Chapter 8

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you really sure you're okay with it?" Jisoo asks again for the nth time. We are on the rooftop and the two of them are cornering me again with their questions.

"You can say you're not okay with it and Jisoo and I will find a way for it," Chaeyoung said with determination while Jisoo looks at her questioningly.

"I'm tagging along with you?" Jisoo asks. She's not really sure why she asked that.

"Duh, of course. It's Jennie we are talking about we need to help her," she rolls her eyes and looks at me sympathetically again.

"Yeah of course it's Jennie," Jisoo mumbles inaudibly. Chaeyoung didn't get it but I heard it.

"What did you say?" Chaeyoung asks and Jisoo shakes her head.

"Nothing," and she laughs awkwardly.

I poke them both to make their attention turn to me and I smiled widely my gums are shown. They looked at me as if I was starting to go crazy.

"Did you see that? She's losing it. We really need to get going," Chaeyoung points at me and they were about to leave me when I called them.

"Where are you going?"

"To get some fresh air—no Jennie we are going to find a way about your situation!" Her loud voice made me suddenly lean on the wall and my stunned expression became their new topic for the argument.

"Aw, she looked like a scared puppy," Jisoo coos. What the hell? Where did she get that?

"More like a cat," Chaeyoung corrected but Jisoo turned to her to defend what she said.

"A puppy!"

Chaeyoung glared. "No, I said cat!"

They completely forgot their agenda and are about to start their nonsense arguments again. Sometimes, I just want to leave the two of them without them knowing and have a quiet time for myself. And that's what I did because I successfully escaped from their vision as they're too engrossed in their arguments if I look like a cat or a puppy.

I was meters away from them but I can still hear their loud voices. So that's why a lot of ghosts are turning their head on us everywhere we go because of their loud bickerings. I should pretend I don't know them.

"Then let's ask Jennie what Lisa thinks of her when she's still alive!"

"Stupid. Of course, she's the most beautiful girl Lisa's eyes ever laid on."

"You're also stupid because what I'm saying is we're going to ask what Jennie looks like in Lisa's eyes, a puppy or a cat," I stopped walking when I heard what Jisoo said. I know the answer to that question since every time Lisa stares into my eyes, she always tells me I look like Lily. Well, Lily's one of her cats.

I turned at the two. They're looking at me intently waiting for my answer. It was as if my answer will determine their fate.

I slowly opened my mouth to talk and it's funny how they followed my every movement.

"Well-" I drag.

"Well?" They simultaneously asked.

"Well, I think we need to get going now," I showed them my gummy smile then let my body float in the air as I jumped off the building.

I landed carefully, followed by Chaeyoung who's still glaring at Jisoo. "We're not yet done."

Jisoo gasps sarcastically, "Oh, I'm super scared."

"So where're we heading now mates?" Jisoo asks as she let herself float amongst all the crowd of people.

We landed in the busy part of Seoul where people from different directions are coming by. Some of them shivered when they walk past me. I also saw some wandering ghosts like us. I gave them a nod when they saw me.

"Where's Chipmunk?" Jisoo suddenly appeared on my side and that's when I realized Chaeyoung was gone.

"Oh look there, I think I found her," she pointed in a certain direction and we saw her crouching while hiding herself at a bush.

We went near her and also look in the direction she was looking. She didn't even flinch when we got near her. She's too preoccupied with her own world.

"Where's she looking?" Jisoo whispered and I shrugged because I also don't know.

We stayed there for a good minute finding out what's our purpose. I turned my head to Chaeyoung when she said something.

"What?" I ask but she still didn't hear me.

"She's gone insane. Tsk poor girl," Jisoo sighs.

I leaned my head a little bit closer to Chaeyoung to understand what she was saying because she's mumbling inaudible things.

"I really want to kill that leech," if my hearing was right, that's what I heard from her.

"What leech?" I whispered just below her ear and she jumped on her place.

"You scared me!" She stumbled on the ground holding on to her dear chest.

Jisoo crossed her arms. "You're really dumb sometimes. Why are you hiding when people can't even see you in the first place."

"Oh. I forgot," she scratches her head and smiled awkwardly but became serious after.

"I suddenly felt hungry. Do you want to eat? I asked Minzy eonnie to deliver some food to our quarters. I think it's delivered by now," then she pushes the both of us in the opposite direction.

"Hey wait you suddenly became weird. What are you looking at earlier?" Jisoo dismisses Chaeyoung's hand and resists being pushed.

"I just saw some mouth-watering food and I suddenly felt hungry so let's go to our quarters now," Chaeyoung's really acting weird so I turned my back at them desperate to find what she's looking at earlier.

"Hey Jennie let's go," I ignored her and squint my eyes to spot what was there and I saw it.

"I think we really need to get rid of the leech," I whispered and Chaeyoung is suddenly beside me agreeing to my plan.

"So what do we do? Do you want me to scare her hearts out? I say that's a good plan," she smirks. I was about to smirk too when the words I spit earlier came into me. What the hell? Why would I even do that? I'm not that kind of ghost plus I also clarified that I readily accepted my fate earlier.

"Wait, no. We're not going to do that."

Chaeyoung gave me a look. "Oh c'mon Jennie. I know deep down you really want it."

"What are you guys talking about?" Jisoo looks so innocent asking us as she also looks in a certain direction to find what we're looking and based on the look on her face, she found the target.

"Chipmunk's right. We really need to do something," she started stretching her arms and legs.

"It'll never gonna happen," I shook my head.

"Then what do we do?"

"Watch over them?" I answered but it's more like a question.

--

"I really wanna kill this leech," Chaeyoung glares at Mina who's laughing and telling some stories to Lisa. We followed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter