Chapter 10

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo and Chaeyoung left the two of us earlier after Lisa gave them some bb creams. She said it can enhance the color of our skin so they immediately tried it and it feels like we came to life all of a sudden. It was a new scene to me because I am used to seeing our pale skin. They said they'll stroll around town for a while and be back before dusk but I think that's not really the reason.

I throw in the trash an empty bottle of bb cream because I used it all on my body in one go. I returned to look at myself in front of the mirror and I smiled. I was amused at how did all this happen. I can really see my reflection in there and I look alive. I don't look pale on any angle.

"Why are you smiling by yourself?" Lisa asked sitting comfortably on the bed but I can see a glint of happiness in her eyes.

I turned at her and let her see my full smile that faded when I remember all the things I did when she can't still see me.

"I was just happy. It feels like a dream that I'm talking to you. I never thought I can talk and hug you again."

"Jennie..." she got up and went to hold my hand. I laid my other hand on top of hers as she slowly rubs circles in my palms.

"I've been roaming around here ever since I died. I swear I did all means to make you see me and hear me but I got none because you're always looking passed by me. I did that for months but I eventually stopped because there was nothing more I can do. I'm already dead," I swallowed the lump in my throat. Now's not the time to cry. "And I'm happy that for one last time, I can talk to you."

"The odds are with you Jen, I can finally see you," she hugged me briefly then looked into my eyes. "Can you tell me what happened when you're still a ghost?"

"As I said earlier, I've been wandering and then I met those two," I said pertaining to Jisoo and Chaeyoung. Now that I mentioned it, I remember something. "Do you know Jisoo?"

She looked at me then shifted back at our hands. She led me to sit on the bed and she answered, "Yes."

"How?"

"She's my cousin. I'm very close with her when I was a kid but something happened and her family moved away I don't know where. Then I only knew where she was when she debuted as an actress."

"I didn't know that."

"I'm sorry you're only knowing it this time. I was about to meet her and take you with me but the odds are not with me that time. She's gone before I knew it."

I smiled. "It's okay. It's funny how I got to finally meet Jisoo when we're both dead," I laughed but I saw her frowning.

"I'm still not used to you saying you're dead like it's an easy thing to say."

I was about to say something to her but she quickly dismissed it.

"I know Jen. It's okay I can handle it," she pressed a smile.

"You know it's only temporary right?" I began. "Me, here with you. I don't know what happened but I'm sure I'll be gon-" she shushed me with her finger.

"Then while you're here, don't say those things and cherish what's in the moment," I held her cheeks while a smile crept on my lips. "You're still the same don't-let-negative-things-drown-you Lisa I've met,"

She also held my cheeks. "And you're still the Jennie I know back in college,"

I raised my brow. "Who said I've changed?"

"I d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter