Chapter 9

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"J-jennie? Is that really y-you?" Lisa's looking directly at my eyes while I'm still glaring at her.

" I am seeing those cat-like eyes again in my illusion but why is she glaring at me," she closes her eyes hardly then shooks her head. She opened it again but didn't bother looking at where we were standing and she continued eating her food.

"Did she see you?" Chaeyoung asks completely astounded.

"Did she?" I asked again after collecting my thoughts. Did we just have eye contact earlier? And she talked to me. God, she saw me glaring at her.

Chaeyoung shrugs. "Nah, I think she's just hallucinating."

"You're really breaking the mood, aren't you?" Mock was laced in my voice and we followed Lisa as she washes her plates.

"No, I'm repairing the mood," she said sarcastically and motioned me to follow her as she went near Lisa.

"I know you can see us. Stop ignoring me, love," Chaeyoung pouts at Lisa who's not giving any glance at her.

"What love are you talking about?"

"Relax your jealous . You'll thank me later," she said then she appeared in front of Lisa and attempts to lean her face on my girlfriend.

"Chaeyoung!" I warned and was about to pull her face away but I was stopped from the loud clanking of broken plates that were scattered on the ground and Lisa who suddenly took a step back and her body shaking uncontrollably. She had her big doe eyes looking back and forth from me then to Chaeyoung then to me then to Chaeyoung again. She did that for a quite time and her hand suddenly leaned at the table for support because it made her dizzy.

Chaeyoung lets out a low laugh. "She's cute."

"Are you okay?" I took a step forward but she also took a step backward and it made her lose her balance. A loud thud was heard.

"Ouch," she rubs the hurt part and swears at her clumsiness.

"She's clumsy but she's still my cutie," Chaeyoung snickered and settled herself to sit at the empty chair.

"Don't move!" Lisa shouted.

Chaeyoung gasps. "You talking to me?" She asks pertaining to herself. "Oh my gosh, you're talking to me!"

"Who's talking to who?" Jisoo suddenly appeared out of the blue turning our attention on her. "Oh, hi there mate," she waved at Lisa who's still in shock upon witnessing her appear out of nowhere.

"So, who's talking to who?" Jisoo asks again.

"Jisoo?" Lisa uttered.

Jisoo blinked, slowly turning her head at Lisa. "She's talking to me?" The question pertained to me and Chaeyoung but no one answered her.

"You can see me?" She pointed at herself. "I'm not a ghost anymore?!" She exaggerates and Chaeyoung hits her.

"What? So I'm still a ghost?"

"Idiot," she huffed.

"You're a ghost?!" Lisa's eyes widen in horror. She looked back and forth from the three of us.

"I think she's gonna faint anytime now," Chaeyoung commented.

"Lisa," I trailed. I slowly went towards her. She's gonna fall on her feet anytime and I want to support her from falling down.

"Jennie," she almost fell on her knees and my reflex was to hold her but it only passed through her body.

Right. I am a ghost.

"It's cold. You're cold," she whispered staring right through my eyes.

"Yeah," I breathed and smiles faintly.

Her brown orbs formed tears and eventually, tiny drops were falling from her eyes. Her cheeks were soaked.

"I missed you," she cried.

I could only stare at her sympathetically and could not do anything to shush her. I badly want to hug her but I'm afraid she'll be cold from my embrace.

"What happened? How are you here? How did it happen?" She questions. Her voice is hoarse from crying.

"Shush Lisa. We'll talk about it tomorrow okay? You had a long day today. You need to rest," she opened to protest but she stopped and nodded her head. In no time, she's tucked in her bed with me watching on her side. Chaeyoung and Jisoo were left outside her roo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter