Chapter 3

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What task is assigned to you this time?" Jisoo asked. We're taking our break at the rooftop of a building. I like it here because I could always watch how people's life progress from below. At first, it was just me hanging out there but when I met Jisoo and Chaeyoung, they were always tagging along with me and it somehow became our rest place.

"They haven't given me yet. Maybe I'll have one tomorrow," I shrugged. When it's my early days as a ghost, I didn't expect that we have some tasks we need to complete while wandering around. I thought the tasks we have to complete had something to do to help us go up there and be reincarnated in another life but I was wrong. Those tasks are somehow nonsense. It's like playing truth or dare but it's only 'dare or dare'. Well, at least they're not giving us tasks we cannot do.

"Okay. I still can't believe the fact that we're doing these dares or rather 'tasks'" she quoted. "to keep us moving in this world when it has nothing to do in going up there, tsk," she shook her head.

I chuckled. "What's your dare? Oh, I mean task."

"It's pretty simple. They just asked me to create a song about the food I want to eat right now," she says her eyes glistening while recalling what she did.

"So I composed an on-the-spot song about chicken skewers. Do you want to hear it?" She asks but she didn't even let me answer her question because she already started.

"I want to eat some chicken skewers, they even sell pizza, they also sell hamburgers~" I frowned at her. How are pizza and hamburgers related to chicken skewers? Jisoo and her mind. Whew.

Her face lit up after she sang and continued to tell what happened. "And you know what? The High Souls are really amazed at my song. They said they want to hear more from me! Oh my god. Maybe I could gain my fame again here in Ghosts world as a singer," she dreamily says.

The High Souls are the highest among all the ghosts. In other words, they're the leaders as we call them. They've been wandering on earth for a long time and that made the other ghosts come to respect them. I don't know why they're showing their admiration at them when they can't even leave the earth and reincarnate but I guess, we don't know what their stories are. The High Souls as the gossip says consists of four girls and five boys. They're also admired because they have some abilities the normal ghosts don't have. I haven't seen all of them at once. I only met a few but they're fun to be with. There's no such thing as high or low. They treat us equally.

The tasks are also created by them. They say one time, one of the High Souls is bored so to kill his boredom, he asked one of his friends to play with him. At first, they called it 'dare or dare' as what the mortals play but eventually, they call it tasks because why not? 'Tasks' is a good alternative word.

"Where's Chaeyoung by the way?" I asked and she snorts.

"Do I look like you can find someone if you ask me?" I glared at her so she wave her hands dismissively.

"Okay okay. Chaeyoung went to do her task. I don't know where she went. I don't care," Jisoo crosses her arms and lifts her chin up.

"Do you mean

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter