Hurricane Eric

All It Takes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Miscommunication is the key to heartbreak.

 

 

Byul is at her apartment watching this band of thieves on Netflix. She found that she had recently developed a dislike for a specific word... and she had been hearing it on the show she was now watching.

 

FAKE jewelry

 

FAKE money

 

It's as if the show was taunting her.

 

FAKE girlfriend

 

Yes, it bothered her that much because it didn't feel fake anymore.

 

"I need to talk to Yong. I just don’t know when is the right time." She thought to herself.

 

 

Yong was currently washing the dishes in her apartment. She had been cleaning all day to distract herself from how much she missed Byul. She was looking forward to seeing Byul at the university tomorrow. She wondered if their little encounter meant anything to Byul. And, to be honest, it was not a minor issue for her; it was a major one. She didn’t like having with just anyone, and she was sure that she kissed Byul first.

 

"Maybe I should talk to Byul. To get things straight. To quit faking it and start dating for real. I'm hoping we're on the same page." Yong thought.

 

 

"Have you heard the news?" Jennie asked Hwasa and Yong.

"Is it true?" Yong asked.

"Your ex and Katie broke up. They unfollowed each other on Instagram. " Hwasa confirmed.

"Really? Do you know why?"

"No one really knows, but many speculate that Eric likes someone else."

"Do you know who?"

"No idea. Let's see who will be his date in the coming days."

 

Wheein and Lisa arrived. Lisa was seated next to her girlfriend, and Wheein was seated next to Hwasa.

 

"Where’s Byul?" asked Jennie.

"In the library."

"In the library?"

"Yeah, I know, it doesn't sound like Byul"

"I actually thought she was joking." Wheein added.

"Don't be like that to Byul." Yong defended Byul.

 

Byul was at the library with her photography classmates' group. They were talking about images and other things Byul could not remember. She tried to concentrate, but all she could think about was Yong.

 

Yong's face. Yong's smile. Yong's body. Yong's body.

 

"What?" Byul asked.

"We are asking if you are okay with our plan."

Even if she has no idea what the plan is, Byul answered. "Yes, of course."

"Okay then, we’ll meet at your place tomorrow at 10 a.m."

"Wait, what?"

 

 

Byul was waiting in front of Yong's classroom after their lengthy meeting in the library.

 

"Waiting for your soon to be ex-girlfriend?"

 

She looked at her side to see who the was bothering her and saw Eric grinning.

 

"What do you need?"

"Nothing. I just want to let you know that I’ll take back what’s mine."

"And how will you do that?"

"I know what Yong wants. Me."

"You’re delusional. Yong doesn’t love you anymore."

 

Determined to piss off Byul, he said, "Is that what she told you?"

 

"You’re desperate."

 

Eric smirked and said, " I'll let you in on a little secret. Do you know she occasionally calls me? To say how much she misses me and wishes to see me?"

 

Eric looked at Byul from head to toe. " I don't mean to be rude, but did you truly think she liked you?”

 

As much as Byul wanted to say yes, she really didn’t know the answer.

 

Eric continued, "I know she's only using you to make me jealous. Never expect her to choose you over me."

 

Byul was taken aback.

 

Eric whispered, "She also misses me in bed. She told me."

 

Byul urged herself to speak.

"You are lying."

 

"Ask her."

 

Eric walked away, leaving Byul agitated.

 

When Yong came out of the classroom, she saw Byul leaning on the wall, lost in her thoughts.

 

Yong held Byul's hand. "Hey babe, is there a problem?"

 

Byul didn’t know how to react. She appreciated the physical contact and the sweetness of Yong's voice, but all she could think about right now were Eric's words. "She also misses me in bed. She told me."

 

"Yes, No, Nothing..."I mean, let’s go?"

 

Yong clung to Byul with her arms. "Are you sure you are okay?"

 

"Yes, I’m just thinking about our project in one of my classes."

"Okay, what’s the project about?"

"Something about photography."

"Ooohhh... interesting. Will you have a model for that?"

"Yes, we already contacted a model who is willing. We’ll do the shoot tomorrow at my apartment."

"So, you’ll be busy this weekend, I was going to ask you if you wanted to watch a movie at my place. "

"I want to but…"

"Of course I understand... no problem." Yong kisses Byul’s cheek. "Let’s go."

 

It had been a quiet ride to Yong’s apartment. She invited Byul to dinner, but she declined and reasoned out that she still needed to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter