or not. She then shook her head refusing to answer.

Seeing that Seungcheol seemed to have found the answer.

"There's someone else." He said slowly.

"Oppa.." Xiaoting said slowly.

"Who?" Seungcheol asked.

Again Xiaoting fell silent, refusing to answer.

"Do I know him?"

"Forget it Oppa, after all I can't be with her,she already has someone." Xiaoting replied.

Seungcheol then shook his head slowly.

"Then can you stay with me? I don't mind if you can't reciprocate my feelings. I will try even more.” Seungcheol still hasn't given up

“It wouldn't be fair to you, Oppa.” Xiaoting said.

"It's OK, Xiaoting. Please.."

Xiaoting was still silent.

“Then you don't have to answer now, I'll give you some time to think, please think again carefully …” Now Seungcheol said those words with a pleading tone.

Xiaoting felt guilty towards Seungcheol, she then nodded her head.

"Okay, I'll think again." Xiaoting replied.

Seungcheol then grabbed Xiaoting's hand. “Thank you, please think carefully and please remember that I love you very very much. I can't live without you.” He said before kissing Xiaoting's hand.

Hearing that made Xiaoting feel even more burdened, she didn't know if she could accept Seungcheol's love while in her heart there was only the name of her best friend. How can she erase her feelings for Yujin?

***

The middle-aged man looked furiously at the television, his eyes not blinking at all watching the news about the freedom of someone he hated so much.

“Shen Yichen,” he said in a vengeful tone.

"You may be free from the laws of this country, bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter