The Lone Star, in Search of Its Constellation

Freeze The Moment (English Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It feels great to be back here.." she said, leaning her back against the tree trunk. She then felt the weight on her shoulders getting heavier.

"Eonnie, are you asleep?" Xiaoting asked the older girl.

"Hmm.. the wind makes me sleepy.." Yujin then hugged Xiaoting's arm tighter, she buried her head in Xiaoting's shoulder even more.

Xiaoting then rested her head on top of her lover's head.

"I really like early autumn, it's not too cold and not too hot either." Xiaoting said

"Hmm after this we have to buy thick clothes to prepare for winter." Replied the girl beside her.

"Hmmm, don't you think there's still a stock of your winter clothes in the closet..."

"I'm just going to add a few. ."

"Alright, I'll buy some too"

"Why hasn't Mother Narae come home yet?" Xiaoting asked.

"I don't know, but I wonder why she suddenly asked us to come here..." Yujin then lifted her head from Xiaoting's shoulder.

"Maybe she just misses us, to think we haven't been here in a long time..."

"You're right, we haven't been here in a long time. Umm Xiaoting why did you borrow a kid's guitar? "

"I wanted to sing a song for you under this shady tree, I wanted to try to impress you."

"Tskckck, what else is on your mind?"

“I read articles on the internet, they said we should often charge our partners with romantic gestures, so they never get bored with us. I want to try that…”

“Jeez, why are you reading such a weird article anyway?”

"Hahaha... I thought it was ridiculous, that's why I didn't do it."

"Hmm, but it's a shame if the guitar is idle like that.." Yujin then pointed at the guitar that was just lying on the grass. "Come on, you play a song for me.."

"Okay.." Xiaoting answered without further ado, she then picked up the guitar that was lying on the grass.

Xiaoting started strumming her guitar. She then brought out her singing ability.

 

( Those sweet words – Norah Jones )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMQtB3qjoh8

 

What did you say?
I know I saw you singing

But my ears won't stop ringing

Long enough to hear those sweet words

What did you say?

End of the day
The hour hand has spun

But before the night is done I just have to hear those sweet words

Spoken like a melody

All your love is a lost balloon
Rising up through the afternoon'

Til it could fit on the head of a pin

Come on in
Did you have a hard time sleeping?'Cause the heavy moon was keeping me awake

And all I know is I'm just glad to see you again

See my love like a lost balloon
Rising up through the afternoonAnd then you appear

What did you say?
I know I saw you singingWhy my ears won't stop ringing

Long enough to hear those sweet words

And your simple melody

I just have to hear those sweet words
Spoken like a melody I just wanna hear those sweet words

 

 

Xiaoting then ended the song.

 

"How? Has your love grown?”

 

" You sing a romantic song for me, under a shady tree, when the sky is clear, when the air is good, my love has grown beyond the height of this tree.." Yujin said while her lover's cheek

“Only beyond the height of this tree?” Xiaoting asked.

“Ahh noo.. my love has reached to the farthest galaxy.” Yujin replied again.

"Don't be too far away, it will be difficult for me to catch up, what romantic gesture can I do to reach the farthest galaxy?" Reply Xiaoting doesn't want to lose

“Xiaoting, I think we need to stop, the sugar level in my body seems to have reached the peak with those sweet words from you…”

Xiaoting just smiled at her girlfriend's words.

"Your sugar level can drop if you exercise a lot, tonight I will help you exercise..." Xiaoting said then give her grlfriend a wink.

Yujin just shook her head.

"I know what you mean.. tsk tsk.."

Xiaoting just smiled at her girlfriend's reaction.

"Ahh apparently you are here.."

They heard the voice of the woman they loved the most. Yujin and Xiaoting then stood up to the woman who had raised them.

"Mother.." they said in unison, they then hugged Mother Narae in turn.

“Why did you guys only come now? If I didn't call you, you wouldn't be here .." said the old woman while pretending to put on a sullen face.

"It's not like that Mother, Xiaoting and I are planning to visit you later this month..." Yujin replied, she felt bad for the person she considered her own biological parent.

"I'm kidding, I understand how busy you guys are.. Hmm, how about we sit under that tree?"

Yujin and Xiaoting nodded. They finally sat down where they had been, followed by Mother Narae who sat across from them.

"You haven't changed, since childhood this place has always been your favorite place .." Mother Narae said while smiling remembering the past when the children in front of her were still small.

"Thank you for never cutting down this tree, Mother," said Xaoting.

"I can't cut down this historical tree.. Umm, there's a reason why I called you here.." Mother Narae's expression suddenly turned serious.

She then took something in the bag that she had been holding.

“Yujin, take a look at this…” Mother Narae then gave Yujin a gold anklet.

" What Is this Mother?"

“This is yours. I thought I lost it during a theft a few years ago, but it fell under an old cupboard in my room…”

Yujin then looked at the anklet carefully, the name 'Choi Yujin' was engraved on the star-shaped ornament.

"Of course now you won't be able to wear it because it's so small, but at least it's the only thing you can remember from your parents."

Suddenly a feeling of sadness fell upon the girl Xiaoting loved. Xiaoting who could read the sadness on her lover's face then embraced her.

"I'm sorry, I made you sad."

Yujin shook her head.

"It's okay, Mother. I think these anklets remind me that I have parents, although I don't know if they're still in this world or not.”

Mother Narae then grabbed Yujin's hand.

“I pray that there will be a bright spot regarding your parents. But whatever it is, I will always wish the best for you. In the future there may be many obstacles, therefore you must continue to take care of each other."

"Thank you, Mother..." Again Yujin and Xiaoting said it at the same time.

"Come on, I've done a lot of shopping, you guys have to help me cook for the kids."

Yujin and Xiaoting spend their day with Mother Narae and their little friends.

 

***

Yujin is still looking for the place Xiaoting pointed to, she intends to repair the anklet left by her parents and try to restore it to its original condition. Too bad her girlfriend couldn't accompany her because of her busy schedule that day.

Because it's been a long time since she walked alone to the mall like this, Yujin lost her way a little, she tried to remember Xiaoting's explanation to her regarding the location of the shop that could repair her anklet.

"Yujin?" she heard a voice that was quite familiar to her, Yujin turned to the direction the voice came from.

"Imo .." she said in a cheerful tone, she was very happy to see her favorite Imo.

"Yujin it's been a long time.." Choi Kang Hee then hugged Yujin for a moment.

"Yes Imo.. it's been a long time we haven't seen each other."

"You're looking for something?"

"I want to fix my anklet, but I don't know where the place is, so I'm a little lost right now..."

"Ahh how about I take you to my regular place?"

"If it's not a bother, Imo.."

"Of course it won't be a bother .." replied Choi Kang Hee.

She the led Yujin to her regular shop.

Arriving there, Kang Hee immediately introduced Yujin to the shop owner, because she went there so often, the shop owner and her employees knew Choi Kang Hee very well.

"What can I do for you?" Asked the lady of the shop owner.

“I want to fix my anklet, umm to be precise my anklet when I was a baby, the chain is a bit broken. Can you fix it so that it is like before?” Yujin asked.

"May I see the item first?"

Yujin then took out the anklet. She then showed the anklet to the shop owner.

"Looks like the anklet's age is very old huh?" she asked.

"The anklet's age is the same as mine.." Yujin replied.

"Yujin, can I see it? It seems that anklet means a lot to you…”

Yujin then handed the anklet into Kang Hee's hands.

Yujin could see the change in Kanghee's facial expression when she held her anklet. She could even see that her Imo hand was shaking slightly.

“Yu… jinn..” even her voice was shaking.

"Yes Imo?"

"Where did you get these anklets from?"

“It's been on my feet since I was a baby, Imo. At least that's what Mother Narae said. Yesterday she returned this anklet to me…”

“Mother Narae? The person who raised you at the orphanage?”

Yujin nodded.

Choi Kang Hee then covered with both her palms. It was like she was holding back her tears.

"Impossible..." she whispered. She then looked into Yujin's eyes,

“Imo, are you okay?”

Choi Kang Hee only replied by shaking her head.

"Yujin, I have something to do, sorry I can't accompany you .." Kang Hee then returned the anklet to Yujin's hand, she then stood up and hurriedly left Yujin.

"What happened?"

"Maybe Mrs. Choi has urgent business .." replied the shop owner who had been watching them.

Yujin then gave a smile. "Yeah, maybe.. Umm back to this anklet, can it still be fixed?"

"Sure, but it will take me about 3 days to fix it."

"No problem for me.."

"Okay then, I'll let you know when it's done. Can you give me your number? so we can call you later when the repairs are done."

"Okay." Yujin gave her phone number. Her mind went back to Madam Choi 'what the hell happened? why did she become like that after seeing my anklet?'

Yujin then shook her head. 'just my feeling, maybe she has urgent business.'

Yujin tried not to overthink anymore.

 

***

"Perhaps she has urgent business, Eonnie..."

"Hmm, that's weird, she's not usually like that..."

"It seems that you are very close to Seungcheol Oppa's mother?"

"She's very nice, Ting.."

"Yeah, but I feel your relationship is unique, I can feel the chemistry between the two of you."

"Xiaoting really?"

"Hahaha.. Not that kind of Chemisty, Umm Like mother and daughter?"

Yujin then took a deep breath.

Seeing that Xiaoting then grabbed her lover's hand.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to remind you..."

“It's Ok, even though I'm used to it sometimes I like to wonder what it's like to have a mother? You feel the same as me?”

"Hmm.. although I'm very grateful for Mother Narae's presence but I often imagine what it's like to have a mother who will scold me if I come home at night, even though I have an eonnie who is no less chatty than a mother..."

"Tskckck.. If you remember how prankish you were when you were in middle school, I will never forget when your friend's parents scolded me because their child was pranked by you at school..."

Xiaoting just smiled remembering her teenage years.

"But at least this  brain of mine makes the school unable to expel me."

Yujin then her beautiful girlfriend's hair.

“Xiaoting, if your parents were still around, they would definitely be very proud of you, if your school didn't claim your math olympiad winning trophies, our apartment might already be full of them…”

Xiaoting took Yujin's hand again, she then brought her hand to her lips and kissed it.

"Eonnie, are you proud of me?" she asked.

"Always, My Lonestar." Yujin replied.

"Lonestars?"

“For Me, You, Xiaoting, is Like a Lone Star, standing out among the rest, shines the brightest in the dark sky.. You have nothing, but you can show everyone that you can be the best. ”

“Who said I had nothing? I have you.. If in your eyes I am a star then you are my constellation..”

Yujin smiled at Xiaoting's answer.

" Is this what it feels like to experience a flowery heart?" she asked

“Is that so, Eonnie? Looks like my skills have increased again…”

An idea suddenly came to Yujin's mind, she then got up from her seat.

"Where are you going, Eonnie?... Ohh.." Xiaoting then fell silent when she found her Eonnie already sitting on her lap, facing her.

"I want to give you a reward for your new skill.." said the older girl, Yujin then landed her lips on her girlfriend's lips. They kissed each other in return, which was an addiction for both of them. Xiaoting was already starting to put her hands inside Yujin's shirt when suddenly the bell rang.

"Arghhh.. what the hell?" Xiaoting protested, she was already starting to feel the heat in her body.

"Sshhh.. I'll open the door first, okay?" said Yujin who got up from Xiaoting's lap, Yujin slightly tidied her clothes first before walking towards the door.

When Yujin opened their apartment door, she saw a man who looked familiar to her standing in front of her.

The man whose face looked nervous gave him a stiff smile.

"you are..."

"Hello Yujin.." the man said. "I'm Shen Yichen, we met at a fried chicken restaurant that time..."

'Shen?' she thought.

"I am Xiaoting's father..."

"WHAT???" she shouted. Xiaoting's father, her lover's father? Yujin tried to digest the information she had just received.

"Eonnie, what's wrong?" Xiaoting who heard Yujin's scream immediately approached her girlfriend.

"Xiaoting.." called the man she never knew.

"Sorry, who are you?" she asked. "And how do you know my name?"

“Xiaoting, I am Shen Yichen, your father…”

"WHAT?" Her reaction was not much different from Yujin's. She didn't know what to say about the confession of the man in front of her.

"I'm sorry, I know this is very sudden, but I..."

"Stop, don't talk.. how can we believe that?" Xiaoting said in a sarcastic tone.

Yichen then took out something from his bag.

"This is a photo when you were born..." Yichen then handed a photo to Xiaoting's hand.

In the photo there is a small baby being carried by a man, Xiaoting knows the baby because she also has a photo of herself when she was a baby taken by Mother Narae. Then she looked at Yichen, it was true that his face was similar to the man in the photo.

"The man in the photo was me when I was younger..." Yichen's words seemed to confirm her suspicions.

Xiaoting's head suddenly hurt hearing it all, her hands tried to find support so she wouldn't fall, seeing it was her girlfriend, Yujin swiftly embraced her, holding her body so as not to fall.

"Why?" she said.

"Why only now? why is it only now you showing up? Why did you leave me when I was a baby?” Xiaoting said quietly.

“I had to… to save you, I had to do it…”

"Saved me from what?"

"It's a long story, Xiaoting..."

Xiaoting shook her head. “I can't believe that, whatever the reason, a parent would never leave their child at the door of an orphanage…”

"Xiaoting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter