Thrills, Chills, and All the Feels

All It Takes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note

First, I apologize for the late update.

And to everyone who waited, thank you.

I hope you enjoy this new chapter.

Have fun reading!

 

 

"It's past 9 a.m. We should get ready." Yong reminded.

"One more round, please," begged Byul.

"Aren't you tired? My fingers are tired."

 

Byul pouted.

Yong looked at Byul.

 

"Babe, we have been playing all day. If we don't stop now, we will be late."

 

Byul was usually the better player, but Yong's competitive nature kept her coming back for more. Byul loved to challenge her and her skills, and Yong was determined to beat her at least once.

 

"Last game?" Byul pleased.

"Okay, fine. Last one."

 

Byul was so focused on the game that she barely noticed when Yong put her hand on her shoulder and leaned in for a kiss.

 

Surprised but pleased, Byul turned her head and kissed her back. They stayed in that position for a few moments before they realized they were both still holding their phones.

 

"I won!" Yong declared.

"That's cheating! You distracted me!" Byul whined.

"It's a fair game. And you seem to enjoy the kiss."

Byul whined. "Babe..."

 

Yong simply looked at her and gave the impression that she should get her off the sofa.

 

"Okay, babe." Byul obediently answered.

 

It was a typical hot day. The kind of day that begs you to go outside and do something fun. At the entrance of the amusement park, Byul and Yong arrived and joined Jennie, Lisa, and Wheein.

 

"Where is Hwasa?" Yong asked the group.

Wheein pointed at the hotdog stand. "There."

 

After they got their all-day pass at the booth, they outright lined up for the rollercoaster ride. It was the perfect way to start the fun. The line was relatively long, with about fifteen or more people in front of them and many more behind.

Finally, it's their turn. Byul held Yong's hand as the bars came down and strapped them into the ride. Yong smiled lovingly, tightening her hold on Byul.

The ride started. A loud scream was heard all through the ride.

Wheein and Hwasa stumbled and walked towards the photo booth. They saw Byul looking at her hand, obviously in pain. Byul's hand felt like it was going to fall off. Then they saw Yong, white like a ghost. Almost like her soul left her.

 

"Are you okay?" Wheein asked a disheveled Yong.

"I- i'm fine," said Yong in a hoarse voice.

"You don't look fine."

"And Byul, what happened to your hand?"

"Someone," she pointed at Yong, "squished the life out of it."

 

Yong gently reached for Byul's hand and kissed it. "I'm sorry, babe."

Byul whispered, "It's my right hand, and it's your favorite hand, remember?"

Yong gasped. She patted Byul's hand like a baby.

 

"Okay, I'll pretend that I did not see and hear that." Jennie said.

"Let's ride something that is not as scary as that. How about those swan boats on the lake?" Lisa added.

All agreed.

"Swans, here we come."

 

By pair, they entered their designated swan.

"Enjoy the ride," said the attendant.

 

Wheein and Hwasa were busy pedaling.

"Where are we going?"

"At the middle of the lake."

"Oh, that's a good spot for a picture."

They reached the good spot and took lots of pictures. They were happy. They looked at each other. They know that what they have is not romance but a long-lasting friendship. Friends can be soulmates too.

 

Meanwhile, Lisa was busy taking pictures of Jennie.

"I'm tired. Let's switch."

"Okay, let me drive this thing."

She took a picture of Lisa looking cool.

"Wait, are we going in circles?" Jennie noticed.

"I don't know how this thing works."

They ended up on the secluded side.

"Let's just stay here."

"What? Why?"

"You want to kiss?"

"Oh, okay!"

 

"Left!" Byul turned the wheel. "Now, right!" Byul spun it once again.

"Yah! Byul, that's dangerous!" Another sudden turn cut short Yong's words.

"But it's fun." Byul continued laughing.

Yong grabbed the steering wheel in an attempt to take over. "Let me steer."

Byul let go and let an annoyed Yong steer the swan boat.

 

Byul grabbed Yong for a hug. "Are you happy?" Byul asked.

Yong smiled widely. "Very."

 

"I wonder what attraction to go to next." Yong broke eye contact while Byul frowned a little as the little moment they shared ended.

"I'd rather continue stari

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter