The new students

Fake & True

Twice Academy was a renowned school that over the centuries had been involved in welcoming and educating vampires from all over the world. In addition to being boys and girls from different places there were also various types of vampires: the purebloods, the vampires who drew on the physical and mental strength of others, the half human and half vampires and many others.

What combined all these vampires was their thirst for blood and the advancement of age that stopped at twenty-five. However, this characteristic could not be associated with every vampire, as some could continue to age even up to forty, but the cause of that phenomenon was unknown.

The school was run by twin pure blood, who had always wanted to help and educate all the vampires that needed it.

One morning that seemed to be like all the others, the elder of the two brothers had gathered all the students in the lecture hall with great urgency. He clapped his hands hard to get their attention "I need ten minutes to tell you something, it's important"

In the huge room there was finally silence and the man found several pairs of eyes on him "as you know there is a threat looming over our race, many vampires are dying and we have not yet been able to understand what the cause may be, we only know that there is someone behind all this. Because of this my brother and I have decided to bring forward the curfew time" he had stopped talking due to the confusion of his students "shut up! I have another news: since we know nothing about the threat that hangs over us we have decided to do a twinning with some schools of humans, so as to have more help and to get you used to having them close. Are there any questions?"

A girl with a confident and determined gaze raised her hand and started talking without waiting for consent "why do you think humans can help us? They are weak"

Another girl with long black hair looked at her angrily "be careful how you talk about my father's race, "

"Otherwise what will you do? I'm curious, Momoring" in the blink of an eye she found herself in front of the brunette with a smirk on her face.

"Nayeon get it over with this attitude, the headmaster is starting to lose his temper and I don't think you want to be punished again" the girl who had just spoken took Nayeon's hand, squeezing it tightly "you have to stop arguing with everyone"

Momo seemed grateful for the intrusion of Nayeon's friend "thanks Jeongyeon, at least you're sane"

"I didn't do it for you, I did it for my friend. Next time, sew up your mouth or no one will come to save your "

The principal was clapping loudly, visibly unnerved "whether you like it or not you will have to learn to live with humans and I won't accept arguments or complaints. From tomorrow the classes will be changed according to the results of the tests you will take shortly. Go to class and do your best, it's for the good of all"

All the students followed his words and returned to their classrooms, some muttering and others in silence. Momo sat down heavily in the chair and removed the headphones from the ears of her best friend, who was blissfully sleeping on the desk "Dahyun, why did you stay here? You skipped the headmaster's speech"

Dahyun stretched before looking at her friend with a sleepy look "I don't like being in the lecture hall, there are too many vampires who think they are the best to bear"

"From tomorrow we will have to manage the humans too, we are about to make a twinning with them. Apparently they will help us eliminate the threat that hangs over us all"

The other girl had started laughing, but seeing Momo's serious expression she immediately stopped doing it "I can't believe it, they really want us to be with them? What do we do if there are vampire hunters in disguise?"

Momo shrugged "they will be careful to choose the right people and it makes no difference to me because I will finally be able to interact with people of my father's race"

"I don't want to hurt your feelings, but I don't think humans will be friendly to you just because you're half like them"

"Correction: I'm a human for a third, I took some tests the other day and my vampire side is predominant"

Dahyun had rolled her eyes "worse yet, you are almost a complete vampire and frankly I doubt having a human parent would make you any different in their eyes"

"You're just envious" she had taken her history book to finish reading the chapter started the night before: one of the specialties of the school was the study split between that carried out in human schools and another entirely devoted to vampires; the two principals had a deep respect for the 'weak race' and wanted to pass it on to their students as well.

"You're probably right" she was getting up slowly.

"Where are you going? The tests will start soon"

The blonde had taken the snack she had in her backpack "I'm going to the bathroom to have breakfast, it will take very little time"

"That won't help you fill you up, you need blood" Momo grabbed her wrist "I have an extra vial and you should take advantage of it, you can also feel full by eating human food, but if you don't feed on blood you will even become weaker of a child"

"I don't want that stuff, we've already talked about it" she broke free from her grip with a brusque movement "and don't look at me like that, I'm fine"

The brunette looked at her best friend as she was exiting the classroom, witnessing the small collision between her and Nayeon "look where you go, you fake vampire"

"You should do the same thing, you "

The collision of Dahyun's body against the wall was heard in all the classrooms on that floor "do you still have the courage to answer badly after what happened last week? Do you want me to hit you again? You're weak to the point your wounds take a lot to heal"

"Nayeon, that's enough" Jeongyeon pulled her away effortlessly "we must focus on the things to do today and try to ally with each other before the humans arrive"

"It's already the second time you stop me, don't tell me you feel sympathy for her and for the half human" she was looking at her with disappointment "you are my best friend and you should be on my side"

"I'm not on anyone's side, now move or I'll kick your until you're perfectly seated in your chair"

Nobody in the school, except the professors and the two principals, had the courage to talk to her like that given her bad temper, but it was known that Nayeon had a particular weakness for Jeongyeon "okay, no need to threaten me" she took her arm in arm, smiling as if nothing had happened "tonight I expect a nice goblet of blood in front of the fireplace, how do you think?"

"It's the same, I just need to stay out of trouble" they joined their class calmly.

Dahyun had returned to sit next to her best friend, slamming the mashed snack on the latter's counter "you eat it, my appetite is gone"

 

 

 

 

Near the structure that served as a school there were not very high buildings equipped with small apartments for one person or shared by couples. Another building had recently been built, larger than all the buildings in which vampires lived, so as to allow humans to be together in total safety.

The tests performed that day by the vampires were identical to those that the humans had performed: they were simple multiple choice quizzes, which contained questions of general knowledge and personal opinions. The purpose of the two principals was to create balanced classes on a cultural and mental level, without worrying about dividing the two races perfectly in half.

"I'm sure we will be in the same class, we always study together and we have the same mentality on many of the topics in the tests" Momo was intent on pouring one of her vials of blood into a cup of milk, under the horrified gaze of her roommate.

"It's very likely, but please don't make these concoctions in front of our new class mates or you will terrorize them"

The brunette took a sip, proving satisfied "you don't know what you're missing, I'm serious. You are lucky enough to be able to feed on both and I assure you that mixing everything gives life to fantastic and unique flavors"

"I trust your word for it"

"Can I ask you a question?"

"You just made one, but keep going"

The cup Momo was holding in her hands was almost empty "how do your powers work? Few of you are able to absorb each other's energy, but none of you ever use this ability. It would be really useful in a fight"

"It is not very easy to use because it requires a lot of concentration and the immobility of the person from whom you want to steal the energy. The last thing is not essential if the vampire capable of absorbing energy regularly feeds on blood, but this isn't my case"

"You would be very strong if you stopped limiting you, a drop of blood every two weeks is enough to barely keep you on your feet and I am sincerely worried about you"

Dahyun was looking at her hands "it's a great power, so much so that it is a double-edged sword because it makes you greedy for both blood and energy and often leads to self-destruction, but the good thing is that with that power is impossible kill someone. One is able to exhaust mentally and physically but it doesn't kill, this is the only pride of being a psi-vampire"

"In short, your power works a bit like a parasite, right? It's fascinating, use it on Nayeon the next time she dares to get her hands on you"

"She's a pureblood, she'd take my head off immediately after understanding my intentions. Our strength is not comparable" she was turning the pen in her fingers "it would be fun to see her slump to the ground and ask for forgiveness, but it doesn't matter"

Momo was observing her best friend with attention: she had known her for a long time and knew more than anyone else about the goodness contained in that girl, but at the same time she had always felt a hint of darkness in her. However she didn't care, she knew she could stay calm and her thoughts returned to focus on twinning with humans "from tomorrow many things will change and I can't wait to start"

 

 

 

 

The next day, at the behest of the heads of the school, the humans chosen to attend the institute had all gathered in the lecture hall to be informed of the situation in which they were. Even among all those boys and girls, noticed with a smile the two adult vampires, there were some filled with enthusiasm and others with the most annoyed expression they had ever seen, just like the students they were used to.

"First of all we give you a warm welcome, we are really happy to have you here with us and we hope with all our heart that this experience will be as pleasant as possible"

The older of the two had a sheet in his hands "to begin I propose to get rid of the most boring part by listing the rules immediately" he waited for silence before continuing "the first rule says to respect everyone present in the school, no one excluded, while the second tells you not to go out at night and respect the curfew, instead the third and final rule requires you to always be accompanied by a vampire when going out from the campus"

"There are only three rules, yet they are terribly disgusting" muttered a girl with short hair and a murderous look "having to stay here is already a punishment"

Although she had spoken in a low voice in the midst of that indistinct chorus of voices, her disappointment had not gone unnoticed by the two vampires. The older had set his eyes on her and the room fell silent "I am very sorry for this inconvenience, but despite your prejudices and that of many others in this room I hope to be able to establish a bond of trust with each of you. I know that banning you from leaving the confines of the school alone is a considerable nuisance, but it is for your safety. You know that this new threat is also affecting humans and it is precisely for this reason that the principals of your schools have agreed to let you stay here, to protect you and make you stronger"

"Having said that as soon as you are out of here you will be given a sheet with the number of your class and that of your room written on it. At the bottom you will find an adhesive strip to remove, there will be written the code of your locker and the door of the your accommodation. You can go to class, our students are waiting for you" he smiled kindly, making a little bow despite being much older than everyone present "have a nice stay in our school, your help will be precious"

The humans rushed out of the lecture hall, some caught in total excitement and others with the urge to move to ease the tension a little. The girl who had 'challenged' the two principals was standing in the middle of the corridor, intent on staring at the sheet "class number nine on the second floor. Apartment number two on the fifth floor, not bad"

"I have already found my roommate and a classmate at the same time, what luck" a girl taller than her was staring at her "at this point I guess I have to introduce myself, my name is Sana"

"Jihyo, nice to meet you. I will need an ally in this bad place full of blood " they were walking to go to class "are you a natural blonde?"

Sana looked at the tips of her hair with interest "unfortunately not, does this color fit me well?"

"To tell the truth, blond doesn't suit you at all"

"You're not the first to tell me, maybe I should really change color. Being too conspicuous is not exactly the best for someone like me"

In front of the door of their classroom there were two other girls, who seemed undecided about what to do "knock and then we go in at the same time" said the shorter one.

"Why me? I told you I have anxiety and it doesn't seem nice of you to want me to go first"

"Take off, I'll be in first" interjected a very tall girl with a dull look, who opened the door without even knocking and entered in complete tranquility.

The two girls were looking at each other in amazement "what courage, she came in immediately" whispered the shorter one.

Jihyo had approached the two, giving a quick glance at the ajar door "are you going to stay out here all day?"

"Ask Mina, I told her to knock and she doesn't want to make up her mind to do it"

The other girl rolled her eyes "we barely knew each other and you're already starting to annoy me"

"Come on, you follow me" Sana broke in gently, opening the door with confidence and entering the classroom without the slightest hint of fear. She was truly charming, to the point of convincing the two shy girls to do the same, followed by Jihyo.

There were only nine individual desks, a teacher's desk and a blackboard, but despite being a very small classroom it was quite welcoming. They all took their seats, contenting themselves with the remaining desks.

Nayeon was watching all the newcomers, paying particular attention to the taller one of all "she's y, how long do you think it will take me to get her to bed?" she was whispering, knowing that Jeongyeon could hear her without a problem.

"I don't know, but if I were you I would avoid mixing too much with them. I remind you that they are different from us"

"You are always so impassive and you never want to have fun, I almost prefer this idiot to you. Right, fake vampire?" she kicked the chair of her favorite blonde, who was sitting across from her.

Dahyun had clenched her fists, inhaling deeply so as not to get angry "I would like to be left alone for at least a day"

Mina was watching the scene with curiosity and concern "Chae, maybe they're not that different from us, they even dislike each other" she whispered to her new friend.

"It seems logical to me, it is impossible to please anyone, even if I would have expected at least a minimum of tolerance from an almost extinct race"

"Hey idiots, we can hear you even if you whisper" Nayeon stood up, walking elegantly between the desks and stopping in front of the two who had just spoken "it's true that we don't all get along, but I can assure you that, unlike you stupid humans, we know how to cooperate in times of difficulty. We do not argue for silly reasons as you do"

Sana had grabbed her wrist tightly "you're terrifying them, pointed teeth"

"I sense hatred towards me, you must have bad tastes if you don't like me" she freed her wrist from the grip very easily, placing herself in front of her at close range "touch me again and you will be left with only a body devoid of blood, ready to be used as a puppet"

The blonde didn't look intimidated at all, she was just disgusted "I fervently hope for the extinction of your bloodsucker race, cheap vampire"

Nayeon smiled in amusement, ready to slam her against the wall with the force necessary to smash her head. She couldn't do it because of a desk that collided with her leg "I'm already in a bad mood, don't force me to take your head off"

"Stop acting like a child and sit down" Momo was serious and vaguely threatening "they are people and they deserve respect just like we deserve it, but by behaving like this we will only get hate on both sides"

"You are all terribly boring" she pushed the desk hard towards her owner.

The humans stood with bated breath, but Momo had quietly stopped the object with a single finger "better be boring than impulsive like you" she showed a thumb up to the humans, receiving attention only from Mina and Chaeyoung "come on, how ungrateful"

"I didn't ask you to get in the way of our discussion and I have no reason to be friendly with you" Sana had her hair tied in a high ponytail, aware that she had the blonde vampire's eyes on her neck.

"We have some tough months ahead" muttered the brunette, taking a vial of blood and a donut from her backpack.

"Please eat them separately" Dahyun looked like she was going to throw up.

Momo had already spilled her blood on her breakfast "absolutely not, I would ruin one of the most important meals of the day"

The two purebloods weren't paying attention, the blonde wanted to jump out the window, the two friends sitting at the first row were looking at the bloody donut with curiosity, the tall girl was busy looking at her nails, Sana had raised her eyebrows and Jihyo was looking at Momo with disgust.

"Enjoy your meal!" she said eagerly before starting to eat. 

 

 

 

~~~

I'm really excited to be finally able to start this story and I hope you will like it!🍀