Holy on a stick

Love House

Welcome to Love house.

The rules are simple:

The contestants will live together in the beach house provided during the period of one (1) month.

The contestants will attempt to get to know each other and connect with other contestants.

The contestants may not discuss age or career paths until they go to the Love Villa.

Every week a matching session will take place and every couple that chooses each other will get to go to the Love Villa.

Once the month is over, a final matching session will be held and the contestants will choose who they want to go home with.

Good luck.

  • - -

Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo crosses the large white door of the beach house, one bag in one hand and suitcase in the other. He honestly can’t believe his family convinced him of doing something like this. Exposing himself on a dating show wasn’t his idea of fun, however, he could understand his family’s feelings.

He hasn’t been in a relationship in four years.

Four years.

Of course, being so busy with his business and making sure it was successful left little time for romance. He was a busy man, and they had to understand that. He didn’t really have time for a partner. Let alone marriage or kids or whatever came after.

Although, he had to admit; the idea wasn’t all that bad. The show was very successful so if he made a good impression that would mean several people would search him online, and that’s free promo for his business. Maybe he could get more out of the show than someone to hang out with and have occasional .

Maybe.

He hears a laugh down the hall. He can’t see any cameramen, but he knows the cameras are there. He was told there were cameras pretty much everywhere in the house, except for maybe the bathrooms and parts of their bedrooms.

He sees three suitcases in the hall, so he quickly drops his stuff next to those and walks further into the house. The first thing that catches his attention is the glass walls covering the back of the house. The view of the beach is amazing, and he can’t wait to try the ocean. He’s always been a water enthusiast, after all.

Just then, he allows himself to lay eyes on the other people there. There are only three so far, one more different from the other. He suddenly feels a bit overdressed with his dress shirt and pants, but he didn’t know what else he could wear to such a meeting. One of these people might be his future partner.

He takes a deep breath and forces a smile to his lips as he walks over to them. The first one to stand up is wearing a white shirt with ripped jeans. He’s taller than him, but his baby face tells Kyungsoo he might be a lot younger. He smiles and bows politely, and the other two follow.

“Hey,” Kyungsoo greets as he returns the gesture. “I’m Do Kyungsoo… nice to meet you guys.”

The first guy nods. “I’m Oh Sehun, nice to meet you.” He brushes back his gray hair with a smile. He has an idol type of face. Very handsome. Kyungsoo feels like he belongs on the cover of a magazine.

The guy next to him is wearing a very expensive-looking sweater and dark jeans. He smiles, pushing his phone into his pocket. “I’m Byun Baekhyun.” He gives Kyungsoo an appreciative scan, and a slow smirk comes to his lips. Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow, doing the same. Easy smile, a few ear piercings, and caramel hair to complement.

The last guy has to be the weirdest one yet. His expression doesn’t say much, but his right arm is covered in tattoos. He has at least ten piercings and judging by the AC/DC shirt and washed-out jeans, he’s a rock enthusiast. “Kim Jongin.” He says simply.

“Nice to meet you all.” Kyungsoo sits down across from them, just so he can observe them properly.

“I was about to interrogate everyone…” Baekhyun smiles, reaching out for a glass, sitting carefully on the coffee table and taking a sip. Probably water. “Let’s start with you. Why are you here?”

Kyungsoo clears his throat. “Uh, well… looking for love, I imagine.” He chuckles, looking down at his hands as his fingers play with the plastic cover on his phone. “My family believes it’s time for me to settle down.”

Baekhyun nods, looking like he’s processing the information. “What about you?” He turns to Sehun.

“Hmm,” Sehun tilts his head slightly. “I was a fan of the show from season one. I thought it would be a fun way to meet people.”

“Really?” Baekhyun chuckles. “I’m here because I’m always catching feelings for the wrong people. I swear, I only look at the bad ones, so I thought this would be my chance of meeting someone decent.”

Kyungsoo nods. “Sounds fair.”

Baekhyun smiles, glancing at Jongin. “What about you, Avril Lavigne?”

Jongin blinks, like he wasn’t expecting the conversation to be directed at him at any point. He opens his mouth as if he’s about to say something, but nothing comes out of it. Kyungsoo smiles at him, trying to be reassuring. The other scratches the back of his head, thinking about what he’s about to say.

“I lost a bet.”

The other three stare at him for a moment and Baekhyun is the first one to burst out laughing. Kyungsoo kind of follows.

“That’s amazing.”

Jongin simply nods, avoiding all eye contact.

Kyungsoo clears his throat. “Have you guys chosen your rooms yet?”

Baekhyun shakes his head. “We were just talking here before you arrived. We haven’t explored the house yet.”

“Let’s do that then and we can get to know each other more over dinner.” Kyungsoo smiles. “I can cook something?”

“You can cook?” Sehun’s eyebrows nearly touch his hairline.

“I do.”

Baekhyun smirks. “That just added more points.”

“More?” Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow.

“Well, yeah… that and your handsome face.” Baekhyun winks before they head over to get their suitcases.

Kyungsoo blinks, taking a deep breath. This is going to be far from what he expected.

  • -   -

“Ah, our contestants have arrived. Welcome to Love House everyone, I’m your host Kim Jongdae and next to me I have…”

“Kim Minseok.”

“And Zhang Yixing.”

“And we’ll be commenting on the episodes as we advance through the season.” Jongdae nods as he looks at the other two. “What do we think of this season, contestants? We have four so far.”

Minseok nods. “Yes, at first glance, the first thing I noticed was that they’re all so different.”

“Oh, I noticed too. Their vibes differ completely from each other.” Yixing adds. “I’m worried.”

“You think they won’t get along?” Jongdae asks. “I think being different might help the romance.”

“Having differences at least will keep things interesting… I can’t wait to see how they will coexist within the house.” Minseok says.

“Good for content,” Yixing laughs.

Minseok nods.

“I guess we’ll have to wait and see,” Jongdae shakes his head. “So far we’ve seen some display of interest from Baekhyun towards Kyungsoo.”

“Ah yes, he’s openly flirting with him… I wonder if this is just his personality or if he’s marking territory so early in the show.” Minseok says.

“He seems very outgoing.” Yixing nods.

“Meanwhile, Jongin appears to be the complete opposite,” Jongdae says. “What did he call him? Avril Lavigne?”

They all laugh.

“That was kind of mean, for a first meeting,” Minseok says.

Yixing chuckles. “But Jongin didn’t look bothered by it, so we’ll have to wait and see…”

“I have the feeling some great and fun couples will come out of this season,” Jongdae says.

“We’ll see.”

  • - -

Kyungsoo drops his suitcase and his bag next to the immense bed that’s taking up most of the space in the room. The white sheets are nicely made, and he has a balcony with a splendid view of the ocean. He would never in a million years think that he’d ever be in a place like this. He opens the doors of the balcony, and the salty and warm wind instantly hits his face.

Luckily, they didn’t have to pick their rooms themselves. Each room has their names on the door, so they knew where to go. His bedroom also has a bathroom, so they wouldn’t have to share, which is a plus. He noticed there were other two doors that were nameless so he could guess that two more contestants would show up, eventually.

While exploring the house, they saw the game room, a bar, a tv room, and a large hot tub just in the backyard just next to the pool. Every space is perfect and thought of so they could spend time together and have fun while getting to know each other. Kyungsoo can only hope it all goes well.

So far, he doesn’t know what to make out of the first impressions he got. Of course, all of them were cute, but he couldn’t simply decide based on looks. Not that he’s in a hurry, he has an entire month ahead of him to get to know these people better.

And what if he ends up not liking anyone?

His mother would be so upset.

With a sigh, he decides on a shower and then he can go check out the kitchen.

A while later, he opens the door to the fridge and is pleased to find it’s full. They have everything they could ever need for dinner. He bites his bottom lip as he tries to figure out what he can make for everybody. He has to find out if there’s something they can’t or won’t eat.

Baekhyun is the second one on the first floor. His clothes are casual but not less expensive than what he was wearing before. They smile at each other when their eyes collide.

“What are you planning for dinner?” Baekhyun eyes him curiously, sitting on a stool.

“I don’t know… any allergies or something you don’t eat?” Kyungsoo turns to him, fridge still open.

Baekhyun seems to think about it for a moment. “Not really.”

“Cool, I’ll have to ask the others.” Kyungsoo pulls out a few ingredients and when he turns around to set them on the counter, he becomes speechless.

What in the world?

Walking in from the backyard is a soaked and half- Jongin. If it wasn’t for the towel he was holding around his waist, they would have a perfect view of God knows what. Kyungsoo’s brain is about to explode. Another soaked but not as Sehun walks in behind him, shooting them a smile. They stand by the back door and blink at the other two.

“We were trying the hot tub,” Sehun explains.

“?” Baekhyun questions, however his eyes never leave Jongin’s figure. Not that Kyungsoo can blame him.

What a sight it is.

There’s perfectly tanned and smooth-looking skin everywhere, defined abs, and God, Kyungsoo would be lying if he said he doesn’t want to look beyond that white towel. He’s a Greek deity under the rock band t-shirt and eyeliner.

How is this possible?

Kyungsoo thinks maybe he can decide based on looks just a little.

Maybe.

Jongin says nothing, and he quickly makes his way up the stairs. The rest of them just sigh.

“Holy on a stick,” Baekhyun mumbles although it’s loud enough for Kyungsoo to hear.

Holy on a stick, indeed.