Chapter 3: Zaru Soba Part 1

One Bowl, Please!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Finish your soba then come to the back. Let’s talk about your contract.”

 

Seulgi smiles, knowing that Joohyun offered that type of service made her feel relieved. Getting her to act as her pretend girlfriend was the reason she went back to the noodle shop in the first place.

 

Seulgi starts eating her not-so-hot soba now. She ate quietly, enjoying the delicious flavor the buckwheat noodles offers along with its springy texture. She suddenly heard tapping on the counter. It was Joohyun tapping her fingers and glaring at her.

 

“What….?”

 

“Do you not find the soba delicious…” Joohyun asks while gritting her teeth.

 

“Uh… I do.”

 

“Then why aren’t you making loud slurping noises?? Or making yummy sounds??”

 

“DUH! Because I have manners! Making such sounds is just barbaric. A woman like me must act civilized. Unlike you…”

 

“JENNEHHH! Get me the monster ladle!!!”

 

“WHAT’S WITH YOU AND LADLES??” Seulgi fights back with her chopsticks.

 

Before a brawl could breakout a customer entered.

 

“There you are Seul!” Wendy enters the shop but stops when she sees Judon holding a humungous ladle with both hands, mid-swing, aiming at her best friend. And her friend using her chopsticks to poke Judon repeatedly.

 

“AWWW! Is this your first argument as a couple?” She “uwus”.

 

Seulgi drops the chopsticks, embarrassment creeped in. Judon drops the ladle… on Seulgi’s head.

 

“OW!”

 

“Why are you guys arguing?” Wendy asks while walking up to her friend. She sat next to Seulgi and dropped her bag on the floor.

 

“SHE STARTED IT!!” Seulgi yelps.

 

“NO I DIDN’T!” Judon screams back. Jennie and Solar were holding her back from pouncing  Seulgi. “Your friend called me uncivilized!”

 

Wendy gasps and turns to Seulgi. “SEULGI-YA! Why would you say such a thing to you girlfriend???”

 

“I’m not her girlfriend!” Judon crosses her arms and raised her brow at Seulgi.

 

“OH! Then… what are you guys? Seul are you courting her?”

 

“NO! SHE’S COURTING ME….?”

 

As Seulgi was yelling, Judon grabs her pen and scribbled something down her notepad. She tore it off and  stealthily flashes Seulgi what she wrote.

 

Wooing………………….$30.00

 

“..Ah I meant Ye-yeah I’M courting her!” She nervously says. This earns chuckles from the 3 girls behind the counter.

 

“SEUL! How can you say stuff like that to someone you like? I mean can you imagine someone saying that stuff to me? That would be upsetting.”

 

Seulgi frowns immediately imagining what Wendy had just said. She plays with her fingers and starts swaying like a child.

 

“Plus, you’re the one courting her… you should be nice to her.”

 

Wendy places her hand on Seulgi’s cheek. “Go kiss and make-up with her”. Seulgi blushes at the physical contact and then turns to Judon. But the moment she sees Judon all the butterflies in her stomach quickly disintegrated.

 

Judon was leaning on the counter, her left elbow firmly placed on it. Her chin resting on her propped up hand. Judon playfully tilting her head and puckering her lips.

 

Seulgi has never been so annoyed in her whole life until now. Only God knew how much she wanted to wipe that obnoxious look off.

 

“EWW..” she unintentionally said while looking at Judon’s lips.

 

Judon smiled at Seulgi’s reaction. “Eww? Hahaha really now? You think my lips are disgusting?” Her right brow raised with intrigue.

 

“DON’T LIE SEUL!” Wendy slaps Seulgi’s shoulder. “She doesn’t mean that Judon. She told me earlier she had a great time with you… especially with all the slurping.” She winks at Judon.

 

Seulgi was not pleased. She recalled Judon winking at Wendy this morning. The winking between the 2 has to stop. In a very annoyed tone she lectured Wendy. “You CANNOT slurp lips FYI! Slurping is synonymous to drinking! Lips are solid ergo you cannot slurp it! BLEH!” 

 

Judon giggles and bites down on her lower lip. Mischief plastered on her pretty face. “MAYBE you should tell your best friend what it was you were slurping last Saturday… THAT WAS LIQUID!”

 

“YAH JOOHYU- JUDON! Don’t say that!” Jennie says all giggly while slapping her friend. Solar can’t help it anymore she laughs out loud. Wendy also giggles at that.

 

Seulgi’s mouth drops open, dumbfounded. To be honest she didn’t know what was funny nor what Judon meant when she teased what she was slurping. The only thing she knows is that she feels embarrassed. She turned red, brows knitted. 

 

“Why are you so cute when you’re confused??” Judon pinches her cheek softly which caught her off-guard. Her brows started relaxing. closed forming a pout.

 

“OMO! I didn’t think you could get any cuter!” Judon stopped pinching her cheek but pinches her chin instead. At the same tickling the adorable Seulgi.

 

Seulgi started giggling and smiling widely. Solar nudged Judon, pointing to Wendy. She saw Wendy’s face, the way she was looking at Seulgi with longing eyes. She subtly pokes Seulgi to get her attention. She used her eyes to instruct the girl to look to her side.

 

Seulgi blushed and smiled when she saw jealousy written all over her friend’s face. Getting this kind of attention from her best friend sparked something in her. Seulgi glances on the piece of paper right next to her bowl of soba. She quickly scans what service she can avail at this moment. She smirks before speaking. 

 

“Judon, stop talking about last Saturday. What happened that night is very intimate and special to me. Let’s just keep it between us.”  She glances at Wendy. “Also they don’t need to know what I was slurping… they only need to know that you enjoyed it!” Seulgi says as confidently as she could because she had no friggin idea what she was saying.

 

“Hmm… I guess you’re right” Judon was honestly impressed by Seulgi’s quick wit.  “BUT I’m still upset with you…”

 

“How about I kiss you to make you feel a little better” Seulgi said it tenderly and very sweetly.

 

“Hihi…” Judon started acting shyly.

 

Jennie and Solar had to turn around so they wouldn’t laugh at how staged it all was.

 

Seulgi can feel an intense gaze coming from Wendy. She reaches out to Judon. Caressing her face as she leaned forward to kiss her on her cheek.

 

“DAMN SEUL! I didn’t know you could be like this!” Wendy slaps her friend’s shoulder. “Honestly… I’m a little jealous…”

 

Seulgi and Judon were internally cheering because their little skit was working all too well. Wendy looks at Judon. “I wish I could be in your shoes..” her tone was a little sad. She was about to talk some more but Seulgi’s phone started ringing.

 

“Hold on Wendy. It’s my sister, Yerimie… Hello?”

 

“EONNI!! HELP ME! I’M BEING CHASED BY CREEPS!!”

 

“WHAT??? WHERE ARE YOU??”

 

“KYAAAAHHH!!!!” The call ends.

 

“YERIMAH??” Seulgi screams at her phone.

 

“SEUL! I heard her shriek from outside! She must be around the area! Let’s go!” Wendy runs out immediately. Seulgi followed suit but Joohyun grabs her arm. 

 

“Here!” Joohyun hands her a medium sized ladle.

 

“What is it?”

 

“A wand.” She deadpa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter