The Morning After

All It Takes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Soft light poured in through the curtains, lighting up the room. Byul slowly opened her eyes and smiled, seeing a face she would love to wake up to every day. Yong’s face was only a few centimeters away from hers, lips slightly parted. They were both and their legs were tangled under the sheets. She closed her eyes, and her thoughts returned to the events of the previous night.

 

Byul felt a shift on the bed. Yong pulled her closer. She opened her eyes and saw Yong looking at her, smiling. Yong's deep dimples, which Byul loves so much, appeared on her face. She reached up and Yong’s cheek.

 

“Good morning,” Byul whispered, her voice deep and husky.

Yong kissed her on the lips. “Good morning to you too.”

“How are you feeling?”

“I feel good. Last night felt good.” Yong assured.

 

Byul kissed Yong tenderly.

 

"I wanted to make this official, but we should talk first." Byul suggested.

"I agree. There are lots of misunderstandings between us." Yong added.

 

Byul looked Yong in the eyes. "First, please believe me when I say I have no feelings for Dahee. There is no one I would rather kiss over and over than you," Byul said as she lightly kissed Yong's hand.

 

"I'd also like to ask this," Byul said, showing a photo of Yong and Eric at the café.

"Wheein saw you that day. So... what exactly happened here?"

 

"That was not planned. I was in the cafe waiting for my phone to get repaired. I guess he saw me at the cafe and decided that it was his chance to make advances. I rejected him right away. It was really nothing."

 

Byul nodded. "Also, before that, Eric cornered me to say that you still call him, telling him that you miss him. I think that was what prompted me to avoid you—that Eric must be telling the truth."

"That liar! I haven't called him since we broke up."

"Really? He also mentioned how much you miss him in bed."

"What?!" "No, I don't! That jerk!"

 

Byul let out a sigh of relief.

 

"Oh no. Did you believe him?" asked a worried Yong.

"Yeah, I did."

"Byul, Eric is my past, and there is nothing he can do to convince me to go back to him," Yong assured.

"Okay, but then, what about at the party? You seemed to prefer him over me."

"I’m really sorry about that. Honestly, I tried to make you jealous that night because of the kiss, but I regretted it as soon as I realized I had hurt you. I don’t care about Eric. I promise that it won’t happen again."

Byul smiled and gave her a kiss on the lips. "I trust you."

Yong felt relieved.

"Thank you, and maybe because I'm used to exes leaving me for someone else, I immediately put walls between us so I wouldn't get hurt. I assumed there was something between you and Dahee, and there was a picture, but I should have asked you about it instead of jumping to conclusions." Yong clarified.

"I don't blame you. That picture was good evidence against me. Even if you gave me a chance to explain, it would be difficult to believe given my previous relationships. From the beginning, you knew that all of my relationships were meaningless. It's because I didn't want to be hurt. That's why I was scared when I started to have genuine feelings for you."

Yong gently kissed her. "We're both afraid of getting hurt, so we should start to trust and communicate more to understand each other."

 

"I couldn't agree with you more."

 

They lay there looking at each other. Byul caressed Yong’s cheek.

 

Contentment.

 

"Do you still have our contract?" inquired Byul.

"Yes, it's in that drawer," Yong said, pointing to the drawer beside the bed.

 

Byul reached for it, exposing his body to Yong. She can’t help but stare.

They both read the contract aloud. It felt absurd to read it now, knowing they had broken every rule.

 

"As of today, this contract is no longer in effect," Byul declared. She crumpled the contract and aimed for the trash can near the door. It landed perfectly inside.

 

"Come here." She motioned for Yong to lay on her arm. Yong followed without any qualms.

"I am so grateful to be here with you. I am done pretending."

Paused.

"Yong?"

"Yes?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?" asked Byul.

 

Yong pretends to be thinking. Byul became tense.

"Isn't it obvious, Byul?"

"Well, it looks like you want to, but I cannot assume, right? I need an answer."

"Yes, of course! I’ll be your girlfriend!"

Byul smiled. "We can make this relationship work. We're going on a lot of dates."

"Many..." Byul kissed Yong’s left cheek.

"Many..." Byul kissed Yong’s right cheek.

"Many dates," Byul said as she kissed Yong on the lips.

"I like that." Yong laughed as she kissed Byul. They can't stop smiling.

 

"Wait, how about your copy of the contract?" Yong asked.

Byul smirked. "It was long gone. "I had no plan to fulfill that contract."

Yong lightly and playfully punched Byul. "You!"

"Remember when you said I wasn't your type? What happened?" teased Byul.

"It turns out I was wrong," Yong laughed.

"Admit it, I am absolutely your type."

"I guess I just can't resist these lips," Yong said, pressing her lips against Byul's.

"Hmmm..." Byul moaned.

 

Yong was about to continue when she heard her stomach growl. She had to stop herself from kissing Byul. "Enough kissing, babe. Let's get dressed; I'm starving."

Byul whined.

"What do you want to eat?" Yong tried to slide off the bed to get dressed. Byul held her back and pulled her back to bed.

"You," Byul answered.

Yong raised her eyebrow.

"What? A girl has needs!" responded Byul.

"No, aren't you tired? We've been at it all night." Yong said.

"I'll never get tired of you, babe." Byul replied.

"I'm serious, babe. I'm hungry and thirsty. I need some energy."

Byul pouted.

"You are so cute acting like a child. Come on, get up." And then Yong whispered into Byul’s ear, "If you get up now, you can have me for desert."

Byul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter