Chapter 5

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Where did you go last night?"

I came back at dawn in our ghost quarters. We ghosts have a town of our own called Ghost Town. All ghosts live there including us. We also have a place of our own. The High Souls provided us with these quarters whom I share with Jisoo and Chaeyoung.

I thought they were already asleep when I arrived but the two are still wide awake. Looking from their bloodshot eyes, it looks like they waited for me to come back. They are about to say a word when I signaled them to stop halfway. I know ghosts don't feel tired but remembering what happened last night made me drain my energies out. I want to rest. They may have gotten what I mean and let me take my rest until I woke up and they started interrogating me.

I gave them a timid smile as an answer. I don't have to say a word for they already have a guess where I went.

"So it's true that there's a leech?!" Chaeyoung exclaims. Jisoo glares at Chaeyoung and went beside me and places both her hands on my shoulders and started to massage it. I wonder why Jisoo's doing that but it feels great.

"Why are you massaging my shoulders Jisoo? And Chaeng, I may have to clarify but there's no leech," I said and Jisoo suddenly removes her hands from me. The relaxing feeling is gone. I groaned.

Jisoo gasps. "You're not mad? You're not jealous? You're not against the idea of her replacing you?!" Chaeyoung nodded at her remark. It's the first time they agreed on the same idea. Maybe I'll witness a peaceful moment from them for now.

"No, I'm not mad and I'm also not against the idea of her replacing me because I know that there's still a part of me in Lisa's heart," I said and gave them a genuine smile.

Jisoo looks at me closely and squints her eyes. "Are you sure?"

"Of course. Why wouldn't I? I'm already dead anyway and I want to see her smile again even without me," I pressed my lips and averted my gaze.

After hearing those words Lisa uttered last night, I left her place to think. I wanted to blame someone for my fate. I wanted to curse them for letting me die early when I haven't even lived half of my life with her. I still wanted to do many things with the love of my life but because of my stupid health condition, it suddenly became limited. I wanted to ask them why it has to be me? Just why? Do I really deserve that?

Hours of thinking made me realize that whatever I do, I can't be normal like I used to. I can't be revived from the dead no matter how hard I wish. I'm not a ghost in Hi, Bye Mama where the lead got a 49-day project of reincarnation and got to spend her days again with her loved ones. It does not happen in this world and by that, I hardly but slowly accepted the fact that Lisa has to find someone who'll make her realize the purpose of life again.

They said People come and go. Everyone that's been in your life has been there for a reason. Maybe I'm just a person whom she'll share her first times with but maybe I'm not really the right one for her. I may have died for a reason and that's for her to meet the person who's destined for her. I can feel my heart ache but who am I kidding? Lisa's heart ached for a long long time and I want it to lessen now.

"If that's your decision, then we'll support you Jendeukie," Jisoo said but I heard her mumbled "I feel like I'm talking to a different person when I don't see her y side," but Chaeyoung nudges her when she felt I'm looking at her.

"Alright then I'll go now."

"Where are you going?" They both asked. The two of them are getting coordinated these days. I chuckled at the thought.

"Did you forget that I still have a task?" I smirked and continued my way outside. There's no door in our quarters because we can easily pass through things so there's no need to bother putting a door.

I saw at my peripheral that they were following me.

"We'll go with you!" Jisoo shouted and Chaeyoung nodded. They have a bunch of free time eh?

--

"I am never gonna get used to these decors," Jisoo shudders when her body passed through the cobwebs hanging in this place. The spiders are also big with a size of a hand and Jisoo is not really fond of those things even though the spiders are not real. Only the cobwebs are.

We're going to the High Souls lair to ask for my task.

We continued walking until we reached a big wooden door with a touch of ancient design. There's a passcode generator beside it that requires a fingerprint or a password.

"Why do they bother putting this kind of things if we can't even touch them," Chaeyoung groaned in annoyance when we tried to touch it but our fingers only pass through it.

"But it can scan your faces!" A voice boomed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter