Chapter 13 - Dates

MAYDAY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Charmer..." 

"I am only for you..."

 

He couldn't allow her to pull away... no matter what...


The moon shone above the sea as the stars sparkled in the sky. It seemed as if they were talking with each other while the moon looked like he was the caretaker of the little bundles of joy that danced in the sky. The waves underneath them crashed against each other as they told their own story on the shore, leaving seashells behind them.

Areum smiled at the beautiful scenery as the light breeze greeted her. It was a private beach that Baekhyun reserved only for them. He wanted to spend time alone with her and just enjoy. He was worried about her state so he wanted to do something to cheer her up and midnight dinner and horseback riding were romantic enough. 

They had an exciting week and he knew it was hardest for Areum. Dal stood behind the accident and he could feel her pulling away. He hoped she wouldn't give up because she's a hellishly good pilot and an important essence of him. Chanyeol told him he's worried too much but Baekhyun knows how to read her. He knew she was selfless and would take the blame on herself for what happened. He just knew she would, even without her saying it. He wished he didn't have to worry and be relaxed like his best friend but he can't.

“Thank you,” Areum smiled softly. “But why go through all the trouble?” 

"You're welcome," he smiled, "it's not a problem when you're involved."

She blushed slightly at his words. “Charmer…” She mumbled. 

He kissed her forehead. "I am for you only," he winked.

Areum kissed his cheek and smiled, as the two of them headed toward the dinner table. The table was placed in the middle with plenty of cushions around it, for them to sit and feel comfortable. The food was already on the table. There was meatball and cheese pasta, salad, and a bottle of red wine. Next to the table, there was another smaller table with dessert, chocolate tiramisu, and a bowl filled with fruits.

Areum sat down at the table and Baekhyun sat across from her. She put her backpack next to her and looked at the food on the table.

“It’s time for you to try my cooking,” Baekhyun suddenly said.

“You are full of surprises aren’t you?”

“And that is only the beginning, sweetie,” He winked, reaching for the wine bottle and pouring them two glasses. “Enjoy.”

“Bon appétit," She replied softly, picking up the fork.

Baekhyun couldn't keep his eyes off of her, she was just adorable in every possible way.

“It’s delicious,” Areum complimented him. “Where did you learn how to cook? I mean… I don’t mean anything bad. I am just curious.”

“First, let’s get something straight,” He looked at her. “You can always ask me whatever you want, just be free around me.”

“Alright,” She smiled.

“I lived in Italy for 5 years, so during that time I got into  Italian cuisine,” He smiled. “Have you ever been to Italy?”

“Round trip,” She answered.

“We’ll have to go there,” He grinned. “You, Ari, and I. No is not an answer, only yes.” He winked.

Areum chuckled. “That is one thing I have learned about you,”

“And you have yet to learn more,”

Areum rolled her eyes playfully and the two continued their meal in silence. Baekhyun rolled pasta with his fork and handed it to her with a grin. “Try this one, close your eyes and guess.”

Areum closed her eyes as she placed the food into . At first, she chewed it slowly and tried to get the taste right. “Seafood and basil?”

He grinned and kissed her lips softly. “And you got your reward,” he whispered.

She blushed and smiled shyly. “Sneaky bird…” She mumbled. 

“Oh very sneaky indeed,” he tugged her lower lip.

She kissed him, placing her hands on his shoulders, as she leaned into the kiss.  Her lips were so sweet, like a soft leaf of lavender, and her skin felt like a rose petal. He drowned himself in her. Areum ran her fingers through his hair. His perfume was like opium. This man was addictive, and Areum knew her heart was in trouble. There was no escaping him. Her scent was siren-like and he is addicted to his brand of heroin. He is in nirvana. She was his nirvana. He was her oasis. Her safety. This man was hers… hard to believe but he was. He her into his world and she was done for. Baekhyun pulled back and nuzzled her. 

“Mine.” He whispered. 

“Is that so?” She teased. 

“I don’t like how others look at you,” he scoffs, holding her close to him.

“And what do you plan to do about that?” She smirked. 

“Fire them,” Baekhyun said at once.

“Dangerous, are we, Mr. Byun?” She winked. 

“When it comes to my woman, yes, I can be,” he nuzzled her neck.

She nuzzled him back, leaning her head on his shoulder. 

“Are you hungry some more?” He whispered. 

“Are you?” She asked softly, picking up the fork, and rolling the pasta onto it. “Here,”

He took a bite and hummed happily. “Mmm, very tasty,” he winked. 

“Flirt,” She mumbled, teasing him, before taking a bite as well.

“I am a flirt only for you. So how about jogging in the morning?!” He grinned.

“Didn’t Chanyeol say you hate mornings and don’t run?” She poked his cheek.  

“I used to, but not anymore,” he grinned, “I started loving them ever since you arrived.”

“Then you have a deal, but I need to take Nari to school, since Ari is homeschooled, so I’ll meet you at the park around 8 AM?” She looked at him. “What else did you start loving?”

“Sounds great! I’ll make us a nutrition formula,” he grinned, “reading, I never thought books can help you neutralize anger and sadness.”

“I’m impressed,” Areum smiled. “But even if you didn’t… Iwouldstillfallforyou.” She said quickly. 

“You would still fall for me, huh?” He pulled her onto his lap. “What else?”

She blushed. “W-what do you m-mean?” 

“Details,” he smirked.

“I’ll let you discover it on your own,” She quickly got up and ran off. 

“YAH!” 

He ran after her fast, letting her think she could escape him until he grabbed her by the waist.

“I was just testing your running skills,” She giggled.

“And what are those,” he said, holding her horizontally in his arms.

“You’re fast,” She stuck her tongue out.

He caught it and kissed her. “Addict,” She mumbled between his lips, kissing him back. 

“Uh-huh, likewise.”

She pulled away. “You sure?” 

He held her close. “Positive, now for my final surprise,” He winked.

“And that is?” She pretended to be clueless.

He pecked her lips and started walking towards the horse that was tied up to a small fence. Areum smiled as she spotted the horse. It was a black horse, but the moon's light gave him a metallic shine and it truly looked magical.

“He’s beautiful,” She spoke softly.

Baekhyun smiled, placing her down as he got the horse ready. “Come here, princess.”

He took her hand and helped her up, before getting behind her. The latter wrapped his hands around her waist, as he held the horse's ropes and the horse started a slow gallop. Areum leaned her back on his chest, as Baekhyun leaned his chin on her shoulder. The waves that crashed onto the shore sounded like a peaceful midnight serenade for the two lovers. The silence that set in between them was pleasant as their hearts raced. Baekhyun was sure about one thing… he didn’t want to let her go. Ever.

It was a long, but blissful night for them as well.

*

As the first rays of late November’s sun entered Baekhyun’s room, the male was already up and getting ready for the day. The fact that he came home late didn’t matter. He was full of energy and ready to rumble. 

"Where are you going this early?" Chanyeol asked before yawning. 

"For a run," Baekhyun smiled. 

"Huh?" Chanyeol raised his eyebrow, scratching the back of his head. "You're not a runner."

"Says who?" Baekhyun winked and with that, he was out the door, with two bottles of protein drinks.

Chanyeol blinked in confusion and shrugged it off, before turning around and heading back to bed. Recently Baekhyun has been acting weird and the male couldn't understand him at times no matter how much he tried. 
 


Areum arrived at the location with Ari and the moment they spotted Eunji, the two waved and walked over to her table. Ari ran towards her and hugged Eunji.

“Aunt Eunji!” She grinned. 

Eunji was picking up something from the menu with Ari who sat close to her as Areum sat across from them. She saw a girl running towards her mom and Eunji smiled, pulling her in as well. 

“Little devil of mine,” Eunji grinned, poking her cheeks gently. 

Jieun looked curiously at Areum, and Eunji smiled at the little shy bundle. “This is my daughter, well it will be finalized today, Jongin and I had to meet later and go together.” She smiled ecstatically. “Jieun say hi.”

“Hello,” Jieun replied. 

Areum smiled at the little girl and reached for a bag she brought with her. “For you, sweetie, from Ari, Nari, and me.” 

Jieun shyly smiled. “Thank you.” She said. 

Eunji caressed her hair gently. “You can go play with Ari, she is your big sister now.” 

“Come with me,” Ari grinned. “I will slide on the slide with you and we can play on the swings.”

Jieun clapped happily and then she turned to look at Eunji for permission. Eunji nodded. “Yes, you can.” She said softly. “Lunch will be soon, so don’t exhaust yourself!”

“Don’t worry, aunt!” Ari smiled. “We will be there on time.” 

The waiter arrived and Eunji glanced down at the menu. “Two strawberry smoothies for me,” she said, “what you’ll have, ReRe?”

“Something light,” Areum replied. “I’m stuffed.”

“Then smoothie is best for you or lemonade. Lemon is a good detox,” Eunji said.

“Blame Baek…” Areum mumbled. 

Eunji raised an eyebrow. “Let me guess, he took you on samgyeopsal for at least three rounds?” 

“Last night he prepared Italian food, this morning we went for a run,” She explained. “Breakfast afterward.”

Eunji blinked. “Samgyeopsal. He eats it for breakfast, snack, lunch, and dinner.” She said, “trust me, I visited them at work. I know how they work. Jongin eats meat... If there’s anyone more obsessed with meat and chicken then it’s my husband. Jieun...follows him.” 

Areum chuckled. “I have had lunch with them… but that little thing slipped my attention.”

“Pay attention very carefully, to what Baekhyun does, my husband and cousin follow him. It’s...like you and me, but an unhealthy version!”

Areum chuckled. “But it’s cute!” She covered . 

Eunji was amused, as she leaned back. The waiter arrived with their orders. “And for lunch?” Waitress asked. 

“A little later,” Eunji smiled softly. 

“We’ll order later,” Areum confirmed. 

The waitress nodded and smiled walking off. Eunji smiled. “Best service you’ll ever find in Korea,” she told her, “you look freaked out. What is bothering you?”

“Baekhyun and his dad want me to come over for dinner tonight… and well I have bad memories…” 

“Meeting their parents, you have to adore it,” Eunji said. “Bad memories of what you had with Dal’s parents? Jongdae and Junmyeon told me everything.” She said.

“Yeah… I mean isn’t it too early?” Areum blinked. 

Eunji pursed her lips. She remembered how it was for her. She met his parents a year after but it was because of her circumstances. Her mother made great problems for them. So it was different. 

“My situation was different,” said Eunji, “but I don’t think it’s soon.” 

She didn’t want to dwell on details, but her friend was the only one before whom she couldn’t hide how she truly feels. Areum looked at her.

“I know that look, Ji.”

Eunji sighed. “It’s useless to talk about that. I disown her so why do I even bother...” She looked away.

“Because you know she is your mother…”

“A mother who is jealous of me and blames me for her undoing...and brings up the fact I was in jail...yeah,” she huffed.

“He deserved what he got,” Areum said simply. 

“Yes...Jongin is my light,” she said, “Chanyeol was like my father...well he could pass, there’s an 8-year difference.”

“Chanyeol is a good guy,” Areum said. “Jongdae told me some things about him.

Eunji chuckled. “He sneakily did love matched me and Jongin. What a sneaky bastard...” 

“As Jongdae, Junmyeon, and he did to me.” 

Eunji smiled. “Junmyeon is a good brother figure, and so is Jongdae,” she said while drinking her smoothie. She smiled. “I sang that night when I met him.”

***
 

Eunji didn’t feel like socializing but it was Christmas and she couldn’t refuse her beloved cousin who was now sitting across from her drunk. Yay her. She rolled her eyes when he started singing a trot song, something he said he hates. She didn’t listen to what they were talking about nor acknowledge anyone. she just wanted to go home. 

“...Oh my cousin went to music school.” 

“Oh?” A honey-deep male voice was surprised. 

Eunji hit Chanyeol under the table, glaring at him. He grinned at her. 

“What department?” Baekhyun asked. 

“Solo singing.” He replied proudly. 

Eunji wanted to vanish. This was a sign for her to leave. She turned her head towards an entrance but so far she couldn’t find it. She couldn’t see through the light. 

“Sing something for us,” Taeyeon, one of Chanyeol’s employees said with a smile. 

“My voice is not in good condition...and is very rusty...,” Eunji stammered. 

Chanyeol pulled her up. “We’ll sing together.” 

Eunji glanced at him. “Park. You want to die?” 

Chanyeol grinned. “Nope, you said I am your brother and that you love me.” 

Eunji sighed and she saw him getting onto the stage, he took a guitar. She sighed. He was serious, she thought to herself. She sighed. As he strummed the favorite tune at that moment she saw him at the table she was sitting. How come she didn’t see him before? 

 

“Ti amo, God how I love you so

My heart just won't let go

Day after day, I'm still holdin' on

Even though you're gone

Ti amo, wasn't I good to you?

I did all that I could do

To make you want to be here with me

I thought you loved me...”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter