Remember

The Fugitives
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

18 | Remember

 

***

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes in annoyance when she heard Taeyeon snort next to her in the backseat. "Yah!" she can't resist and hit his arm. 

 

"I'm sorry. I just can't get over what happened. How could you roll over in those bushes?" He chuckled and dodge the incoming hit from his girlfriend. 

 

"I hate you." Muttered Tiffany. She turned her head outside as she huff and crossed her arms.

 

"You still got some... leaf in your hair." Taeyeon noticed the little leaf and pick it off. "You're scared with Mr. Butter, I understand... but he really just wants to play. And he's such a good boy for the wound clean in your knee."

 

"It hurts you know. And for your information, his barks are scarier than how my friend gets mad." Tiffany still defends herself.

 

"Tsk, you should try to be friends with them."

 

"Nope. I'm not even going to adopt one."

 

"Oh, so you're an anti-pet?" Taeyeon finds it interesting.

 

"Quiet?" She mumbled without giving him a look.

 

"Okay, I won't push it more. I mean, not all would love to adopt pets." He pinches her cheek playfully only to earn a glare from her. "I'm sorry, hmm?" he can't resist and peck her lips twice.

 

"Do it again." Tiffany's heart flutters that instant.  

 

Giggling, Taeyeon peck on her lips a few times and apologize a couple of times until his girlfriend hugs him. "Aigoo..." he patted her head and back.

 

"Mr. Butter is not as smooth as the real butter." Tiffany mumbles earning chuckle. She giggled in response before she pulled back. "Anyway, what was in your hand earlier by the way?"

 

"Oh, just a small piece of paper. Only my friend will know." Taeyeon flashed a bright smile.  

 

"Chincha? Let me see."

 

"Nope, let's just give it to the owner."

 

"It's Yuri's?"

 

He nodded slowly. "You won't understand what's in it, I swear." 

 

"Okay." Tiffany shrugged her shoulders and smile briefly as her eyes returned outside. She sighs deeply while rubbing the band-aid on her right knee. She unconsciously smiles recalling what happened to her. It was embarrassing but funny at the same time. 

 

 

Letting out a huge exhale, Taeyeon flopped on the sofa together with Tiffany as soon as they reached the living room in Yoona's penthouse. Both looked exhausted after they took the stairs rather than the lift all the way to the place.

 

"You guys really brought the luggage safe and sound, aren't you?" Yuri chuckled as he approach them and handed them glasses of water.


"Who would've thought the lift will be in maintenance at this time of the night? Ugh." Taeyeon groaned taking big gulps of his glass of water. 

 

"Where's Yoong and Seohyun though?" Tiffany creased her eyebrows when she noticed the two are nowhere to be found. 

 

"Seohyun's in his room." Said Jessica as she joined them in the living room, sitting next to her boyfriend in the process.

 

"Have you guys discussed the company, Yul?" Taeyeon wonders.

 

"Yeah, I'll meet with his board of members and the stockholders to discuss and announce my investment. But let's talk about that later, let's gather in his room and watch movies." Yuri announced and before he knows it, Tiffany and Jessica squeals as they sprinted to the room.

 

Taeyeon scoffed and chuckle in disbelief. 

 

"By the way, where's the paper?" asked Yuri when it crossed his mind.

 

"Oh." Checking his pockets, Taeyeon grabs it and handed it to his friend. "Do you recognize the penmanship?"

 

Yuri checks the message and scoffed at how straightforward it is. "Someone is trying to tell me I should take extra careful of my surroundings? I couldn't even think of anyone doing this to me."

 

Taeyeon shrugged his shoulders. "Maybe working in your company?"

 

"But you found this in my room? That means one of my butlers and maids did this."

 

"Yeah, absolutely. Do you have a CCTV in your room or in the hallway?"

 

Yuri shakes his head. "I only have one in the living room. Tsk, whoever is this, this person better show up or I will not hesitate to take legal action once I found out what did this person do."

 

"And I have to agree with that." Taeyeon replied as he finished the water.

 

"Tae, come here now, the new movie is starting." Said Tiffany while she was peeking her head behind the door.

 

"Let's talk about that later too." Without waiting for his friend's response, Taeyeon excitedly joined the others in Yoona's bedroom.

 

Yuri smiled in amusement. 'He has really found his match.' he's happy for his friend to be with someone that will always make him happy. And he's glad it's with someone close to his girlfriend. 

 

Getting up, he folded the paper in his hands and put it in the pocket of his hoodie jacket. He was about to follow his friend when he thought of making snacks for them. So he excitedly sprinted to the kitchen. But while he was preparing it, Jessica walked into the kitchen.

 

"Omo, this is why you're not there yet?" Jessica is surprised to see the bowls of popcorn and chips on the dining table.

 

"And why are you here?" He asked her playfully. "I was going to surprise you guys."

 

"To help you." Jessica giggles as she went to the fridge and grabs the canned sodas.

 

"Get the cheese too. Yoona loves to dip chips in them."

 

"Araso. Let's make some pasta too." Jessica suddenly had an idea.

 

"You know how to make it?"

 

"Yah! I cooked it for you in your villa back then. Tsk." She shakes her head in disbelief. "Come, I'll teach you."

 

Yuri didn't think twice and approached her. He stood by her side as he watches his girlfriend move before his eyes while at the same time taking note of whatever she said including the most important thing. 'She's like a kitchen princess.' his heart is fluttering. 'And I'm the lucky prince. Oh, God, I hope this doesn't stop.'

 

"Yuri. Yah!" Jessica hit his shoulder when she realized he wasn't paying attention.

 

"Yes?" And it took a couple of seconds before he snapped out. "What did you say?"

 

"You spaced out. Tsk. Let's just continue the lecture some other time. We have to finish this before the movie ends." Said Jessica as she decided to focus on the pan. 

 

Yuri sighs. He quietly smiled giddily as he continue to admire his girlfriend.

 

***

 

The next day, Yoona woke up feeling good. He woke up with his friends by his side, both are sleeping soundly. Taeyeon is hugging him while Yuri's right leg is across his body. He usually complains about their antics but he felt protected and loved by what they're doing to him. They're definitely the best people in his life and he is grateful for everything they have done for him. He really appreciates their effort as well to make it work for him and his company.

 

Pulling himself up carefully, he gently pushed Yuri's leg to the side and got out of bed. He pulled the comforter to cover them before he walked out of his room. He found Jessica and Tiffany cuddling in one extra mattress he provide last night in the living room but the third pillow is empty. 

 

'Did she wake up early too?' He thought of Seohyun right away. He walks out and finds the latter sitting on the beach bench, reading a book, still wearing her pajamas. 'Such a nerd.' He thought as he approach her carefully. 

 

"Good morning, Mr. Im." Seohyun greeted him as she looked at him with a bright smile. "How's your sleep?" 

 

"What are you reading in the early morning?" He curiously asked. 

 

"Oh, Harry Potter Book." Seohyun showed the cover. "The sixth book. I'm such a Potter fan." she proudly said as she shrugged her shoulders.

 

"Yeah, obviously." He chuckled softly. "By the way, thanks yesterday." He flashed her a genuine smile. "I really love the company you and your friends have given last night. I thought I had the greatest night ever in my life."

 

"You're lucky you have the bestest friends." Seohyun smiled back. "Anyway..." she stands on her feet and faces him. But she suddenly doesn't know what to say when she realized his gazes are clearer and she realized how soft and happy they were. She is in awe and her heart flutters.

 

"Why?" Yoona softly asks. 

 

Seohyun blink her eyes in a fast manner and she took a deep breath and exhales softly.

 

"What's wrong?" He got curious and stepped closer.

 

"N-nothing." Seohyun hastily stepped backward. But she twisted her right ankle and she's losing her balance. "Omo... Omo..."

 

Yoona widened his eyes and instinctively grabs her arm to pull her back but her other hand grabs the back of his neck and pulled him instead with her, both of them fell on the pool with a loud splash. They both laugh as they swam up and find each other's hair wet and disheveled. 

 

Seohyun suddenly started pushing the water toward him to create some splash. He didn't waste a second and counterattacked her.

 

"Oooh, it's a like we're watching a movie scene." Said Tiffany while she and Jessica are watching from the distance.

 

"Good morning, Noona." Yoona turns to face them and waves his arm in the air while Seohyun hurriedly hides behind him.

 

"Yah! Seohyun! We already saw you!" Jessica shouted and laughs softly. 

 

Peeking her head, Seohyun sent glares to her friends.

 

"Don't mind them." Yoona smiled charmingly. "Let's get out here before we catch a cold." and he offers immediately.

 

Seohyun softened as she nodded instantly while smiling back at him.

 

"She's so whip." Tiffany whispered to Jessica.

 

"I know right? And it's so adorable." Jessica whispered back, giggling in the process with her. 

 

***

 

[Yuri's Villa]

 

After a good breakfast and hanging out with his friends, Yuri drives himself back to the villa feeling determined to solve the mystery of the message. He asked everyone to stand in line outside while he review the CCTV that was captured only at the entrance of the villa and the living room. He however couldn't tell who was suspicious because all of them are working accordingly to their job, especially the maids that cleans the entire villa. 

 

"I should put a new CCTV outside my room." But he realized it was his fault too. 

 

"Mr. Chairman, everyone is ready." Mr. Cha said after he knocks softly on the door.

 

"After you, Mr. Cha." He replied as he close his laptop and got up. He followed him outside wearing his usual business suit. 

 

As he stood before his housekeepers, he eyed them one by one, trying to read their gazes like he was an expert until he reached the end, who are Sooyoung's eyes. The latter briefly smiled at him as he return to his post. She's the only one who's not confused. 

 

"I apologize for calling all of you guys here at this time of the day but... I just have to ask something about this." He said as he hold up the paper on his right hand. "I don't recognize the penmanship but if anyone does, see me in my office later in the afternoon." He gives the paper to Mr. Cha. "Please let each of them see the message, Mr. Cha. Let them write this back on a paper and ask them to include their names on it." He ordered as he walk back inside. 

 

"Yes, Sir." Mr. Cha bowed briefly. 

 

Everyone hastily crowded Mr. Cha including Sooyoung, trying to see what was in there. Most of them are confused especially how the message goes.

 

"So one of us is betraying the chairman?" ask Sooyoung which made the other maids gasp. 

 

"Hell no, it's not me!"

 

"It's neither me!"

 

blah... blah... 

 

"Everyone, let's get back to our work and see me later at lunch break." Mr. Cha announced in a loud voice, causing them to shut up and hastily returned to where they left their work.

 

***

 

It's such a sunny day but Seohyun is back with her part-time jobs. She was waiting for her employer to finish his meeting in a certain restaurant outside when she received a series of photos from Jessica. All of it is from last night's hangout, including her photos with the doe-eyed which never fails to give her butterflies. She can't stop smiling until she noticed that their photos together are quite too close.

 

'Do I... really like him now?' She questioned herself. 'This isn't really like me... Aish.' She shakes her head and was about to delete them but she changed her mind. She sighs in defeat while pouting. 'What's with him that I like him?' She asked herself but she couldn't find an explanation herself. "Whatever." Muttered her as she put her phone down on the table and check her employer inside the restaurant. It had been 2 hours since she drove him to the place and he hasn't stopped talking before those two other guys. "I wonder what's his job?" Mumbles her.

 

Suddenly hearing her phone chimes, her attention shifted hastily to her phone and this time Jessica sent her photos of what was going on in Yoona's company. The latter took a picture with the doe-eyed.

 

Jessica Unnie: He's nervous as heck! But he looks adorable.

 

Thank you for accompanying him, Unnie.

He's cute.

 

Jessica Unnie: It's because Yuri is in the company too. Keke. Being his secretary got some advantages.  

 

Quiet envy. But you deserve to work in a good company, Unnie. I'm proud of you.

 

Jessica Unnie: Thanks, Hyun. ^^ See you later.

 

See you later too, Unnieng.

 

She giggles and closes her phone once again and shifted her attention inside, only to find her employer finally leaving. She grabs his baseball cap and wear it as she immediately went to the car. She opens the door from the backseat and waited until he got inside before she closed it and she hurriedly reclined the driver's seat.

 

"Where to next, Sir?" she asked.

 

"Bring me to this place." The man showed the location through the map on his phone and she casually search it on the car's navigation. 

 

'Isn't this an abandoned place?' She realized the description of the place is out of the city. It's an old building and it made her a bit concerned. 'What will he do there?' 

 

"Can you drive it now? I'm getting late."

 

"Uh, y-yes." She stammers as she hastily the engine and drives off carefully. 'Okay, he must be just going to have some fresh air since it's near the river... let's not overthink, Seo Joohyun. Either way, you've been to a lot of dangerous places before.' She took a deep breath and exhales slowly and glanced at the man. She can't help and check on him, especially his outfit, he is manneristic and she noticed he keeps on checking his briefcase. 'Damn, he's up to something.' She's not sure but she's bracing herself. 'I have a pepper spray in my bag. I can use it.' She remembers placing it before since she started driving someone's car.

 

***

 

Click.

 

Click.

 

Click.

 

Taeyeon chuckled softly when he heard all the clicks from Tiffany who is taking pictures with the actor. They're in a filming set after a fan club called earlier and rented their coffee truck for the day. He wasn't supposed to visit but heard from his staff that Tiffany came down from her work when she learned a drama was being filmed in their hotel. Lots of employees from the hotel too take the opportunity to see the actors and take pictures with them.

 

"Aigoo, I thought she was busy?" He snickers. 

 

"Should I call her, Sir?" his staff as him.

 

"Oh, it's okay." And he smiled friendly as he received the iced coffee handed by his staff. "She's enjoying it. And the actors are on a break, this is their chance." He takes his seat nearby and continues to watch. He unconsciously giggles, laughs, snickers, and took photos of her, talking ever so friendly to the staff too as if she's part of the production. He recorded videos as well and send them to Jessica and Seohyun. 

 

When Tiffany finally noticed he was watching, he put her phone down and wave his hand, smiling charmingly at her. She animatedly runs to him and throws a bear hug to him.

 

"Aigoo, aigoo... my baby has grown." He playfully said. 

 

Tiffany pulled back and glared at him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter