Chapter 12

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Epilogue]

It's been a year.

It's been a year and Lisa's memory of Jennie dying out of cancer is still fresh in her mind. Jennie and she are prepared for that when the doctors say she only has months left. But that's what Lisa thought because as Jennie's last day nears, Lisa's heart never felt so broken.

Her lonely heart was soon covered with walls that even the rays of the sun can't reach without her lover by her side. Even her best friend, Seulgi, can't break in through those walls.

The first months were very devastating. The life itself can't seem to be found in her eyes. It was only when her best friend knock out her senses that she came to pull herself off.

Good thing Seulgi was there or the company will be on its rough without her.

Not long after she started to come to her senses, another unexplainable thing occurred that even she did not expect.

Her deceased lover was standing in front of her eyes and all the impossible things happened when she also got to meet her dear cousin together with their found friend.

But time really flies fast when the day to bid her farewell to her for the second time arrived.

The pain of parting her ways was not as harsh as the first time. Her heart was lonely but the feeling of warmth lingered. In the end, she ended her day with a smile of contentment.

She turned down any confessions as she vowed to only love her star. She soon became close acquaintances with Mina when the latter accepted her fate with her.

A year later, she made a decision.

"Are you for real?" Seulgi asks bewildered.

Lisa timidly smiles, "I've been planning it for some time now."

"Lisa, I think it's not good."

Lisa only raises her brow.

Seulgi's expression softens, "You're leaving me. You're gonna leave your best friend as well as the people close to you. You'll leave and I'll never see you again!" She weeps and shakes Lisa strongly.

"Stop overreacting Seul. Lisa's not gonna die. She'll only adopt a child," Irene, Seulgi's girlfriend hit her and gently smiles apologetically at Lisa which Lisa returned with a chuckle.

"Irene's right. So help me on processing the papers okay?"

"But-"

--

Lisa stares at the small girl who's looking at her with curious eyes.

"Hello," she coos and bent her knees to level her height with her.

"I'm Lisa," she introduces herself as the girl carefully listens to her. It was always her and Jennie's dream to adopt a child and raise one on their own. Well, it was technically Jennie's dream in the first place. To have a family and a child of her own.

"From now on, we'll be family. Is that okay?"

"You'll be my cool mom?" The little girl asks shyly. Lisa chuckles lightly, "Cool huh? Let's see then."

Weeks passed and Lisa must admit, being a parent is hard and much more taking care of a child who's always hyper and doesn't even get tired.

"Ella you should stop playing. You can continue tomorrow, for now, you should rest," she scolds the girl who's playing tag with her cats. Her oh-so-precious children were left with no choice but to play along with her.

"But mom," Ella pouted. Lisa was almost swayed but Ella's been playing all day and her body needs to rest.

"Don't give me that look. It won't work with me."

"Really? Are you sure?" Ella teases but obeys Lisa then.

It was not hard getting close to the girl since she's quite fond of children. Ella was a shy girl but as time passes, she slowly opens up with Lisa and puts her trust in her.

She leads her to the bathroom and assists the little girl in removing her clothes to take a bath. After a few minutes, they were done and the neatly folded clothes were gently laid on the bed and Lisa helps Ella get dressed. They continued teasing each other when suddenly Ella brought up a question that made her stop for a moment.

"Who's she?" She asks, her eyes were pointed in the direction of her phone. It was her and Jennie on her wallpaper.

"She's your mom's girlfriend, sweetheart," she answers. Ella looks closely at the picture and smiles.

"So she's my other mom?" She's a little too excited.

"Well, yes."

"She's so pretty."

"You're pretty yourself too."

Lisa won't be lying if she says Jennie resembles Ella. She's like a younger version of her.

"When did you two meet? What's her name? Where is she?" She bombarded her with questions and Lisa pinches her cheeks at how cute the girl when asking questions.

"First, you need to calm down. I'll answer all your questions okay?" Ella nods and waits for Lisa to continue her story.

"Her name's Jennie. We met back in college but she doesn't give any damn about me but your mom here is a persistent one," she points at herself and winks causing Ella to laugh. "I continued on pursuing her until she fell completely and utterly in love with me and my charms."

"But where is she?" The innocent child asks.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter