Chapter 14 - His Family

MAYDAY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Dad. Stop. Please."

"I am just worried about our son..." 


She was judged from the get-go, yet they didn't know her story...


 

“I will see you soon. xo” 

- Baekhyun

*

“See you. xo” 

- Areum


Areum smiled and placed her phone down as she looked through her wardrobe to see what she can wear. As she was about to take some dresses out of her closet when a knock on the door interrupted her. She turned around and looked at the door. 

“Come in,” Areum said. 

The door opened and Eun walked inside. She was carrying a box in her hands and there was brand new emerald green and black purse on top of the box. Areum raised an eyebrow and looked at Eun who was grinning from ear to ear. The latter walked over to the bed and placed the things down. 

“I got you something,” Eun spoke. “And no is not an answer. You’ll love it!” 

“Eun-” 

“I don’t want to hear it,” Eun smiled. “I want to help, now let’s get you ready!” 

Knowing Eun there was no arguing with her once she set her mind on something there is no stopping her. She opened the box and took out an emerald button shirt with a long black shirt that followed the waist and hips. Eun had also prepared a matching pair of heels and jewelry with the matching purse. 

Areum took the clothes and went into the bathroom to get dressed while Eun prepared the make-up. The nervous feeling she had from earlier was still there and it was causing her heart to beat faster as she felt a lump in . She wanted to be relaxed, but it was hard… she couldn’t help it, no matter how much she tried. It was stronger than her… but then again her previous experience was bad. She took a deep breath as she looked at herself in the mirror.

“You are dating him… not his parents,” She repeated to herself.

Eunji’s words rang in her head and the latter had a point there. But still… the stupid feeling refused to leave her and it was annoying her. After a few deep breaths, she was ready to join Eun back in the bedroom. The moment she walked out, Eun looked at her and smiled brightly, clapping her hands in excitement. 

“Beautiful,” She said softly. “Now, come here. Let me do your hair and make-up. I promise not to overdo it.”

“Thank you,” Areum smiled and walked over to the latter.

“Nervous, huh?” Eun suddenly asked as she started brushing Areum’s hair. 

“Is it that obvious?” Areum asked.

“Mhm,” Eun nodded her head. “You have a habit of biting your lower lip when you are nervous.”

“Ah…” 

“Just be yourself, and remember, you are dating him, not his parents,” Eun said. “They deserve as much respect as they give you.” 

“Thanks…” 

“It will be alright,” Eun winked.

The two continued as Eun helped with the hair and make-up, allowing them to be ready soon. As they were about to walk out of the room they heard the doorbell and Junmyeon who said he’ll get it. Areum’s heart skipped a beat. 

“Breath,” Eun chuckled, patting her shoulder. 

“Why do I feel like a teen?” Areum asked, blinking. 

“You’re in love, isn’t that normal?” The latter winked. “Now, come on. Let’s go. You don’t want to keep him waiting, now do you?” 

Areum shook her head and they two walked downstairs. Junmyeon had already led Baekhyun into the living room and Ari’s voice could already be heard. 

“Thank you!” She giggled. “I love the teddy bear! Nari will love hers as well.”

“Really, Baekhyun? You didn’t have to buy anything for the girls,” Junmyeon said. 

“The two bundles of joy are adorable,” Baekhyun smiled. “So hush.” 

Ari came running to him and wrapped her arms around his neck. Baekhyun chuckled and hugged the girl. She truly was a bundle of joy and sunlight and he adored her, even though he had only her for a short period of time, the child got under his skin, especially that day at the beach.

***

“You fly as well?” Little Ari asked as she watched what Baekhyun was doing. 

“That is right, sweetie,” He smiled, slicing the meat. “Do you have a dream job, Ari?”

“I would like to fly, just like mommy!” Ari smiled brightly. 

“Your mom and I will teach you,” Baekhyun winked. “And you, Nari?” He asked as the little girl approached them. “What would you like to be?”

“A flight attendant,” Nari replied. “Aunt Areum told me it’s a great job and that I can see many things.” 

“That is right,” Baekhyun smiled. 

***

Both of the girls adored Areum, and they both looked up to her. It gave him a warm, fuzzy feeling around his heart. Ari pulled away and smiled. At that moment, Areum walked into the room and Baekhyun's heart skipped a beat as their eyes locked together. She looked like a fairy princess in green, her hair falling freely down her shoulders and it moved with her as she walked. 

"I am in Eden. I'm dead. What's breathing when you have Areum?"  His mind rambled.

“Hey,” She said softly. 

"Hey, gorgeous," He said taking her hand and kissing her knuckles. 

She blushed at his action, before turning to her daughter. "Ari, listen to Junmyeon and Eun, alright? Go to bed on time, and finish your dinner.” 

“I will mommy,” Ari smiled, hugging her mom. 

“That’s my girl,” Areum said, kissing her daughter’s forehead. "I'll see you guys later," he smiled at her brother and sister-in-law. 

"Have fun, you two. God knows you deserve it, sis," Junmyeon said softly.

Areum hugged both of them before leaving with Baekhyun. He hurried towards the car and opened the car door for her. She got in and Baekhyun closed the door, before walking over to the driver's seat and getting in. 

“I got your dad a nice bottle of Whiskey and for your mom, I got a nice silk scarf,” She said. “I hope they like it.”

Baekhyun smiled softly at her. “She’ll love it. She adores scarfs,” he said to her.

She sighed in relief. “That’s good.”

“But you really shouldn’t worry much about that,” He said, taking her hand, as they sped down the road.

*

They arrived in front of the Byun’s mansion, and Baekhyun got out, opening the door for her. She smiled and got out. Baekhyun took her hand the moment he closed the car door and the two walked up to the front door. They didn't even get to ring the doorbell as the door opened and an elderly man opened the door.

"Hello," Areum smiled, bowing. 

"Darling, please," The man spoke. "There is no need for that." 

Baekhyun led her inside as she handed the presents she bought for them to Mr. Byun. 

"Son, why did you let her spend money?" 

"I couldn't stop her," Baekhyun said. "She didn't want to come without bringing anything."

His dad smiled and shook his head. “Fine. Welcome to the Byun residence, please make yourself comfortable. My wife will join us soon.”

“Thank you for having me over,” Areum spoke softly.

“Follow me,” Baekhyun said and led her into the living room.

Areum followed him, and the two sat down on the sofa as Mr. Byun went to get his wife who was getting ready. Areum held her hands in her lap, clearly nervous as she played with the bracelet. She gulped, hoping her heart would calm down. 

Baekhyun rubbed her shoulders soothingly, he kissed her forehead. “It’s gonna be alright, baby,” he whispered.

She smiled and as she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter