Epilogue: Forever Can Begin

MAYDAY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Forever?"

"Forever."


He had made the right choice and he surely had no regrets about it... he had found his peace in life. 

His oasis.

His world.

His heaven.

For her it happened unexpectedly... she didn't look for love... love found her. She was afraid of being hurt... but he came along and healed.

Her hero.

Her healer.

Her everything. 


 

Flowers.

Veils.

Bells.

Decorations.

Areum peaked through to see what was going on. Everything was beautifully arranged. The aisle was decorated with roses and there were rose petals on the ground. The veils that were hanging were red and white matching the tables and roses that were spread around. In the middle of the reception room was a huge cake, pilot-themed. On top of it, there was an airplane figurine and two pilots. He and her.

Their family and friends started to gather, chitting-chatting with each other and greeting each other. Areum smiled and took a step back, going back to her dressing room. Ari, Nari, Ilhoon, Taeyong, and Jieun were with Areum. Ari, Nari, and Jieun were flower girls and it was exciting for them. As for the boys, they carried the rings.

“You look beautiful, mom,” Ari smiled, hugging Areum.

“Like a princess,” Nari grinned.

“Like a fairy!” Jieun jumped in, sitting on Areum’s lap.

Ilhoon walked up to them and hugged Areum, joined by Taeyong. The kids adored Areum, especially Taeyong and Ilhoon. There were a lot of things they needed to get used to, but with Ari, Nari, and Jieun it was impossible to be an introvert. They shook the boys up and they started to mingle more.

Especially Ilhoon. That boy had been through a lot, so Baekhyun and Areum didn’t push it too much. They let him open up on his own and talk about things once he was ready. Baekhyun and Areum decided to even give him a new name.

A new life.

A new start.

A new name.

They were aware that it was a long way to go, but they were prepared. Areum smiled as the kids clung to her.

“My sweet children,” Areum smiled. 


“Say kimchi!”

“KIMCHI!” They all grinned.

Eunji took a picture and chuckled. “Are we all ready?” She asked.

The kids nodded their heads.

“Alright, go out there and get into your positions,” Eunji smiled. “And you girls, pick up your basket, the ceremony is about to start.”

“On it!” They said in one voice.

The girls giggled and ran outside. Areum stood up and looked at herself in the mirror adjusting her veil once more. She was ready to go, although she was a bit nervous and her heart started to race fast as the moment of the wedding approached. She didn’t like the attention, that was the problem, yet all eyes were going to be on her and Baekhyun.

But was she happy?” Yes.

After everything that she went through in her life, it was finally time for her to be happy. He came into her life and changed it. He made her feel special. He made her feel like a princess. He showed her how a man should truly treat his woman. He accepted her for who she was and didn’t change her. He stood by her side through it all. He helped her get rid of her fear.

He completed her.

*

Baekhyun looked at himself in the mirror, adjusting his suit as he smiled at himself. He was beaming with happiness as he couldn’t wait to say his vows. She was the woman of his dreams. She completed him in every possible way like no woman ever did.

She changed him.

She brought out the best in him.

His sun.

His moon.

His Northern light.

That was Areum.

Athena.

Bambi.

Rose.

For him, she was a sensitive flower that intended to water every day for the rest of his life. Ari and Ilhoon as well. His family deserved nothing but the best and as long as he breathes, nothing and no one will hurt him, regardless of how old they are.

He finally understood his father's words.

She keeps you alive and you know she is the one.

“Are you ready, son?” Mr. Byun called out.

Baekhyun turned around and nodded his head. “I am.”

*

The doors opened and the music started to play the moment Areum stepped out. The people there looked at her, smiles on their faces as some of her relatives ever had tears in their eyes, while others took pictures and waved at her. She cracked her lips into a smile and continued walking down the aisle, followed by the girls who were throwing rose petals around.

Areum looked toward Baekhyun as their eyes locked. Her heart started to race as his hands started to sweat. Her beauty blinded him. His look melted her. The moment she approached her father handed her over to Baekhyun to which the latter bowed slightly and took her hands. The two of them faced each other.

“You’re beautiful,” He whispered, gently squeezing her hands.

“You’re handsome,” She whispered back.

He winked and smirked slightly. Before Areum could react the music stopped and the priest cleared his throat.

“We have gathered here today to witness the marriage of Kim Areum and Byun Baekhyun,” The male continued. “If anyone has anything to say, may he speak now or forever hold it in?”

The guests chuckled.

“Alright,” The latter smiled. “Now that we got that off our chest, let’s continue. Do you Kim Areum take Byun Baekhyun to be your husband? For better or for worse? In sickness and in health? For richer or for poorer? Till death do you part?”

“I do!”

A loud clap and cheer followed after her answer and she couldn’t help but chuckle.

“Do you Byun Baekhyun take Kim Areum to be your wife? For better or for worse? In sickness and in health? For richer or for poorer? Till death do you part?”

“I do!” He grinned. 

Jongin and the crowd whistled and clapped.

“Exchange the rings and kiss the bride!”

Ilhoon held his mom’s ring and Taeyong held Baekhyun’s ring as the two of them exchanged. The moment that was done, Baekhyun pu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter