Growing closer

The forbidden relationship
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jahoon: Alright guys! We are back home now and you are free to go to do whatever you want but still behave yourself.

The girls walked out of the car tired. It was understandable since they have been performing almost back to back from early morning to now late in the night. They all deserved some rest. I got out of the car and called for Dahyun.

Jahoon: Dahyun! Wait a moment.

The other girls looked at her for a moment and then continued to walk back to their dorm, leaving Dahyun and me alone.

Jahoon: I know that you are probably very tired right now and want to rest but do you want me to take you up on the offer now or do you want to wait for later?

Dahyun: It is okay unnie. Now would be fine or else I wouldn’t be able to sleep, I think.

Jahoon: Sure. I know a very good café nearby. Should we try that one or do you have one in mind?

Dahyun: Unnie’s choice is fine.

Dahyun smiled brightly at me. I couldn’t help but smile to myself and pat her on her head. Even though she had a kind of cold appearance, she was a very sweet girl and you just wanted to take care of her. We began walking down the street while talking. Since it was late at night there weren’t many people walking around which was good because Dahyun could feel comfortable without worrying about anyone seeing her.

Jahoon: You are still very young, Dahyun. Kids normally your age would be in school and walk around spending time with their friends. What made you want to be an idol? It mustn’t have been an easy decision to make.

Dahyun: It wasn’t at first but when you fall in love with something you get determined to be available to do it no matter how hard it is.

Jahoon: You are really more mature than I thought. I mean it as a compliment.

Dahyun giggled at me and shook her head.

Dahyun: Don’t worry unnie. I understand. I have heard it a lot, so it is normal for me now. What about you unnie? Have you ever had a dream that you are fighting for right now?

Jahoon: I’m studying to become a lawyer right now.

Dahyun: Lawyer? That sounds amazing! What made you choose to be a lawyer out of all possible careers?

I suddenly stopped and grew quiet at the unexpected question. Dahyun stopped and turned around to look at me.

Dahyun: I’m sorry if I hurt or offended you by asking.

Jahoon: It’s alright since you didn’t know. You don’t have to apologize for it. I had a very special person when I was a kid but…. They got killed and the justice system didn’t help at all. She never got justice and all of the people who were supposed to help us get justice for her didn’t do anything at all. They didn’t even care how we were feeling. They didn’t update us about the progress in the case and in the end, the person who did it was available to walk away free. Even when I told them I saw everything and saw who did it, they still didn’t care.

Rage began to fill my body and my hands turned into fists. I could feel my nails stabbing into my palms but all I could feel was rage. My jaw tightened and I felt like I was about to explode and hit somebody or something when all of a sudden Dahyun hugged me. It caught me by surprise and my guard fell down for a moment. I wanted to push her away but she kept hugging me until I calmed down.

Dahyun: I’m so sorry that you had to go through something so awful like that. No one should have gone through that at all. I understand why you want to be a lawyer.

Dahyun pulled a bit away from me but still had her arms around me. She looked at me with worry.

Jahoon: I don’t want anyone to go through the same thing as I did. I want to become the best lawyer in the world. A lawyer that people can fully trust and know that they get justice for their friends and family.

Dahyun: And I believe that you will succeed. I believe in you unnie.

Jahoon: Thank you but this shouldn’t be about me right now. The reason we are out here right now was because you had something you wanted to say to me.

Dahyun: But I also want to know more about you unnie~

Dahyun pouted with puppy eyes. My heart melted at the sight of it.

Jahoon: Alright alright. I will tell you everything you want to know about me but let’s go inside the café first because it’s freezing cold out here right now.

We walked to the café and got inside, sitting at a table in the corner of the room for pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter