Chapter 28 - It's Finally Over

MAYDAY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"I was thinking..." 

"About what?" 

"About us and our future." 


They were everything to each other... 


"All Rise!" 

Judge Lee walked inside and sat down. She took a glance at the jury. 

"Have you taken your time and brought the verdict?" 

"Yes, your honor." 

Eunji and others waited patiently. 

"What's your verdict for Mr. Choi Junior?" 

"For committing domestic violence on a child and wife, he's pleaded guilty. For kidnapping a client that was his former wife, he's pleaded guilty. For the attempt of committing murder of first degree, he's pleaded." 

Eunji glanced at the left. Where's your daddy to wipe your now? Her lip curled slightly. 

"What's the punishment?" 

"Death sentence, your honor." 

Areum and Baekhyun sat in the back, and Ari was in Areum’s lap. The three looked at him, emotionless expressions on their faces. The Byu family and The Kim family were no better. They wanted to see him either dead or rot in jail. It surely brought happiness to all. He got what he deserved.

"Mr. Choi senior, stand up." 

He stood up. 

"For fabricating signature, documents, and files, avoiding to complete your duty as a man of justice, you're pleaded guilty. For participating in abduction, you're also pleaded guilty." 

"What's the punishment?"

"Dead sentence, your honor." 

Judge Lee glanced at the wife. 

"As a fellow female, you should show a little compassion towards your grandchild and your former daughter-in-law. You didn't, you helped your husband and son, you knew their plans. For that, I'm sentencing you a life sentence."

The female gulped. 

"And hopefully the jail will let you discover the humanity you had lost. Because a fellow victim of abuse never treats others the way you treated your grandchild. Hopefully, you won't send compliance or I swear I'll change my verdict." Judge Lee glared at her. 

She looked over at Areum and Ari. "It was a pleasure for me to offer you just a little bit of light and hope in the juristic system. Hopefully, we won't meet here again." 

Eunji smiled at Ari.

"I thank your lawyer who fought hard so you'd win, however, for an attorney, it'd be wise if you don't work for Choi. You're pretty good, don't let your talent waste. 

As she axed, little Ari sprinted towards the judge before anyone could stop her and hugged the woman who was confused at first but hugged her. She got down to her level. 

"I have one just like you at home," the latter smiled, she pulled out two lollipops. "Here, for you."
 

Baekhyun’s parents were the ones behind the celebration party. Junmyeon wanted to do that, but they refused, telling him that they had it all covered and that he didn't need to worry about that. Their only job was to relax and have fun. At first, Junmyeon felt a bit uncomfortable that they spent so much but in the end, the latter gave up and relaxed. If there was one thing Junmyeon learned about the Byun family, it was that they loved holding parties and making surprises just like Junmyeon.

“It’s finally over,” Layla said as she walked over to her husband.

“They can finally turn a new page,” Mr. Byun said, nodding his head as he watched all of them mingle in the garden.

The woman smiled. “Should we join them?”

“Mhm, but first let’s go get that cake we planned, huh?”

“Let’s go,” She grinned.

Most of them gathered around the table as Ari, Nari, and Jieun ran around, chasing each other. Nari, being the oldest, tried her best to keep the two under control. Ari smirked and ran over to a tree where the water hose was placed. Nari narrowed her eyes and pointed her finger at Ari.

“Don’t even think about it!”

“Think about what?” Ari blinked innocently.
 

“We weren’t gonna do anything,” Jieun pouted.

“I know those looks,” Nari said. “Put the water hose down.”

Ari smirked and before Nari could say anything Ari let the water out. Jieun let it out at Nari and giggled. Nari screamed and ran away.

“YAY! Let’s do it again, Ari!”

“Let’s chase after her!” Ari grinned. 

Jieun didn’t need to be told twice, she was already after Nari, like a kamikaze.  Ari followed as Nari escaped behind Jongdae who was talking with Jongin and Baekhyun. Ari and Jieun followed her, getting the guys wet as well.

Jongdae blinked. “This is waaaaaaaaaaar!”

He knelt down and Nari got on his back, smirking. “Now we’re talking!” The girl grinned.

Jieun sprinkled Jongin and giggled, as she accidentally hit Eunji, who didn’t have the heart to scream. 

“Must you get us all wet...” Eunji shook her head. 

Baekhyun smirked and knelt down as Ari got on his back. “Shall we show them how it’s done?” He asked.

“Let’s do this!” Ari giggled.

“And I’m childish?” Junmyeon chuckled. 

Jieun sprinkled Junmyeon to which Chanyeol laughed. “That’s my niece! SHOW ‘EM!” 

He grabbed a couple of bags and Jieun sprinkled water in one, and after Chanyeol tied it he shot it at Baekhyun suddenly. Jongin smirked. “IT’S A WAAAAAAR!” 

Areum laughed. “You guys are crazy!”

“Ma, ReRe!” Jieun giggled, “Send one at mama.” 

Jongin laughed. Eunji narrowed her eyes playfully. “You bit the hand that fed you... Come on, show me all your worst.”

“Oh, we will,” Jongin smirked.

Areum walked behind Baekhyun and Ari pushing them into the pool. “Gotcha!”

“MOM!” Ari pouted.

“Wife…” Baekhyun giggled.

Eunji smirked and did the same with her cousin and Luna, and with her husband and Jieun. 

“MOM! YOU BETRAYED US!”

“Who’s laughing now? Huh?” Areum winked.

Jongin smirked. “You think you’ll get away?”

Eunji high-fived Areum.

“Let’s pull back,” Areum mouthed. “They won’t stop.”

Eunji grinned. Baekhyun looked at Jongin, the silent communication between the two indicated something was about to happen. Baekhyun and he agreed on what to do. Baekhyun slowly swam to where Areum was and he rose from the water and pulled her in suddenly. Jongin did the same before Eunji even knew what hit her.

“See, my sweet wife, I got you!” Jongin winked.

Areum huffed and splashed water at Baekhyun as he grinned.

“You!”

“I love you, too,” Baekhyun winked.

*

“Babe?” Baekhyun called out as Areum walked out of the bathroom, drying her hair with a towel.

“Yes, love?” She smiled.

“Did you ever think about having more kids?” He asked softly.

“I used to, but after what happened, I can’t,” she said bluntly.

“We can adopt,” He smiled. “What do you think? Would our Ari be okay with that?”

Areum smiled, walking over to him. “I like the sound of that…”

“I know what you are about to say, but hear me out first,” Baekhyun smiled, caressing her cheek. “I love you for you, so to me, it doesn’t matter. We can try and if you bear a child that’s great, if not that’s also great. Your health and life are more important to me.”

She nodded her head and he pulled her into a hug. “Thank you.”

“Any time, baby,” He whispered.

“We can talk to Ari about it,” Areum said, pulling away from the hug.

“Is she awake?”

Areum nodded. “She's a night owl recently.”

Baekhyun chuckled. “Let’s go talk to that bundle of joy.”

The two got up and walked out of their room and toward Ari’s. Areum knocked on the door before walking in. “Ari?”

“Yes?” The little girl smiled, putting her book away. “What’s up?”

“Bekhyun and I would like to talk to you about something,” Areum cleared .

“We would like to hear your opinion about it as well,” Baekhyun spoke softly.

Little Ari nodded her head. “Alright.”

“Baekhyun and I have been thinking about adopting a child… and we wanted to hear your opinion about it,” Her mom explained.

“If you are against it, we won’t pressure it,” Baekhyun added.

Ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter