Intro

Freeze The Moment (English Version)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

She had drunk two cups of coffee, but it was still not enough, she still had to do her best to hold back her sleepiness. Her boss is very demanding , even though the photo will be used for the newspaper the day after tomorrow , but her boss asked her to send it before tomorrow morning. "Still not finished?" asked the girl who was lying on the bed.

"No, I'm still not satisfied with the lighting."

“Eonnie, Your boss doesn't deserve your effort.” Said the girl who was now getting out of bed approached the older girl.

"But I still need this job, Xiaoting." Yujin replied, she still focused on editing her photos.

Xiaoting then took a deep breath.

" I shouldn't have stopped working at that Minimart." she said.

“This is your last year, you have to focus on your study if you want to get that scholarship.” Yujin replied.

"But Eonnie I can't bear to see you like this, study and work until late like this." Xiaoting said.

"It's ok, photography is my hobby after all, I'm just unlucky to get a super demanding boss like Mr.Park." Yujin replied.

“Don't you want to find a job elsewhere?? The photos you took are too good to be in the daily newspaper.”

“Who would accept an amateur photographer like me, Ting? I’m Still grateful Mr. Park still accepts me, remember we still have to pay the rent for this apartment.".

"I hate being an adult." Xiaoting said again.

"Do you want to go back to the orphanage?" Yujin asked. Xiaoting shook her head.

“Even though I miss Mother Narae, I don't want to go back to living there anymore.” Xiaoting then touched Yujin's shoulder. "Eonnie, I promise after graduation I will help you." Xiaoting said. "And we can move out of this tiny studio apartment."

"Ok, now you should go back to sleep, my work won’t finished if i keep talking to you."

"Eonnie, how about we go to the orphanage this weekend? I miss Mother Narae and the other children.” Xiaoting said ignoring Yujin's order to sleep.

"Okay, Xiaoting. Now go to sleep. "

"Okay Eonnie .." said Xiaoting.

"And please correct your sleeping position, somehow last night you took up almost all the bed space, I had trouble sleeping because of the uncomfortable position." Yujin said again.

"Hehe, it's because yesterday I wasn't feeling well eonnie. So don't sleep too late if you want to secure your sleeping position." Xiaoting then walked back to her bed.

Yujin just shook her head.

"Eonnie, Goodnight." Xiaoting said before closing her eyes

"Goodnight Xiaoting. Sweet dreams." Yujin said, she then continued her work.

***

"Yujin, Xiaoting, I'm glad you came." Mother Narae then hugged her beloved children.

"How are you girls?" she asked again.

"We're fine, Mother.." Yujin replied.

“But you guys are so skinny, do you need money? I told you I can still transfer money to you every month.” Mother Narae said.

"No, the children here still need it more than us." Yujin replied again. "I already have a job after all."

"Okay, but you guys have to promise me to not to be late to eat."

"Okay Mother.." Xiaoting and Yujin said at the same time.

***

Yujin smiled when she saw her shots, the portraits of her friend and the orphanage children who were playing resulted in pictures that she thought were genuine . The smiles of her friend and the children did not seem to describe how cruel the world was. She, Xiaoting, and the children at the orphanage could be said to be the less fortunate because since birth they had never known the words Appa and Eomma, they only know that their parents were Mother Narae and several aunts who often went in and out. However, Mother Narae always makes sure that her foster children are always grateful, she always gives unconditional love to all of her foster children.

Her attention then turned to her best friend Xiaoting, her memory is a little blurry about her first meeting with the girl. How could she not, at that time she was only 3 years old when Mother Narae showed her a beautiful baby who had been left in front of the orphanage. But Mother Narae always told her about how she was always protective of Xiaoting even when she was a baby. Yujin and Xiaoting grew up together, although in the end she had to be willing to be overtaken by her best friend's height.

Since childhood they always do everything together, so when it's time for Yujin to leave the orphanage because of her age, Xiaoting begs to come with her. With a heavy heart, Mother Narae allowed it because Xiaoting kept crying. Mother Narae finally let Xiaoting go but she continued to provide financial support until Xiaoting was 17 years old.

It's been almost 4 years since Xiaoting and Yujin have lived in a big city together, relying on each other. Xiaoting worked part time at a convenience store until finally she was forced out by Yujin because the final exam were approaching. She was determined to graduate quickly and enter university with a full scholarship like Yujin. She promised herself, to change her fate so that she and Yujin could live a better life and move into a bigger apartment.

The sound of the bell was heard, indicating that it was time for lunch for the orphans, they said goodbye to their beloved sisters.

Xiaoting then approached Yujin who had rested leaning against a large tree in the park.

"Eonnie, what are you doing?" Xiaoting asked as she sat down beside Yujin.

Yujin then showed her shots to Xiaoting.

“Wow the results were great, I still think you could do better out there than sticking with your current company.” Xiaoting said.

"I'll consider it, right now my focus aside from college is to pay for our meal and to pay for apartment rent." Yujin replied. Xiaoting then grabbed Yujin's hand.

"Eonnie take it easy, I will graduate soon, I will help you." Xiaoting said with determination. Yujin smiled at that. She then rubbed the top of Xiaoting's head, a habit she often did to show her gratitude .

"Just being beside me is enough, just focus on studying first." Yujin said. She then rested her head on Xiaoting's shoulder.

She then took a deep breath.

“Xiaoting, how do you see yourself in the future?” Yujin asked.

"Hmm.. I've never thought about it, but I definitely want to be rich, I will buy a new, more spacious apartment for us to live in and we don't have to think about what to eat every day. Eonnie, I'll keep you from working until the early hours of the morning again." Xiaoting said.

“You talk like that like we will always live together.” Yujin said.

"Eonnie, aren't we going to live together forever?" Xiaoting asked. Yujin then lifted her head from Xiaoting's shoulder, then looked into her best friend's eyes.

"There comes a time when you will meet the man you love and decide to live with him, maybe in the near future there will even be a time when you will ask me to come home late because you want to be alone with your boyfriend in our apartment." Yujin said again.

"Well Eonnie that won't happen.” Xiaoting protested.

"Hahaha, who knows Xiaoting..." Yujin said.

"Hmm I don't like the direction of our conversation, even if I have a boyfriend later I will ask him to let you stay with me." Xiaoting said with a sullen face. Seeing that Yujin then pinched her friend's cheek.

"Don't frown, you're like 10 years older with a sullen face like that." Yujin said.

"Eonnie, If you get married first, won't you take me to live with you?" Xiaoting suddenly felt sad when she thought of that possibility.

"I thought of never getting married." Yujin replied.

“Then me too! We don't have to get married, so we will

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter