Stay

The Fugitives
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

11 | Stay

 

***

 

Yihyun chuckled when she realized Seohyun is speechless and looked like seen a ghost. She walked inside and look around the place.

 

"Whoa, I can't believe you guys have really moved in. This place looked expensive."

 

Seohyun finally snapped out and confront the younger. "What are you doing here?" 

 

"I should be asking you that... when we have our life in New York, Unnie." Yihyun giggles. She took her seat on the sofa and playfully bounced with it. "You guys are getting comfortable here that it seems you forgot about us."

 

"How'd you know we live here?" Seohyun continued to ask.

 

Yihyun looked at her with a sly smile. "Remember? You asked my sister to send your weapons here. I was just doing my job." She shrugged her shoulders coyly.

 

"So... was it you... it wasn't Jihyun?" 

 

"Oh, you finally figure that out." Snickered Yihyun, getting up and walking to the glass wall. "You blocked my number Unnie, how cruel of you." She muttered.

 

"Why wouldn't I? I'm not sure if you're going to lead us to the police or if you're a friend. I mean, what happened last time in New York was only between the three of us, plus your sister. But that night, we heard sirens from the police." Said Seohyun as she approached the younger girl. She looked at her with a glare.

 

Yihyun tilted her head to her left and smiled. She was about to say something when they both heard a manly voice nearby.

 

"Oh, you have a guest." Yoona smiled awkwardly the moment the two looked at him.

 

"You... are?" Yihyun raised her eyebrows at Seohyun, waiting for her to introduce him to her.

 

"Uh, she's my friend. I think you should get going." Seohyun hastily approaches the doe-eyed and grabs his shoulders and turn him to the right as she began to push him to the door.

 

"What? Aren't you just sending me away?" Yoona looked at her and the stranger in vice versa.

 

"I'm Yihyun by the way." Yihyun introduced herself not leaving her spot as Seohyun send her glares. 

 

"Im Yoona. Nice to meet you, Yihun-ssi." The doe-eyed smiled brightly as he waved his hand as introduced himself as well before he was pushed outside. He wanted to return when the door closes in front of him. "What the?" He scoffed in disbelief. "Is that how she really treat her guest, even in front of a friend? Tsk." He turned and just leave. ". I'm late." But he gasps when he realizes the time. He hastily rushed to the lift before it would close.

 

"Was that your boyfriend?" Yihyun asked with a teasing smile.

 

"Not your business. What do you want and you came?" ask Seohyun coldly. She has no time to chitchat anymore. She wanted to know her intentions.

 

Shaking her head, Yihyun returned to the sofa. "Make me some breakfast first, Unnie." She ordered without hesitations. "I haven't had anything." 

 

Rolling her eyes, Seohyun headed to the kitchen but realized she was still wearing Yoona's shirt, she hastily runs to her bedroom and change into comfortable clothes.

 

"That was obviously her boyfriend." Yihyun mumbled, crossing her arms as she leaned her back on the sofa and enjoy some morning programs on the tv.

 

***

 

"Hold on a second!" Jessica came rushing to the car when she heard it . She hastily opened the door by the passenger seat and instead of seeing the old driver, it was Yuri, looking at her with a proud smile. "I thought you don't know how to drive?" She chuckled.

 

"Of course I do I just don't have a driver's license yet." Yuri revealed. "And today's a different day for me." he flashes a goofy grin.

 

"Then you should be in the backseat. And it's not a different day when you're going to your company." 

 

"Aigoo... it's not like I'm going to work today."

 

"Yeah, I know, but still, go back to the backseat and let your driver drive." She insists.

 

Yuri sighs in defeat. "You should transfer at the back too then." He pouted in the process.

 

"I told you I'm not your secretary to sit beside you. So please, don't be stubborn." Jessica raised her eyebrows and smile playfully.

 

"You just have to actually date me from now on so I will make you like my secretary." He jokes earning a hit on his arm. He chuckled and quickly stepped out of the driver's seat.

 

"Don't forget to fasten your seatbelt, Mr. Chairman." Jessica reminded me as soon as Yuri reclined the backseat.

 

"You should do the same." Yuri chuckled softly as she complied either way. "You know next time, I should get my driver's license already. I want to drive on my own if it's not work-related."

 

"Why didn't you do it before?" asked Jessica as she buckled up her own seat belt.

 

"I was supposed to but father told me that there's no need when we have drivers to drive us."

 

"Perks of being rich, eh?" She teases playfully.

 

Yuri softly giggles. "I guess so."

 

As soon as the driver drives them off, he opened his window and leaned his head back. A smile formed on his lips as he enjoys the ride. Jessica smiles quietly upon noticing it. She didn't say anything and enjoyed the ride as well.

 

-

 

"You're not going inside?" ask Yuri when they reached the entrance of his company.

 

"Nope, I'll stay. Just don't get too long, you know this isn't a work schedule." She reminds him.

 

"Noted." He smiled briefly before stepping out of the car. 

 

As Yuri walk inside, Jessica opened her phone while the driver takes them to a parking lot. She heard her phone vibrates from her bag and realize it was Seohyun. She saw an unread message and opened it casually.

 

Seohyun: Unnie, Yihyun is here. Looks like she had been looking for us.

 

"What?" She gasped when she reads the name. The driver looked at her in surprise. "N-nothing. It's nothing." She awkwardly said and decided to step out of the car. She walks a bit farther from the car and calls the younger girl. It only took a couple of seconds when she heard her voice. "What do you mean?" She greeted her with a question.

 

[Do you remember the weapons I asked Jihyun to send to me in this country? Her sister asked her to look for me to deliver the key to that. She was also the one that sent me messages. Interpol had been really looking for us and wanted us dead or alive back in New York.]

 

The words made Jessica's heart double its pace. "What are we going to do?"

 

[As long as we keep a low profile, I think we're fine, that's what she said.]

 

"What if there are Interpol out here too, how do we-"

 

[We will be fine, I promise. As long as we keep our hair color too, they won't find us.]

 

"This is giving me bad vibes. I mean, Yihyun was even able to find us, I'm sure they would do the same." It's making her anxious at the same time. She had been keeping herself busy in Yuri's mansion not knowing the danger is still out there.

 

[Yeah, you are right. Tsk, if only no police was able to find that last mission of us, we wouldn't be their most wanted right now.]

 

"Is she still there?"

 

[Yup, she's going to stay until tonight.]

 

"So you can't leave then?"

 

[Definitely. Who knows she's going to steal something if I leave her the house.]

 

"Keep an eye on her. I mean, since we left, I don't think we can trust anyone from New York now. It feels like they will ruin everything now that we're doing fine here." She sighs afterward.

 

[Yes, no worries.]

 

"Let's talk about this later when I go home."

 

[Oh, you're finally going home?] Seohyun excitedly asks.

 

"Yeah, I will. You should cook specially for me then." Jessica didn't miss the chance and playfully favored the younger.

 

[Yah, this is really a feast for us. See you later, Unnie.]

 

She giggles and ended the call. However, she can't help and took a deep breath and exhales loudly, thinking back to the possibility of near danger that may happen anytime. 'How are we going to avoid this? What should we do?' She's concerned and anxious. "Aish, I shouldn't be thinking this first." she shakes her head and returned to the car. 

 

"Mr. Chairman's secretary just called, Ms. Park."

 

"Are they coming now?" She asked the driver.

 

"Yup. But let's just wait here." He answered with a brief friendly smile.

 

"Okay." She smiled back as she comfortably leaned into her seat. The driver the radio so the atmosphere in the car isn't that awkward and it makes them sing to the song playing.

 

After some time, Yuri returned with a box of donuts. He immediately shares it with them happily.

 

"Where did you get this?" Jessica finds it funny.

 

"Don't you know? There are donuts in my company's cafeteria." He explained as he took a bite of his chocolate donut.

 

"Chincha?" 

 

"And there are expensive restaurants too, Ms. Park." The driver added, smiling amusingly at her.

 

Jessica is agape. "Just how big is this building?" And she chuckled.

 

"Maybe as big as a mall?" Yuri shrugged his shoulders.

 

She scoffed and just enjoy her donut. 

 

"Where to next?" The driver asked after finishing only one donut.

 

"To the hospital."

 

"What? I thought we were going to the park?" Yuri exclaimed the moment he heard it. He was not ready to know the result yet and it suddenly made his heart skip a beat.

 

Jessica laughs. "I got ya. We're going to the park, Ahjussi." She immediately told the driver and the latter drive them off. 

 

Yuri is speechless. He is still in shock that he got pranked in just a second. 

 

"Mianhe." She apologized, giggling in the process.

 

***

 

While he busy accepting orders in his cafe, Taeyeon heard his phone rings in his pocket. He handed the tray to the customer before taking it out. He rolled his eyes in annoyance when he read his cousin's contact id flashes on the screen. He isn't close with them but whenever they call him, he knew he'll ask a favor or something, especially when he's still in college.

 

"Hey." He just nonchalantly answered while making the iced americano.

 

[Hyung, can you pick me up?]

 

"Where's your car?" 

 

[I... I kind of - I mean, my friend... he borrowed it.]

 

"He borrowed it or he rented it?"

 

[Hyung, come on, I'm in a hurry. I'm going to be late.]

 

"Ha! That's not my problem at all." He chuckled as he handed the drink to the customer. His staff took the next customer and he grabs the chance to step out off the counter. "Go take a bus instead."

 

[But you know I don't have a bus card. It's better if you drive me to school, please? You're just a distance away from me right now.]

 

"What? How'd you know I'm-"

 

[I'm across your cafe right now, it's you wearing that blue polo shirt, aren't you?]

 

Taeyeon widened his eyes. He hastily headed to the door and found his cousin across the road. "Aish, this jerk."

 

[Anyeeeong!!!] His cousin waves his arm in the air.

 

"Go take a bus! I'm busy out here, Dong-hwi-ah!" He insisted but before he can end the call, his cousin crossed the road. And at the same time, he saw Tiffany's scooter is coming. "Yah!" He shouted and runs in panic. "Stop right there!" 

 

Dong-hwi did stop in the middle of the road and when he turns his head to the right, a scooter is coming to him. He close his eyes ready for the impact but he didn't feel anything. Instead, he heard a crash. As he opens his eyes, "Omo, Miss!" He hastily rushed to the scooter.

 

Tiffany crushed into the pile of boxes, wincing a bit on his waist.

 

"You alright, Donna-ssi?" ask Taeyeon worriedly after he pulled the scooter to the side. He took her helmet off and check her head, shoulders and so as her arms. He only found a little cut on her right forearm. He sighs in relief.

 

"Ugh, just a little hurt on my right side." said Tiffany while rubbing the sore part. 

 

"Thank God, you weren't hurt that bad." Said Taeyeon. But he looked up to Dong-Hwi and sends him glares. "This is your ing fault!"

 

"Wha-what?! You ask me to stop so I stop. How is that my fault?" Dong-hwi shrugged his shoulders. "And do you guys know each other?" he looked at them in vice versa.

 

Taeyeon rolled his eyes. He didn't bother to answer as he help Tiffany up and take the clouds of dust off of her. 

 

"You know each other too?" Tiffany raised her eyebrows.

 

"Yes, I'm Dong-hwi." The latter introduced himself with a friendly yet goofy smile.

 

Taeyeon hold his hand rather. "She's Donna and you are late, Dong-hwi. Go-"

 

"Drive me or give me money for the fare." Dong-hwi interrupted as he hold out his hand still.

 

"I told you I'm-"

 

"Where are you going? I can drive you." Tiffany didn't think twice and offered.

 

"What? After what he has done?" However, Taeyeon didn't like it.

 

"Chincha? You have a spare helmet, Noona?" Dong-hwi got excited.

 

"No, she's not going-"

 

"It's okay, Tae. I'm free at the moment." Tiffany went to her scooter and pulled it up to stand.

 

"But we can tell if your scooter is alright. I mean..." Taeyeon didn't finish his sentence as Tiffany the engine and sounds fine. 

 

"I'm his cousin by the way, Noona." Dong-hwi smiled proudly.

 

"Oh, no wonder you got a little look the same as him." Tiffany giggled, handing the other helmet to the younger. 

 

Taeyeon sent glares to his cousin.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter