Letters

Freeze The Moment (English Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My letter to my beloved.

 

Dear Xiaoting.

It's been a month since I left you, with all the restlessness and longing that I always carry with me. Today I followed my footsteps, I let them take me anywhere until finally I was stranded in a beautiful village, Riquewihr, it’s hard to pronounce it.

Xiaoting do you remember? You once promised to build me a house in the hills in France, it seems this village fits your imagination very well, at night I can see many stars, at night even though it is not as bright as the city lights, we can still see the light from the village lights. But remember, I want our house to be in the highest location because when I'm tired of working I can see the beautiful combination of man-made light and nature's creation, while drinking coffee and laying my head on your shoulder.

Did you know I'm writing this while drinking my favorite coffee and I just spilled it a little on this paper? If you were here surely you would continue to tease me for my carelessness.

Xiaoting it's been 33 days we haven't seen each other and I still miss you.

 

***

 

Dear My lover, Xiaoting..

I don't care, even though we are not officially back together but for me you are forever my lover. Have you seen the photo I sent? Now that I'm in a village called Eze, this time it's not that hard to pronounce.

Xiaoting you will definitely love being here, they have a restaurant with the most delicious Pizza and Spaghetti in the world, at least for me. But they serve the food with very large portions, if only you were here you would have helped me finish all the food.

Xiaoting do you know what day it is?

Today is the day of celebration where you confessed your feelings to me for the first time. You must have forgotten. I've never said it, but that time when we were watching the sunset and by the time we knew each other's feelings, I really wanted to kiss your lips, that desire I even carried to my dream that night.

Xiaoting, it's been 65 days. I still miss you and I really want to kiss you right now.

 

***

 

Dear Xiaoting .

My feet are now taking me to a wine plantation. No, I'm not drinking wine, I don't want to risk not being able to go home later.

I'm writing this still drinking coffee at the house of the plantation owner who happens to be an old friend of my father's. Did you know that the owner of this plantation has a very beautiful daughter? Looks like she likes me, xixixi. You don't have to be jealous because to me my Xiaoting is the most beautiful girl on this earth.

Xiaoting the garden’s  owner gave me a parable, he said “ Love is like wine, gives a tumultuous bliss, Heightened indeed beyond all mortal pleasures; But mingles pangs and madness in the bowl.” If the parable he tells is true I don't mind, if love is like wine which is a mixture of mortal pleasure, pain, and madness m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter