Let's Pretend

All It Takes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note

Thank you very much for subscribing and commenting.

Thank you for the upvotes.

I'll try to post an update as often as I can.

Have a great weekend!

 

 

Yong-sun looked at herself in the campus comfort room mirror.

 

"What did I get myself into? This is a disaster. Will Byul allow this nonsense? Where is Byul right now? What if she's kissing another woman somewhere, and people think I've been cheated on again? OMG. I need to find Byul now." Yong-sun thought.

 

Yong-sun checked the gym. No sign of Byul. As she exited the gym, she heard two women ahead of her talking about her and Byul.

 

"I don’t believe that Byul changed. I just saw her with Dahee near the science department."

"Maybe she is doing this behind her girlfriend's back. Poor Yong-sun. Nobody takes her seriously, remember Eric?"

"Yeah, Eric is so handsome that being with Yong-sun is such a waste of time. His new girlfriend is not that bad."

"Do you think he got bored with Yong-sun?"

"Maybe, and then now Byul."

"Ahem." Yong-sun cleared loud enough for the two women to get startled. When they realized that she had heard everything, they walked fast and disappeared from her sight.

"Haters." Yong-sun muttered.

 

Ever since the breakup, she had felt ugly. She felt that something was wrong with her and that she was not attractive enough. Her self-esteem was down the drain. She tried, but every time she saw Eric and Katie, it felt like she was being slapped on the face that she was not good enough.

 

Yong-sun went to the science department and found Byul near the stairs with a woman. She could not hear what they were talking about, but judging from how the woman was standing too close to Byul, she could tell that the woman was flirting with Byul.

 

Byul was with Dahee, her buddy, and to Byul's dismay, Dahee was becoming clingy.

Dahee touched Byul’s arm and stood close to her.

 

"I’ve heard about your new conquest. Does she satisfy you the way I do?", Dahee flirtatiously looked at Byul.

"We are not—" When Byul noticed Yong-sun standing nearby, he pushed Dahee away.

 

"Yong-sun!" exclaimed Byul.

 

"So it’s true." Dahee said, in disbelief. She looked at Yong-sun from head to toe.

"Seriously, Byul, you can do better than this." Dahee said, disappointed. She left the two.

 

Yong-sun looked defeated. She heard what Dahee said, and she was right. How could she ask Byul to pretend with her? She looked at Dahee, who looked perfect even from the back. She knew she had this insecurity, especially when she was reminded that she was not tall and had a round face. And then here was Dahee being so perfect. She must be crazy to think Byul would agree to fake date her.

 

"I forgot what I wanted to tell you. I’ll just... leave," Yong-sun said dejectedly.

 

"Is there something wrong?" Byul was worried that Yong-sun would be affected by what Dahee said. Damn Dahee for ruining her plan. Byul noticed that Yong-sun was kind of insecure right now, maybe because of what Eric did to her.

"I hate Eric." Byul thought.

 

"Nothing. I really just can’t remember why I’m here." Yong-sun started to walk away.

 

"Yong-sun!" Byul called.

Yong-sun looked back.

 

"Yes, I’ll do it." Byul smiled at her. Yong-sun steps towards Byul. "What? How did you know?"

 

"It's simple. Based on what happened yesterday, the gossip going around the university today, and the fact that you are not denying it, I assumed you wanted me to help you."

"That doesn’t make sense."

"Yeah, it does. You want to piss off your ex. You want people to think you have moved on. Do you not enjoy it when people think that you have miraculously changed me, the famous Byul?"

Yong-sun laughed. "You are so full of yourself."

"What I’m trying to say is that I’m in. Tell me what you want."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter