Chapter 10: Mushroom Part 2

One Bowl, Please!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Perfect 10?”

 

“Mhm!”

 

“Sooo what is it??”

 

“Hold up.. I’m driving…”

 

“Sorry! Go focus on the road first, Seulgi.”

 

Joohyun pulls her phone out of her pocket and starts playing some game.

 

“Why is it so traffic?!” Seulgi complained. “Sooooo…”

 

“So?”

 

“Do you want to know why I called it Perfect 10?”

 

“Not really.”

 

“WHY NOT?? I thought of the name for 10 minutes!”

 

“I want to know what the actual plan is. I want to prepare myself.”

 

Seulgi whines and pouts.

 

“ARGGGGH FINE YOU WHINEY BEAR! WHY is it called “Perfect 10”?”

 

“It’s called perfect 10 because by the end of this day, Wendy will see me as a Perfect 10/10 girlfriend!!!!” She says too proudly.

 

“WOW! That’s-… that’s great…” she said sarcastically. “You’re lucky you’re cute. Because that was very underwhelming.”

 

“You really are a meanie Joohyun.”

 

“Hehe cheer up! I’ll help you make it happen! Operation perfect girlfriend Seulgi hihi cute. What services are you using?”

 

“Hand holding, I’ll put my arm around you for sure… and uh maybe a kiss.”

 

“What kind?”

 

“Nothing intrusive.. I don’t want you to be uncomfortable again.”

 

“It’s okay, just please let me know before you do.”

 

“ALSO! You need to take your hoody off.”

 

“Why??? It’s cold in the theatre!”

 

“I know that! That’s why I’ll give you my jacket… you know, in front of Wendy.”

 

“AHHHH…. I wish you told me earlier. I’m only wearing a tank top inside.”

 

“Don’t worry I’ll put my jacket on you before we enter.”

 

“Okay Seulgi. What’s the signal?”

 

“Just say you’re cold anytime when we’re buying snacks.”

 

“OOOH snacks!” She said excitedly. “I love popcorn!”

 

“That’s the other thing. I’ll pay for everyones snacks! I want to look really good you know.”

 

Joohyun’s eyes widen. “Wow! I love free food even more!! I like this plan a lot Seulgi!!”

 

“RIGHT??”

 

Joohyun nods animatedly.

 

“And for more free stuff, I’ll treat everyone for dinner.”

 

“REALLY??” Joohyun’s eyes were twinkling now. “Now I’m really happy I agreed to this! Free movie, free food AND I GET PAID!!” She grinned.

 

Seulgi can’t help but be captivated by Joohyun’s smiling face. It makes her feels things she doesn’t understand. She smiled unknowingly.

 

“YA SEULGI! Eyes on the road!”

 

“Ahh !” She panics. “S-sorry!” she side-eyed Joohyun who was cutely playing on her phone. “We’re near the mall. You should leave your hoody here in the car.”

 

“Mmkay!” She starts ping. She folds her hoody and placed it in the back seat. “Almost pulled a muscle there hehe.”

 

Seulgi parked the car and turned to her passenger who was fixing her hair. She gulps seeing more skin from Joohyun. “Um you set?”

 

“Yea lets go.”

 

When they get to the cinema lobby, Wendy and Sooyoung were already there. They were being clingy love birds as usual. But Seulgi wasn’t bothered, she was too busy gawking at Wendy. Her friend is very attractive in her fitted black shirt and ripped jeans. Sooyoung starts waving excitedly. She runs to hug Judon.

 

“Judon eonni!!! You look soo good!”

 

“Hey Sooyoung..” she says shyly.

 

“Hey Seul! You took a while. Hey Judon!”

 

“It was kinda traffic. Did you guys wait long?” She smiled, blushing a little when her friend looked her in the eyes.

 

“Not too long.”

 

Sooyoung was still squeezing/hugging Judon. “Eonni! Aren’t you cold?” She asked as she shook the girl a bit. 

 

“Hey Wannie, you okay? You look pale…” Seulgi asked her when she noticed Wendy was shivering.

 

Judon waved to Wendy and tapped Seulgi.

 

“Seulgi I’m feeling co-..” She was cut by Wendy.

 

“I’m okay Seul, just feeling cold.”

 

“OH! Here! Wear my jacket.” Seulgi offered rather fast.

 

Judon’s head snaps to Seulgi. She pouts.

 

“Lets go buy our snacks. The movie will start pretty soon.” Seulgi says to them. “My treat!”

 

“Yay! Hmm let me pick…” Sooyoung says. “I’ll have some popcorn and some Maltesers… how bout you babe?” She pulls Wendy. 

 

“I’ll just share with you.”

 

“Are you sure Wannie? I’m paying.” Seulgi asked one more time.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Okay I’ll order now! Come with me Wannie.”

 

Judon frowns. ‘She didn’t even ask for my order..’ she thought.

 

Sooyoung went to the restroom while the two best friends were in line for the snacks. Judon was left in the middle of the lobby freezing her off.

 

“Hey Seulgi, what will Judon have?” Wendy asked.

 

“Fudge I forgot to ask!”

 

“Uh Seul..” Wendy tapped her friend. “Who is that boy giving Judon his jacket?”

 

Seulgi’s head whips to look at Judon. Her eyes almost popped out. Her brows scrunched up and she starts chewing on her lower lip.

 

“Wan… keep an eye on them. I’ll be back!”

 

5 mins had passed and Wendy could not find her friend. She continues to keep an eye on Judon who was talking to the boy.

 

The boy put her hand on Judon’s shoulder.

 

“You look even smaller when you’re wearing my jacket!”

 

Judon scoffed. “You’re just really tall.”

 

“Soo cute!” The boy was going to pinch her cheeks but his hand was swatted away. “OW!” He pulls his hand back and soothes it.

 

“Don’t touch her…” Seulgi grumbled. She removes the jacket off Judon and hands it back to the boy.

 

“She’s cold… I’m lending her my jacket.”

 

“She doesn’t need your jacket.” She says with a low tone. She then puts a bomber jacket on Judon. She zips it up, her face still serious. “Please leave now…”

 

“We’re not done talking, right Joo-…”

 

Seulgi grabbed Judon’s hand and intertwined their fingers. She raised it to show the boy. “She’s already taken… please go away.” 

 

The boy raised his brow. “And what if I don’t?”

 

Seulgi grips Judon’s hand harder. She gulps not really knowing what to do. The boy was physically bigger and stronger. She could feel tears building in the corner of her eyes. She’s frustrated she can’t do a thing.

 

Before her tears could fall she felt Judon wrap her arm around her waist and leaned her head on her chest. Just like before Judon starts soothing her back to make her relax.

 

“Stop upsetting my girlfriend!” Judon says.

 

The boy chuckles. “Fine. Whatever!” He starts walking away but turns around and looks at Seulgi “Treat her better!”

 

Seulgi sighed when the boy left them.

 

“Phew! I thought he was going to punch me.”

 

“Um Seulgi…”

 

“Yea?”

 

“This isn’t mine… where’d you get this?” She checks the jacket she’s wearing.

 

“It’s yours.”

 

Judon looked at her confused.

 

“I bought it for you.”

 

“Aisshh!! You didn’t have to!” She says but she blushed uncontrollably.

 

“I’m sorry… I gave my jacket to Wan.”

 

“I-it’s okay…”

 

“And I forgot to ask you what you wanted to eat.”

 

“It’s okay Seulgi.”

 

“No it isn’t.” She scratched her nape. “And you were so excited for the snacks but I totally forgot about you…”

 

Judon grabbed her face. “I said it’s okay, Seulgi. This date isn’t about me. It’s about You and Wendy. Please don’t worry about me.” She then starts walking towards Wendy and Sooyoung who were still in line.

 

Before Seulgi walked back to her friends she glanced at the boy one more time. She still feels uncomfortable but she doesn’t know why.

 

They finish buying their snacks. Judon happily skipped towards their cinema with a big bucket of popcorn and some gummy bears Seulgi got her. Her smile fades when she sees the poster in f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter