Ikapitong Seventh Minus Three and Isang-Half

Jumbo Hotdog, Kakayanin Ko

Short update muna tayo, hehe.

 

----------

 

Karina's POV


Gi and I are currently in the mall riding an escalator papuntang 3rd floor. Until now, I can't stop smiling because of what happened earlier. I looked at the pastic na hawak ko with a siopao inside and di ko parin mapigilan yung ngiti sa labi ko. Di na pala ko bumili ng milktea kanina, sapat na yung binigay ni Miss Stranger Cutie, rawr. Lol.


Oh my gosh, napakacute niya talaga. Her panicked face made her even more adorable. I gushed mentally while thinking of that beautifully handsome face.


"Let's head to the Hermès first. I've heard that they have new arrivals today and maybe we can find something we like."


Gi's statement woke me up from my daydream. I turned towards her, still smiling. "Sure. Let's buy an early dinner here na rin tapos kainin nalang natin sa inyo since I am staying over naman tonight."


We have a dorm near dito but we are staying sa Golden Gates tonight 'cause we just feel like it.


Gi looked at me confusedly. "You're staying over tonight? Says who?"


I blinked at her innocently. "Says me."


She playfully rolled her eyes and raised an eyebrow at me. "Desisyon ka, girl?"


"Of course, Vin Giselle."


She gasped and looked around kung may nakarinig before hitting my arm. "Rina! I told you to stop calling me that!"


I pouted while rubbing my fake injury. "And I told I won't stop calling you that," I smirked smugly, "So what's the point?"


She pointed at me. "You and your annoying soul will meet your rival one day." She said sassily and fasten her walk the moment we stepped out of the escalator.


I stifled my laugh while I ran after her and placed my arm around her shoulders nang maabutan ko siya. "Eto naman, inis agad this girl? Libre mo nalang ako so we're cool na."


"What- Ako pa talaga manglilibre ah!" She's about to hit me again so I immediately grabbed her hand and twirled her like we're dancing before running way laughingly from my raging Japanese bestfriend.


"Katarina Yu!"


----------


We just got home from our shopping spree with me shouldering the bill as per order of the heiress of Uchinaga family, Aeri Giselle Uchinaga. Deserve ko raw for ruining a bit of her honor by calling her Vin Giselle in public kanina. Well, I think the nickname is pure genious kaya. Agree ba kayo?


We went to her room and tinabi muna yung mga binili namin. We set the mini foldable table in the middle and prepared our dinner afterwards. Yup, we are sitting on the floor.



"That's what ate Irene said na atleast three days a week after class, we will go to the company branch here for extra lessons, two hours duration. You know, business things. Salitan daw ang mga ate kung sino pinakaavailable sa kanila that time. Baka raw kasama rin si ate Krystal sa magtuturo sa atin. They said that our parents agreed to this at hinayaan silang gumawa ng desisyon."


"Ugh. Iniisip ko palang, napapagod na ko. Bawal bang one day nalang? Ate Krystal maybe fun and outgoing with us but she's scary when it comes to giving lectures, Rina! And guess what? Your sisters are even more scarier!" Such a drama queen.


Ate Krystal is Gi's older cousin from her mother's side. She's training as well bilang future COO of Jung Enterprises. Her sister, ate Jessica, is the CEO naman of their company.


Nakakatakot talaga sila ate when giving lectures. Sina ate Joy at ate Yeri lang talaga ang chill pa rin compared to them. Frankly, I won't believe na those two are CMO at CFO kung di ko sila kilala since they're such a chaotic duo. Together with my unnies, they're 'mamaws' in their line of work. I learned this word from ate Yeri.


"Yes, I know. That's why me...," I picked a piece of tonkatsu with my chopsticks and pointed it towards me, "...the bestest friend you've ever had, negotiated with the unnies and made a deal with them na if we take those lessons religiously and do a fantastic job, we are free to ask for anything basta reasonable and won't risk our safety."


Gi looked at me unbelievingly. "Really? The ate Yu twins don't even allow you that easily kahit sa mga overnight sa bahay ng friends natin before."


I answered back. "Oo nga, kahit tanungin mo pa sila."


Gi gasped and excitingly grabbed my shoulders. "Oh my god! Then we can have our getaway after the finals?!"


"Not just that Gi, we can even ask them to let us go freely sa lahat ng future trips din natin this year! Pag different country daw, dapat kasama sila or may kasamang bodyguards. We can use the private plane and even the ones that ate Wendy owns!"


At first, ayaw pang pumayag nila ate since strict sila sa akin lalo na pagdating sa mga overnight sa ibang bahay kahit na malapit pa yan. The Uchinaga residence and the other ates' house are the only exception for that since we're practically family y'all.


Nasanay na kasi silang bine-baby ako lagi ever since I was a kid. Although sumosobra na minsan, I know that nagagawa lang nila yun out of love. Kailangan mo lang talaga silang kausapin ng maayos.


She squealed and bounced like a kid on her seat. "I declare right now that we'll ace whatever they prepared for us. We'll definitely go on that trip!"


Yes, we will!


"You're welcome, Vin Giselle. Ako lang 'to." I smirked proudly at her and playfully stood up to bow at my imaginary audience. I even blew some kisses. Lol.


I snickered because she looks so done with me. Well, that's the goal fellas.


"Why the long face, Vin Giselle?" I even stole a piece of her tempura to annoy her even more.


"Koroeyaru, Yu Jimin!"


'Ginera' niya muna ko as what ate Yeri called it when she tells stories about sa mga babaeng sinusugod yung mga third party at kumakabit sa asawa nila na napapanood niya from facebook.


"Ay, sabi din pala ni ate Joy na si ate Wendy din magtuturo satin pag free siya. Nabudol niya raw with a little bit of her lambing and beauty. Sana all, charot!" I said laughingly pagkatapos kong pakalmahin ang bestfriend ni Paul Walker- Oops, bestfriend ko pala by promising her another sponsored shopping spree. Goodluck to my wallet. Lol!


Ate Wendy is a pilot, an aerospace engineer, the newly appointed CEO of Son Aircraft five months ago, and one of the sweetest people on earth. Son Aircraft is a Canadian multinational aerospace corporation, their family company. She's ate Joy's girlfriend for four years now. Ang expert mang-uto ni ate Joy, no? Lol.


She snorted. "Anong sana all? Eh marami ka na talagang nabudol with that face of yours."


Gi spoke again before I can even reply. "And by the way," She furrowed her eyebrows and stared at me weirdly. "You've been staring at that siopao while smiling like a creep since you came back from the milktea stall kahit wala ka namang biniling milktea! Is there some sort of hex in there?"


"The last time I check, there's none naman."
I said while nakangiting tumingin ulit sa siopao na katabi ng plato ko.


"You won't even eat it! And when I tried to hingin it from you, you immediately declined like a woman on a mission! And you didn't even tell me the details when I asked you why earlier!" Gi complained and crossed her arms childishly.


I shrugged like it's not a big deal, still smiling. "Nothing much happened. It's just a certain stranger cutie gave this to me earlier."


Gi stared at me incredulously and even stole a piece of my beloved tonkatsu to see if I'm joking or not. I'll let it pass this time Vin Giselle. "What certain cutie? And you just accepted it like that?! You never accept any gifts from your manliligaws but you accepted a piece of siopao from a stranger and it's only the first day of class?!"


I took the siopao from the small plate and finally took a bite from it. "Yup, that's pretty much it." I opened the sauce and poured it over. "Atleast she's sincere. And you know they were just feeling manliligaws kasi di naman ako pumayag magpaligaw. Those arrogant meatheads only know how to show off and spend their parents' money."


I admit that I was a tiny bit disappointed nung tumakbo siya palayo. Pa touch-touch siya ng kamay ko tapos bigla nalang tatakbo, hmph! Lol. But the kilig is real na talaga when she came back and gave me this siopao, hihi. I don't even know what went through my mind when I said and did those things. Even so, her reactions were priceless!


Gi raised an eyebrow at me. "So, it's a she. I know you, Karina Yu. What did you do that led her on giving you that siopao 'cause I'm sure as hell that you did something. And it's the first day of class for goodness sake!"


I'm openly biual to my family and friends by the way. Gi's the straight one sa amin.


"Bawal bang nagandahan lang siya sakin kaya binigyan niya ko ng siopao?!" I poorly defended myself.


She just kept staring at me knowingly. I let out an embarassed smile since her words are true naman kaya I told her everything that happened earlier. I even emphasized how handsomely beautiful Miss Stranger Cutie is, hihi.


"Seriously, Rina?!" Gi said with widened eyes. It was funny to watch how her eyes kept widening little by little habang nagkukwento ako. "Good thing that she ran away from your flirty annoying ! You getting her number will only bring bad luck to the poor girl!"


I faked a cough 'cause that happened already in an unexpected way. I rubbed the back of my neck and smiled at her nervously. "Uhm, uh... I sort of.. already got it hehe."


I showed her the paper that I got from my pocket na may nakasulat na phone number at short note.


Gi's eyes widened even more sa hawak ko. She immediately took it from me and read the contents silently. She suddenly set aside our table and stood up. She grabbed a pillow from her bed then started hitting me with it repeatedly.


"You shameless annoying flirty Korean species of a woman! You have got to be kidding me right now!"


Im not, Gi. Trust me, I'm not. Hihi. Pray for my soul, guys.


----------


I'm finally in peace playing gardenscapes on the bed with my sleeping best friend beside me. I survived the Japanese Civil War! Lol. It took a lot of explanation and great endurance sa mga hampas niya. Gi and I both play volleyball so imagine the force coming from the hits of the nanenermong Japanese woman. Expected ko na rin naman yung magiging reaction niya because I'm not really the type of person who do those things, you know? The things I did earlier to Miss Stranger Cutie na ang sarap pisilin ng cheeks!


I made it clear to her din a while ago na I don't have any bad intentions no! Ang bait ko kaya. She suddenly became amused by the way I said it kasi I look like a kid defending himself daw. She said na bahala na daw ako and she'll just watch how everything will unfold nalang because she has a lot of trust in me.


Hindi pa ko nagkakaroon ng boyfriend or girlfriend to be honest. The feeling manliligaws are not counted since I didn't date any of them. I just went on random dates with a few people like the lunch or dinner type of thing with either small talks or them talking highly about themselves in an attempt to impress me. All didn't work out, obviously.


My mind went through the paper with Miss Stranger Cutie's number on the bedside table. I exited the game and used my phone as a source of light and took the now very crumpled paper. I opened it and added the number to my contacts.


Miss Stranger Cutie


I don't even know why I'm smiling like a fool right now. Ime-message ko ba siya? For what naman? Thank you sa libreng pa-siopao and ang gandang pogi mo po, ganun? Lol. Bahala na nga. Don't think too much and just let the two thumbs do the work nalang. Right, that's it.


To: Miss Stranger Cutie


Hey, Miss Stranger Cutie. I hope you don't mind na nakuha ko yung number mo. Miss me? I'm sure you do ;) Think about me before you sleep, good night :*


P.S. This is my personal phone number btw, i-save mo ah hihi. Future textmates? 🤭👉👈


I quietly giggled as I send the message. Direct and just the right amount of playful flirting. I can imagine her reaction na while reading this message. So cute!


Sent 11:38pm


Maybe we can be friends? Just textmates? Aquaintaces? Lovers?- Joke lang. Speed lang no? Lol. I don't know at all.


But I'm sure as hell na I want to know her more.


----------


Hello, hello, hello! Sorry sa mga errors or typos kung meron man and feel free to comment as usual. Nakakatuwa kasi yung mga hanash niyo, thank you for that 😇 Ingat kayo palagi and happy reading!

 

P.S. Sino nga ba ang nagbigay ng number ni Wintot kay Mareng Kars? 🤔🤭