Chapter 4

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You said what?! There's a leech trying to flirt with my cutie?!" Chaeyoung asks exasperatedly. She abruptly stood up and was about to walk away when she was held by Jisoo.

"Where are you going, young lady?" Jisoo inquires but Chaeyoung removes her arm from her grip.

"I'll go to that leech and teach her a lesson, old lady," she replied but the last two words didn't escape Jisoo's ear. Her eyes widen and here they go again.

"Old lady?!" She retorts.

Chaeyoung tsked, "You're older than us so it's normal."

"I'm only 2 years older than you!" She retaliates.

"See? You admitted you're older than me," Chaeyoung replies with a calm tone, and amusement was written in her eyes compared to Jisoo who'll explode any minute now.

"That's not the case!"

"It's the same," she whistles pissing the other more.

"It's not!"

Before I could see them gripping their hairs off each other, I walked away and settled myself on the corner of the rooftop. It's now dark so the city lights are visibly seen which gives comfort through the night.

I look at the sky and I saw the moon peeking through the clouds. It's shining brightly giving light to some who don't have a source of light and its bright light caught my attention.

I stared at it for too long that my eyes could still see its light even if I looked away. I could even still hear Jisoo and Chaeyoung's faint voice from the distance and now I remember how their bickering started.

Chaeyoung came back earlier after she did her task. She said she went to Busan to attend a wedding. Both Jisoo and I turned our heads at her when she uttered 'wedding'.

We asked her why and she said the High Souls tasked her to be a witness of a wedding because the couple's friends and even their family don't support the two of them getting married. Silly right? Because how could the mortals know someone had witnessed their wedding if they can't see the witness?

That's why we call it nonsense tasks for ghosts.

Chaeyoung didn't have to travel that far but the High Souls said the couple personally booked an appointment to have a ghost witness. It's my first time to know that the High Souls have connections to the mortal world. How intriguing is that?

Chaeyoung almost died of laughter when the priest asked the presence of their witness and when he heard no response and with a stuttering voice, he asked again but this time, Chaeyoung blew near his ear that the young priest almost run away. Such a scaredy-cat she says.

After she answered us, Chaeyoung asked what happened to our day and that's when Jisoo interrupted telling us dramatically that Lisa is dating someone. I almost smack her head when I heard that but Chaeyoung reacted exaggeratedly faster than lighting so I backed out. I'm not being dense here but I think she's attracted to my girl.

Lisa's still my girl.

But then, I remembered the scene earlier. Mina asked her out. I don't know what to feel. Of course, I don't want her to date other girls aside from me but how can she date if I'm not by her side physically? I'm already dead. And that t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter